Alliances

edited April 2015 in North of Thera
I think it would be super cool if some city alliances sprang up in Achaea.. coming together for a common enemy. But then again, Eleusis and Targ or sort of on the rocks now, but I always thought it would be cool if they could come together versus Ashtan and Mhaldor to battle those who would seek to destroy/hinder Nature and Creation... 

But that's just my thoughts. Even if it was just a 5 year war, would still be fun!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Well, even if we can forget political reasoning, the massive bloodbaths on the clouds would be EPIC
  • Temporary alliances with a specific endgoal/date, such as during the Reckoning, are fine. But beyond that it's very hard to really justify an alliance when all factions have such strong ideals that to ally with each other would inevitably force one (or both) to compromise them in favour of keeping the alliance. See: Shallam nuking a forest and Eleusis doing nothing.
  • Short-term alliances are arguably still workable, but as Kinilan said, long-term alliances sort of stifle some avenues of conflict and eliminate certain story arcs altogether. Some of the current conflict around Nature would not be very workable today if Targossas and Eleusis were as buddy-buddy as Shallam and Eleusis were in the past.
  • Meh. If the last event was any indication when given a choice we're all just going to revert to the old way with Mhashtan on one side and Targusis on the other. With Hashan sitting in a corner eating paint chips and Cyrene "Not involved" but fighting with Targusis.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Been there, done that. Alliances sound good in theory, but are not very good in practice.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Alliances again? No thanks. No more Mhashtan or Tarleusynian.
  • Zuko said:
    I think it would be super cool if some city alliances sprang up in Achaea.. coming together for a common enemy. But then again, Eleusis and Targ or sort of on the rocks now, but I always thought it would be cool if they could come together versus Ashtan and Mhaldor to battle those who would seek to destroy/hinder Nature and Creation... 

But that's just my thoughts. Even if it was just a 5 year war, would still be fun!
    We did this during The reckoning event and IT was super cool. On a Day to Day basis things are more interesting with cities not teaming up.
  • Ashtalleusisyrene took down Mhaldor's icons that one time