Priest: Mizik

Runewarden: Mizik

Shaman: Mizik

Sentinel: Mizik

Serpent: Mizik

Sylvan: Mizik

Do you even forum? wow.

I've got your back.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • You're missing:

1. Mizik
    2. Mizik
    3. Mizik
    4. Mizik
    5. Fez
  • Everyones relatively shit at combat.
  • edited April 2015
    Nice of you to name a thread after me, @Jovolo
  • Best of all time is very hard to gauge only because of the level of curing we see now. I remember @Cain being terrifying as a Serpent, but then I remember playing during a time when having a paralysis trigger and sipping automatically meant you were the shit.

• Took me forever to figure out how to sip automatically on Zmud. But once I did, man, damage classes were cake.

• Jovolo said:
    You're missing:

5. Fez
    RIP

• edited April 2015
    Jovolo said:
    Name: 

Top 5 best of all time
    1. Tanris
    2. Jhui
    3. Mizik
    4. Santar
    5. Tirac

Top 5 current best
    1. Jhui
    2. Mizik
    3. Santar
    4. Xinna
    5. Seragorn

Best in each class of all time
    Best currently in each class. 

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Best what. Best buddies?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • No, not best buddies. Something much more sacred, apparently. Best bros.

• Let me set the mood for you.

• Sarapis said:
    I'd agree with @Trey and say a meaningful comparison is impossible. There's no comparing people fighting with auto-curing and full systems to people manual-ing. The two are different games, and there's a huge spectrum in between. Some of you good with systems would have gotten crushed in the earlier days, and the reverse is equally true. 

The other problem is that 'the game' has changed immensely. It's not like baseball or something, where a rule change that is impactful comes along only every decade or two. 

This is true, but there are also people that managed to compete in both eras. Carmain, Jhui, Rangor and Santar come to mind. Although perhaps not of the "true" manual era, we're speaking a difference in automation level of a decade
  • Think you've got the Santar/Mizik combo inverted in those lists.

Otherwise, pretty good list.

• Even if a true comparison of skill isn't possible, I think it's interesting to see how people's legacies continue, and that's as much what something like this shows.

• edited April 2015
    Sarapis said:
    Some of you good with systems would have gotten crushed in the earlier days
    What was it about the early days that would have gotten system people crushed? It seems like it would just have been an even larger advantage back then.

I thought it was just more that there were not such people with so much sophistication (probably related to the fact that clients weren't as easy to make complex systems in either).
  • Seragorn would beat Tanris for Occultist?
  • edited April 2015
    Seragorn is only in the current lists, Tanris would take the all time spot. Especially if we're talking about old occultist - Tanris didn't try the new Occultist as he'd already left so it's hard to compare the two in terms of who would perform best nowadays.

My lists-

Top 5 of all time: (Judged by how good they were in their time, so relative skill and knowledge)
    1. Manu 
    2. Dumah
    3. Rennyn
    4. Carmain
    5. Jarrel

(Very honourable mentions - Santar, Jhui, Mizik, Tanris, Rameus)

Current top 5 (in terms of knowledge/skill/execution):
    1. Jhui
    2. Santar
    3. Mizik (I put Santar above if Mizik is still Serpent, otherwise not sure)
    4. Ayoxele
    5. Xinna
    Don't think you can compare them. Different times, different mechanics. Tanris would probably have run out of herbs/vials mid duel also, like he usually does.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • and then he'll be like "Uh, out of curatives.. better stop playing about" and kill you.
  • There are a couple of names that seem to be missing from the all time rankings people are coming out with, though I don't know where they fit. Poergh and Tekumza come to mind.

Tanris at the top is indisputable.

I never had many problems against Tanris but he did play a crap class I guess and did well raiding.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Poergh might make it into a top 20 or top 30 of all time list, but I don't think they'd break top 5. Tanris at the very top of 1v1 is disputable imo, but he'd walk onto any top raiders of all time list with ease. 
    Poergh was okay but she did have more ents than the average occie. That one that impaled was the worst.

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Hermes used vengeance. Secret necromancer.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited April 2015
    Jovolo said:
    Tanris at the very top of 1v1 is disputable imo, but he'd walk onto any top raiders of all time list with ease. 
    I guess saying something is indisputable is just asking for someone to dispute it, haha!

It's definitely his raiding prowess that I was thinking of.

I'm really hoping Tanris' soul is still among us somehow. So hope he didn't just hang up his waterwalking boots and walk away.

i dunno, i think he would need his waterwalking boots, he might accidentally walk into an ocean.

-

As drawn by Shayde