Singapore 'Ironcon'

RuthRuth Singapore
edited August 2012 in The Wander Inn
After what was being discussed around the idea of having an Ironcon in the previous forums, interest in having an asian/oceanic alternative seemed to be one of the suggestions that kept popping up! Although it's not going to be an official gathering held by IRE themselves, I'm happy to host/organize it so people who can't find the money to do to Vegas/thinks it's too far can come to this asian alternative instead! Since Sarapis said he'll be willing to advertise it for us if we host the meet, chances are likely that it might eventually turn out to be an 'Ironcon' meet rather than an Achaea one only, as it might attract some attention/interest from people in other IRE games who might want to attend as well.

The gathering is likely going to be held in Singapore, around the low season (Aug-Oct) periods so it'll save money for those who want to travel in. I'm intending to organize it during Summer next year (2013), somewhere around August/September on the weekends (Friday to Sunday).

I can look into booking a chalet where we can hang around and stay for those 3 days. Activities would likely include: shopping, eating, universal studios, sentosa, cycling/bicycling on the east coast, BBQ, whatever else you guys can think of.

This is only a tentative outline as to what I'm looking to organize, so would appreciate some input so I can get some idea of the interest level/what I need to do!

EDIT: Chalet examples (See: http://www.costasands.com.sg/pasirris/)

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

I am going.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Me. Meeeeeee. August is a good month because it is my birthday month! But I live just across the strait so can really do it pretty much whenever, work permitting.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I will be attending as well

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • VrahVrah Mhaldor
    Sounds good, count me in!

oo a vrah

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • I'm in — work permitting since I might not be able to accrue enough leave by then with my new job. Would be more than happy to deal with 8h of flying (blast you Australia).

Also for all us Asians we all know it's just going to end up being: eating, eating, shopping, eating, karaoke, eating, go across Causeway to JB and do it all again anyway for 1/3 price.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

it's okay, if you do turn up I challenge you to a shoot out.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I demand you swim across the ocean to attend it. Or Wysteria gonna be the only forestal! Will burn her :D

• I'll definitely try and make it up there.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I know a good place for karaoke!

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    This is over a year away, am getting too excited too early shall ignore this thread now
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I would go because it's not that bad a drive, but I hate you all.
  • edited August 2012
    naked cuddling in a river?

but yeah i'll go

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    I always knew Garao is azn. Would be fun.. If I can afford it. LOLOL. :D 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• why are all the azn's evil. Can we get some  more good guys to balance things?
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • If somehow we can find the money, Valden and I will be there. Unlikely though, it's seriously expensive to fly anywhere from New Zealand. Depends what happens over the next year I guess.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Here's to hoping you can come!

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    How come I have to be the one Mhaldorian from America? Well, besides Harmonia who's like two hours from me...
  • Wish I could come to Mhaldorcon

• Ruth said:
    I demand you swim across the ocean to attend it. Or Wysteria gonna be the only forestal! Will burn her :D
    Most of Australia is Mhaldorian too...Don't let me be the token Azn forestal in Oceania!  :(  @Ellodin I'm looking at you here otherwise they'll exterm bits of Sentosa...though it would be considered offplane...
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• @Wysteria i'm a really long swim away.  must not allow extermination though, you're right.  WHERE'S THE GODDAMNED FERRY and why isn't transportation as simple in real life.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • I get the feeling im gonna be solo representing Mhaldor at the Vegas Ironcon if I end up going...

Viva la Mhaldorcon.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • I should be back in Singapore for the holidays next year at that period, so count me in. (Hope it's the early part of September >_>)
  • My disagrees in this thread all mean, "No, go for Vegas!!" Because if you never do, I bet I'll never get to see any of you offline. :(
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Antidas said:
    I get the feeling im gonna be solo representing Mhaldor at the Vegas Ironcon if I end up going...
    uhh, depends. Over half my alts are Mhaldorian. Dormant, but hey.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
    i am too pakistani for america

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    i am too pakistani for america
    extra disagree for you. NOT meaning the above, but because I 100% disagree with the quoted statement.