Anime/manga recommendations

So I just finished watching Code Geass (amazing) and need something new to watch/read.
Any recommendations?

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Off the top of my head. 

Anime : Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero (if you have played Fate/Stay Night), Ergo Proxy, Noein, Aldnoah Zero
    Manga: Full Metal Alchemist, Vinland Saga, Tsubasa Chronicles, Berserk

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Manga
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
    Magi (has anime)
    Magi - Sinbad no Bouken
    Noragami (has anime)
    Hells Kitchen
    Shokugeki no Soma
    Hunter x Hunter (has anime)
    Tokyo Ghoul (has anime)
    Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (has anime)
    Chouka Kou 
    In Full Bloom Yon Jae Won 
    Online - The Comic 
    Otoyomegatari 
    Akatsuki no Yona (has anime)
    Houseki no Kuni 
    Bartender

Anime
    Death Parade
    Shirobako
    Log Horizon
    Sword Art Online
    Parasyte
    Psycho Pass

A few of my current favorites that I keep up with! No particular genre. There's cooking, assassination plots, stuck in games with life..
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    full metal alchemist : brotherhood
    (would help if you also posted a list of things you already watched/read)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Recent favorites (anime):

Blue Exorcist
    Fate/Zero (Probably my fave in a while)
    Deadman Wonderland
    Kill La Kill

The above are all action/supernatural. If you want something funny and lewd, though, Sgt. Frog is fucking hilarious.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Log horizon nuff said
  • I would also suggest using myanimelist.net. It's what I use to keep track of what I have/want to watch and it has recommendations.

• edited February 2015
    Some that have already been said, but my all time favourites, that I can think of atm:

Ao No Exorcist (Blue Exorcist),
    Tokyo Ghoul, 
    Tokyo Ghoul:re, 
    The Breaker, 
    The Breaker: New Waves (this is the sequel to The Breaker. Both have amazing art, stories, and excellent fight scenes), 
    Soul Eater (The manga - the first half of the anime was good, the second half was a let down. The manga is amazing), 
    Deadman Wonderland, 
    Full Metal Alchemist (The manga. If you watch the anime, make sure you watch FMA: Brotherhood. It's closer to the manga than just the original FMA anime which went along its own direction), 
    Boku no Hero Academia (new manga, only 29 chapters in. Very cool though), 
    Yu Yu Hakusho (manga - it's amazing), 
    Hunter x Hunter (my favourite adventure anime/manga of all time. Much better than one piece imo), 
    Mushishi, 
    Kill la Kill, 
    The Gamer,
    Anohana (a short, 11 episode anime series. It's pretty sad but the animation is brilliant and the story is moving). 

• SethSeth North Carolina
    Readed/watched:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Hunter x Hunter
    Valverave
    Magi
    Fairy Tail
    Code Geass (my new fav) Anything like this one i would love.
    Claymore
    FMA: Brotherhood
    Attack on Titan (good manga if you haven't read it)
    Bleach
    Yu Hakusho
    Blue Exorcist
    D. Gray-man

• I think you will like Black Lagoon given all the action anime you have seen. Also want to recommend cowboy bebop since it is one of my favorites but it is kinda episodic at times. Also love Outlaw Star.
  • Cowboy Bebop
    Cowboy Bebop
    Cowboy Bebop
    Chobits (Clamp so fucking cute)
    Ouran Host Club
    Samurai Champloo
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (the revamp is dumbed down and a lot easier to follow)
    Ergo Proxy
    Ergo Proxy
    Ergo Proxy
    Rosen Maiden
    Any studio Ghibli film

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    maybe some from this list?

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Another, Baccano, No Game No Life would be my recommendations. Baccano, specially. That one's really nice.

• Shirszae said:
    Off the top of my head. 

Anime : Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero (if you have played Fate/Stay Night)
    In reverse order: 2) The same folks that did F/Z (and Kara no Kyoukai) are doing F/SN. <3 Ufotable. 1) <3 Kara no Kyoukai. It's a touch absurd in ways, but it's freaking cinematically beautiful, and Shiki x Kokuto is my legit OTP (and a vague inspiration for Nim x Iocun). :c
  • umm... when I get time, I'll write a list. It might take me a while though >.>
  • Recent anime:

Tokyo Ghoul Root A
    Death Parade
    Parasyte
    Zankyou no Terror

Recent Manga:

Tokyo Ghoul
    Bleach (might drop soon)
  • Angel Sanctuary, Cross, Diabolo, and Fruits Basket.
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• Even if I may sound nostalgic, I remember Tiger-man (the wrestler) and Ashita no Joe (the boxer) as one of the best written manga of all times. 
    Light prevails, always
  • Code Geass, Attack on Titan(sort of), Ergo Proxy, Psycho Pass, Stein's Gate

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • i mostly read manga, hadn't watched a single episode of anime since high school until a week ago, when i watched all of aldnoah zero that's come out on recommendation.  still not sure if i like it very much, much too similar to other things.  my favorite anime ever is probably honey & clover.

manga/hua/hwa i read: kingdom, hajime no ippo, vagabond, bartender, a fair amount of the weekly shonen jump lineup, arslan senki, attack on titan, uq holder, fairy tail, tower of god, vagabond, berserk (saying that i read berserk is like saying that i read hunter x hunter - hiatus city), vinland saga, otoyomegatari.

stuff that's complete, is very popular, and i can remember a good deal about but hasn't been mentioned yet (all manga, didn't watch the anime for these though they do exist for all of these): rurouni kenshin, hokuto no ken (lol), mahou sensei negima.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
    Whoever said Angel Sanctuary -> YES

• TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    Amine like Code Geuss?

I can't believe no one has suggested Death Note. It's like CG just without the mechs but with death gods.

Also an amine I find to be similar was Stein's Gate, which is a time travel paradox type thing. Very well done. 
  • I found Death Note to be really inconsistent. The first half was outstanding, but I didn't like the second half so much. The final episode kind of came out of nowhere, too. Definitely worth watching, though!
  • Shirszae said:
    Whoever said Angel Sanctuary -> YES
    *Raises Hand*

My favorite manga of all time <3<3
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• Bakemonogatari, Nekomonogatari, Nisemonogatari in that order.. Those are my all time favs. A lot of the stuff already mentioned are really good! There's really so much out there it's hard to narrow it down..
  • If no one has said: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). Tokyo Ghoul and the second one (Re?). I also like Noragami.
  • Jovolo and @Yae recommended, you should also look into Kubera, The Tower of God, and ReLIFE. First two are much more fantasy, while ReLIFE is closer to a slice-of-life school story with a minor fictional plot device.

I also highly recommend reading Feng Sheng Ji and Ruler of the Land. Frankly, Feng Sheng Ji should be read just because of how well it looks (not so much for Ruler, although that just could of been bad scans of it I've seen)

You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • edited April 2015
    Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series

...also samurai champloo
  • I didn't see an anime/manga general discussion thread, so I'll just put this here. I bought my first licensed manga!! I can hold the book and read the pages and enjoy it so much. I was actually looking for something else in the used bookstore that I got the manga on, but I was so happy I found it <3.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • I love Aria, at least the anime! It's so pretty and relaxing to watch.