Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What kinda music do you listen to?

Aerosi
Aerosi Member Posts: 56 ✭✭ - Stalwart
I've been playing Achaea roughly less than a year on various failed characters, and I can't remember once when I didn't have my Dubstep/Electro/Glitch Hop/Drumstep/House music blaring away to the point that I can't remember the last song I was listening to.

What kinda music do you guys listen to while bashing away on Achaea?



''Dude, I want a horse so bad.....''
''Mhaldorians don't say 'dude'.''
''Oh.... I still want that horse.''
KitiaraAereidhna

Comments

  • Kitiara
    Kitiara Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited April 2015
    Metal, dubstep or classical. Metal 90% of the time though.  \m/
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

    AerosiBrissanOrzaansyn
  • Mishgul
    Mishgul Trondheim, NorwayMember Posts: 5,378 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    igudesman and joo.

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    KitiaraRuth
  • Aereidhna
    Aereidhna DallasMember Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I listen pretty exclusively to rap and r&b. I like some rock, every now and then I'll switch it up. Last couple weeks it's been straight T.I., Drake, J. Cole, Angel Haze. I get stuck on the same albums for awhile.
    AerosiAlcinae
  • Dortheron
    Dortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Only real time I pay attention to what I'm listening to is when I'm bashing. Otherwise it's just my library shuffled. Rock, Punk, Classical, Metal, Funk, Oldies, Alternative, etc. I personally don't listen to much rap or dubstep. And whenever I do listen to dubstep, I always think of this:
    http://explosm.net/comics/2565/
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
    Kitiara
  • Aedin
    Aedin Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Hmm sounds like you need to come over to http://plug.DJ/Achaea or same website but the tastycat room where I'm usually at if not on the Achaea community one
  • Dortheron
    Dortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I've been there! I'd have to make a decent playlist that's bigger than what I currently have in my account and I'm too lazy to go add more.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
  • Klendathu
    Klendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 2015
    I like what you youngsters would call "classic" house, that was just house when I started listening to it... Anything from the late 80s to early 2000s, before house went all "make as nasty a noise as possible over a 4/4 beat" - Marshall Jefferson, DJ Pierre, Masters at Work,  Todd Terry, Deep Dish - get a funky bassline, add a squelchy 303, some uplifting pianos, soaring vocals, I'm sold.



    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    AedinAlcinaeTekk
  • Aedin
    Aedin Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Klendathu said:
    I like what you youngsters would call "classic" house, that was just house when I started listening to it... Anything from the late 80s to early 2000s, before house went all "make as nasty a noise as possible over a 4/4 beat" - Marshall Jefferson, DJ Pierre, Masters at Work,  Todd Terry, Deep Dish - get a funky bassline, add a squelchy 303, some uplifting pianos, soaring vocals, I'm sold.


    I actually got some "classic" house on my plug.DJ playlist haha;)
  • Blujixapug
    Blujixapug Member Posts: 1,833 @@ - Legendary Achaean
  • Sarapis
    Sarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,409 Achaean staff
    Aerosi said:
    I've been playing Achaea roughly less than a year on various failed characters, and I can't remember once when I didn't have my Dubstep/Electro/Glitch Hop/Drumstep/House music blaring away to the point that I can't remember the last song I was listening to.

    What kinda music do you guys listen to while bashing away on Achaea?
    I listen to a lot of different music, but by far the most common are deep house, electro, and dubsteppy tracks. 
    AerosiAedinMerador
  • Aedin
    Aedin Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sarapis said:
    Aerosi said:
    I've been playing Achaea roughly less than a year on various failed characters, and I can't remember once when I didn't have my Dubstep/Electro/Glitch Hop/Drumstep/House music blaring away to the point that I can't remember the last song I was listening to.

    What kinda music do you guys listen to while bashing away on Achaea?
    I listen to a lot of different music, but by far the most common are deep house, electro, and dubsteppy tracks. 
    Come join us more often :)
  • Alcinae
    Alcinae AFKMember Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited April 2015
    I tend to listen to mostly hip-hop, though lately that gets me much too hyped up to RP properly. But outside of that, I try to go for some jazz, and techno/ambient music such as Laurel Halo and similar artists.

    edit: my last.fm acct probably paints a better picture though I've only recently begun to use it again.
    image
    Aereidhna
  • Reif
    Reif Member Posts: 37 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I usually go for more relaxing types of music. Folk, acoustic, a little bit of classical or celtic music here and there. Occasionally I'll dip into country or rock, but I usually go back to my usual pretty quick.
  • Ruth
    Ruth SingaporeMember Posts: 2,700 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I listen to a wide genre of songs while bashing or at least while playing Achaea. Could range from classical tracks, pop songs, metal, trance, dance, dubstep, movie OSTs, anime soundtracks or covers.

    Artists range from the familiar The Piano Guys, Taylor Davis, Lindsey Stirling, oldies like Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Philip Glass isn't that bad too (thanks for the recommendation), Kokia, Yuki Kajiura, T.M. Revolution, See-Saw and then over to Ellie Goulding, Muse, Linkin Park, The Killers, The Bravery, Infected Mushroom, John Legend, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Avicii, Kamelot, Epica, Omnitica, Nightwish, Thomas Bergerson, Enya, John Williams.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

     

    Mishgul
  • Jonathin
    Jonathin Retired in a hole.Member Posts: 3,406 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 2015
    Dubstep.

    eta: Dubstep for conflict. Dubstep for tender moments. Dubstep for everything.

    My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

    AereidhnaAedinAlcinae
  • Brissan
    Brissan Member Posts: 25 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Im more of an 80`s metal band guy, era I grew up in so, But mostly Rock
    KitiaraTaraus
  • Merriweather
    Merriweather Member Posts: 25
    Funk, jazz (funk/rock) fusion, and soul.
  • Inuad
    Inuad Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I like listening to soundtracks for Bastion, Transistor, and similar games.
  • Orzaansyn
    Orzaansyn Member Posts: 663 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I listen about any type of music. From Rihanna to Classical pieces, from Eminem to Trance.

    But my favourite is Black Metal, particulary the old school one (Mayhem, Immortal, Marduk, Darkthrone, Emperor...)
    image
    HarmoniaTitonusTrey
  • Kitiara
    Kitiara Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Orzaansyn said:
    I listen about any type of music. From Rihanna to Classical pieces, from Eminem to Trance.

    But my favourite is Black Metal, particulary the old school one (Mayhem, Immortal, Marduk, Darkthrone, Emperor...)
    <3<3<3

    Emperor FTW!
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

    Orzaansyn
  • Titonus
    Titonus Youngstown, OhioMember Posts: 238 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I like Industrial(Tool, Mushroomhead, Ventana, etc) Metal(Cannibal Corpse, Lamb of God, GWAR, etc) and Hip hop(Immortal Technique, Mac Lethal, Diabolic, etc) mostly. Sometimes pop rock like Linkin Park or Disturbed or something like that but usually not.

    KitiaraOrzaansynTrey
  • Jukilian
    Jukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    I'm very eclectic with my taste in music.

    Classical, Rock, Soft Metal, Heavy Metal, Dubstep, Electronica, Disney, Folk, soundtracks, etc etc.
  • Taraus
    Taraus The Gypsy WindMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 890 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Brissan said:
    Im more of an 80`s metal band guy, era I grew up in so, But mostly Rock
    idk who you are but I love you

    Kitiara
Sign In to Comment.