Android client

ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
So, just wanted to ask...  Is that still a thing ? Html5 is good and all but it keeps resetting my connection. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Comments

• I'm using it for quick logins on te go, but it's crashy (especially if much text arrives at once) and has some issues with new lines etc.

So all in all it works, but it's not very comfortable.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Where can you get it though?  All I find are broken links... 

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Google Play store!
  • It doesn't seem to be there, or it was replaced with something else and I can't find it.

I don't see it on the Play Store even in my installed apps (which means the one I installed before is definitely gone, but you could have released a new one in place of it), and the link on the IRE website doesn't work now. Searching for "iron realms", "ironrealms", "achaea", "mud client", etc. doesn't turn up any IRE client.
    Hrrm, very strange - I'll chase this up!
    Yep, it's back up now!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Yes! Thank you!

• Alternatively, there's Blowtorch's improved version, which supports Lua scripting (although you have to do it on your comp, and import it via the SD card)
    http://www.offsetnull.com/blowtorch/v2-test-version/

• MorkadoMorkado Seattle, WA
    Blowtorch V2 is pretty good. I really like the button system. The only problem is that there are a few bugs and it is no longer being developed by the author. That said, I have still found it to be more useful and more reliable than the IRE Android client.. :/

I have been considering developing my own android client for a while now. I might start soon, with a focus on Achaea/IRE specifically. When I do, I will start a thread here with info and links so anyone interested in using said client can follow progress and make feature requests.

I will be targeting higher-end phones/tablets though, with Android 5.0 or better.