Brisbane, Australia

2»

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I was born in Queensland but uh.. you probably find more bogans in Mount Isa than you do in Brisbane?

I'm super excited about it but it's such a long ways off yet. I have to finish up with Uni first and then find a dream home with at least a quarter acre of land (because after living on five acres for the last 19 years, it's downsizing in the worst way) and hopefully avoid the bits prone to lots of water.

Cane toads are easily dealt with. Very inhumanly with Dettol in a spray bottle >.> get a few good squirts and they die kind of fast. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Jukilian said:
    QLD is basically the best state.
    Pretty much says everything that needs saying.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Kyrra said:
    I was born in Queensland but uh.. you probably find more bogans in Mount Isa than you do in Brisbane?

I'm super excited about it but it's such a long ways off yet. I have to finish up with Uni first and then find a dream home with at least a quarter acre of land (because after living on five acres for the last 19 years, it's downsizing in the worst way) and hopefully avoid the bits prone to lots of water.

Cane toads are easily dealt with. Very inhumanly with Dettol in a spray bottle >.> get a few good squirts and they die kind of fast. 
    Golf clubs.

and quarter acre block you'd need to head either way north like Nerang or way south past Burbank if you want something <$600k these days. It's nuts how expensive land is getting for houses ;_;
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Cheaper than Darwin! We only paid around $250k when we moved here from Queensland in '96 and just the value of land alone has tripled. The house across the road from me has sold for $990k three times now, the surrounding blocks have just as high value. From what I've seen for sale online, Brisbane is so much cheaper. Just not a lot of decent size land. I've no idea how far away Underwood and Rochedale South are from the CBD, but there's a few nice places around.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Cheaper than Darwin! We only paid around $250k when we moved here from Queensland in '96 and just the value of land alone has tripled. The house across the road from me has sold for $990k three times now, the surrounding blocks have just as high value. From what I've seen for sale online, Brisbane is so much cheaper. Just not a lot of decent size land. I've no idea how far away Underwood and Rochedale South are from the CBD, but there's a few nice places around.
    That's heading to Woodrige so about 35mins drive from the city if you take the Motorway. Rochedale is suburban rural so buses and trains are crap from there. Underwood is nice though :)
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited April 2015
    I tend to stay far away from Brisbane because I hate the traffic there, so I've no idea what any suburbs and the like are. :neutral: 

I almost crashed my car the first time I drove there. :disappointed: I was late to see Wicked and the directions for finding a park were completely wrong and inaccurate (was told to turn off of this one specific road onto another specific road to find a park. THOSE ROADS WERE PARALLEL, I FOUND OUT). So, lost and driving in circles in Brisbane having no idea where to park leading to frustration and lack of concentration on driving, leading to not noticing a red light. Fun times!

Second time I traveled in Brisbane was on the way home from north of Brisbane and the GPS was wrong and I got lost for a little while but eventually found the road home.

Third time wasn't so bad, good directions and edge of Brisbane, basically. From there, walked and took a train around with friends who were familiar with Brisbane (I still have no idea how to work the train ticketing system).

Fourth time, my GPS died on the way there and I got incredibly lost on my motorbike. That's what I get for having not hooked up my GPS to the battery yet.

Though I went to Rochedale South to buy my current motorbike late last year and that wasn't too bad. Though admittedly, my dad was driving and I followed him for the ride back. :grin: 
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jukilian said:
    I tend to stay far away from Brisbane because I hate the traffic there, so I've no idea what any suburbs and the like are. :neutral: 
    This. Brisbane's street layout is one of the worst in the country.
  • Jukilian said:
    QLD is basically the best state.
    Basically the best, but actually sixth best