Munn or Mewn or something else?

Out of curiosity, what is the correct pronunciation of the word Mhun?

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Help file :
    4.13.6 Achaean Pronunciation

Edit: Actually... no Mhun there... but there should be!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

You pull down your pants and Mhun the world.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I always thought munn, if you're talking basic phonetics.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I mentally pronounce it as a short double o sound, like book/soot/good. Not like room/food/cool, which are long double o sounds. The closest rhyme or similar word I could find was the first syllable of mujahideen.
  • I think I say it like @Blujixapug - like "moon" but with a slightly shortened middle of the syllable.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Greyskin, as opposed to pinkskin, which refers to humans. All you mammals look pretty much the same.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I mentally pronounce it as a short double o sound, like book/soot/good. Not like room/food/cool, which are long double o sounds. The closest rhyme or similar word I could find was the first syllable of mujahideen.
    /mʊn/

Silent h, vowel like the u in "put" or the first syllable of "woman", which for me, at least, is the same as in book/soot/good.
  • Muun.

BODY IS NOT 1 CHARACTERS TOO SHORT!!!!!!
  • Cooper as in mini cooper.
  • I pronounce it as something pretty close to "moon", mostly because I don't like how any of the alternatives sound.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    The pronunciation of Targossas was different than I thought, but I still don't know the correct way to pronounce Mhun, and it seems everyone has their own answer.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    M-H-U-N, that spells "ready!"

• TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    I think it's Mun. Rhymes with bun.

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Thanks for the official clarification!
    I'm still going to say Mhaldor how I want to and just blame it on a speech impediment. 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    ... How do you say it? I presumed it was "mall-door" even before the pronunciation guide.

Do you say "mall-der"?
  • Mall-door.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Mall as in Pall Mall? ;)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • meowdor
    I'm the same. Mal-door for life,

• Mal-door and mjoons, like the first syllable of mjolnir. Rhymes with soon.

I have a propensity for pronouncing written names completely incorrectly.
  • Jukilian said:
    I will forever pronounce Mhaldor as Mal-door. Sorry!
    But that's the correct pronunciation! Not sure why you're apologizing!
  • edited April 2015
    Mal =/ Mall

But Mal > Mall