Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• So, kind of building a list for arties I want to save up for (mostly IG & through Iron Elite at this point).

Context: Human Blademaster, stats: 12, 11, 16 (w/ Weathering), 12
    No arties
    Trans TwoArts & Shindo
    Airfist in Striking
    Focus in Survival

I'm looking to get into PvP at some point, although currently I'm mostly just bashing/questing to get more health/more gold.

It seems fairly obvious to at least get a lvl 1 band. After that though, what things should I be looking at?
  • Aurom said:
    So, kind of building a list for arties I want to save up for (mostly IG & through Iron Elite at this point).

No arties
    Trans TwoArts & Shindo
    Airfist in Striking
    Focus in Survival

I'm looking to get into PvP at some point, although currently I'm mostly just bashing/questing to get more health/more gold.

It seems fairly obvious to at least get a lvl 1 band. After that though, what things should I be looking at?
    It seems fairly obvious that you should transcend Striking and Survival before even thinking about getting an artefact. I understand that some people overlook the utility of skills in favor of artefacts, but there is seriously no substitute for some skills. Getting a band instead of these skills will hurt you.

Just sayin'.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Cooper said:
    I always hate when people with low might ask what artefacts they should get.

You need to trans your class skills, avoidance, and survival (and vision if you want to raid) before thinking about artefacts.

Then you probably want a diadem first. Or wings.
    Truer words have never been spoken. 
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited April 2015
    If you hunt a lot, definitely trans Avoidance as well as Survival, it is amazing. For hunting, crit pendant, health arties, con arties are all good (especially because Blademasters are squishy as hell), although at this stage a higher level band might be a better investment (after class skills/survival/avoidance/vision).
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited April 2015
    Bronislav said:
    Aurom said:
    So, kind of building a list for arties I want to save up for (mostly IG & through Iron Elite at this point).

No arties
    Trans TwoArts & Shindo
    Airfist in Striking
    Focus in Survival

It seems fairly obvious that you should transcend Striking and Survival before even thinking about getting an artefact. I understand that some people overlook the utility of skills in favor of artefacts, but there is seriously no substitute for some skills. Getting a band instead of these skills will hurt you.

Just sayin'.

While sometimes class skills should always be transed first. certain classes have an entire set of class skills that are mostly useless for certain kill setups. 

Don't really need anything more than voidfist for groups. and even then using voidfist in groups is kinda meh. Reckless,Chest,Throat,Stomach,Underarm.  is only useful if your going for locks or assisting group in locking so don't need to trans class skills for blademaster.

Def want at least insomnia in survival. imo at least, Efficiency sounds great but have no idea what it does since i've been trans before it came out.

Band is okay, honestly don't even really need it unless you just want your sword to not decay.

Sip ring is amazing artifact and something your going to want asap.

Buckawns is something you might want. problem with buckawns is... it's expensive but it stops something pretty lame in the game something anyone hardly uses but will the second they find out you don't have buckawns.

Wings is something your likely going to want. people will Dunathar to get away from you and cost you alot of kills.

Ring of flying is awesome and something likely everyone should have.

Artifact pipes stay lit. This can keep you from dying when you can't relight your pipes in certain situations. are pretty cheap typically.

Personal recommendation is band or sip ring. Band will make hunting easier but unless your going for a damage route/affliction route bm is perfectly fine with out using one. while Sip ring lets you live through suitations you'd normally die in.
    Every attack (or most at least) in the game that deals damage will deal base+ a % of your health. The more you raise your health the less that base damage will matter and the more the % you'll live through. which makes it one of if not the best pvp artifact in the game.

As far as vision goes.. Softfocus is neat but it's not a 100% chance and it's the only real useful pvp skill past alertness besides Contemplation. Alertness is awesome.. Contemplation is okay.  Don't worry about vision if you don't want to spend the lessons in it

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Caladbolg said:

imo at least, Efficiency sounds great but have no idea what it does since i've been trans before it came out.

Efficiency (Survival)                         Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            None
    Details:
    Due to your mastery of various survival techniques, you are now able to manage your resources to a 
    higher degree, reducing the mana necessary to focus your mind and clot your wounds.

In addition, you will now recover far more swiftly from activating the tree tattoo or focusing your 
    mind.

It's basically what replaced Recovery.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • FYI regarding the talisman promo, the 500 credit bonus talisman only applies when you buy in bulk, not in separate purchases.
    Halos said:
    Caladbolg said:

imo at least, Efficiency sounds great but have no idea what it does since i've been trans before it came out.

Details:
    Due to your mastery of various survival techniques, you are now able to manage your resources to a 
    higher degree, reducing the mana necessary to focus your mind and clot your wounds.

In addition, you will now recover far more swiftly from activating the tree tattoo or focusing your 
    mind.

Yeah but not sure on the exact times and stuff in order to be like Oh my god you must have that or not. Assuming it's one of those things your going to absolutely want but who knows.

• Caladbolg said:
    Halos said:
    Caladbolg said:

Details:

mind.

Yeah but not sure on the exact times and stuff in order to be like Oh my god you must have that or not. Assuming it's one of those things your going to absolutely want but who knows.
    Unless there have been adjustments since the changes that introduced efficiency, pretrans focus is 500 mana and 5s cooldown, tree is 30s cooldown, and clotting is 70 mana (before any adjustments like impaleslash). Efficiency reduces tree cooldown to 10s (same as recovery), and brings focus and clotting down to their standard costs (250 mana and 2.5s cooldown for focus, 60 mana for clotting).
  • Dear friends, you have been great in your advice!

Artefact bows have been discussed...

Is the "Marksman" trait comparable to the Aiming ability? Would it make the bow more viable for a priest shooting normal arrows?

• edited April 2015
    If you want to use a bow (for more than meteors) and you're not a serpent or knight, you definitely want the marksman trait.

It's not as effective as aiming, but it's also an "always on" bonus that doesn't require you to do anything extra or take extra time.
  • Purely for the sake of hunting, is trans survival important? The reduction in balance and cost is nice, sure, but does survival still connote the TRANS BEFORE OTHER SKILLS mentality?
  •      Item  Name                                 Originally                     
        27916  a lambent golden jar                 N/A
        43819  a silver token                       N/A
        47180  Ancient Cobras                       a two arts sword
        55093  a moonstone vial                     N/A
        66602  a driftwood stationery kit           N/A
        96082  Prospero's Greater Vault             N/A
       100606  a silver stocking                    N/A
       133419  a Stonesmith's Maul                  N/A
       154175  a signet ring                        N/A
       159280  a Ceylonese bracelet                 N/A
       176626  a Mayan ring                         N/A
       191455  a taper of eternity                  N/A
       217403  a moonstone vial                     N/A
       227173  a moonstone vial                     N/A
       237321  Gloves of Extraction                 N/A
       269434  a Velocity Bow                       N/A
       375528  a blood pendant                      N/A
       387111  a ram's horn                         N/A
       387503  a dragonskin pack                    N/A
       399626  an inlaid ebony pipe                 a long, elegant ebony pipe
       405389  a glittering ring of vitality        N/A
       424139  an ornately carved ivory pipe        N/A
       424931  a long, elegant ebony pipe           N/A
       523637  a gilded spoon                       N/A
       523639  a pair of silver shears              N/A
       523641  a mithril jeweller's loupe           N/A
       208624  an elegant diamond vial              N/A

Are my current artefacts. Not really looking to gain more or upgrade at the moment. Most of what I have is to make my hunting easier. Or just cus I wanted free letters/cookies etc....  However once I understand combat enough What should I look at upgrading or obtaining and in which order of priority?

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Makaela said:
         Item  Name                                 Originally                     
        27916  a lambent golden jar                 N/A
        43819  a silver token                       N/A
        47180  Ancient Cobras                       a two arts sword
        55093  a moonstone vial                     N/A
        66602  a driftwood stationery kit           N/A
        96082  Prospero's Greater Vault             N/A
       100606  a silver stocking                    N/A
       133419  a Stonesmith's Maul                  N/A
       154175  a signet ring                        N/A
       159280  a Ceylonese bracelet                 N/A
       176626  a Mayan ring                         N/A
       191455  a taper of eternity                  N/A
       217403  a moonstone vial                     N/A
       227173  a moonstone vial                     N/A
       237321  Gloves of Extraction                 N/A
       269434  a Velocity Bow                       N/A
       375528  a blood pendant                      N/A
       387111  a ram's horn                         N/A
       387503  a dragonskin pack                    N/A
       399626  an inlaid ebony pipe                 a long, elegant ebony pipe
       405389  a glittering ring of vitality        N/A
       424139  an ornately carved ivory pipe        N/A
       424931  a long, elegant ebony pipe           N/A
       523637  a gilded spoon                       N/A
       523639  a pair of silver shears              N/A
       523641  a mithril jeweller's loupe           N/A
       208624  an elegant diamond vial              N/A

Are my current artefacts. Not really looking to gain more or upgrade at the moment. Most of what I have is to make my hunting easier. Or just cus I wanted free letters/cookies etc....  However once I understand combat enough What should I look at upgrading or obtaining and in which order of priority?
    Without knowing class: eagle's wings
  • edited April 2015
    oops.. forgot to say I went to Infernal. Atleast you didnt make an assumption I was still BM based of my two arts sword XD

Also I can't justify getting wings IC...  Makaela has always been afraid of flying unless she is in a battle mindset at which point she just fails to realize she followed her team into the skies.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited April 2015
    @Makaela probably a con belt, maybe upgrade the mayan ring. Str gauntlets maybe too
    Aldar talisman. Definitely aldar talisman.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• @Tharvis I thought aldar was only good for eq based classes?  Will i be using enough necromancy to Make use of that?

Makaela said:
    @Tharvis I thought aldar was only good for eq based classes?  Will i be using enough necromancy to Make use of that?
    @Makaela there are some necromancy abilities you can combine with your actual weapon attacks. Experiment a bit!

• There's multiple classes of artefact owners in Achaea, but the peasant tier are those that don't have wings.

Another tier involves those that do and do not have Torc, which is the most retarded artefact in the game.
  • edited April 2015
    @Tharvis Thanks for the tip. I knew I could combine arc with necro but was told that was it. I will attempt other combinations though now that I know otherwise.

@Amranu Still no clue what this Torc is everyone keeps talking about. I have yet to see it in a Artefact help scroll o.0

Torc of Telepathy: 700 credits
       - Lets you use mind paralyse and mind stupidity on people.

• Oh I did see that.. I must have misunderstood and thought it only made it easier for monks to use those abilities. Did not realize it opened it up to all. God I feel dumb now and I ave to agree that seems stupidly strong.

• Makaela said:
    Oh I did see that.. I must have misunderstood and thought it only made it easier for monks to use those abilities. Did not realize it opened it up to all. God I feel dumb now and I ave to agree that seems stupidly strong.
    Pretty sure you can use the abilities prone too. LOOOL.
  • Aurom said:
    Makaela said:
    Oh I did see that.. I must have misunderstood and thought it only made it easier for monks to use those abilities. Did not realize it opened it up to all. God I feel dumb now and I ave to agree that seems stupidly strong.
    Oh god I hope not

Makaela said:
    Aurom said:
    Makaela said:
    Oh god I hope not
    you can actually use the torc abilities while prone. Pretty sure a few afflictions stop you from using them, though

Tharvis said:
    Makaela said:
    Aurom said:
    Makaela said:
    Oh god I hope not
    you can actually use the torc abilities while prone. Pretty sure a few afflictions stop you from using them, though
    Broke head is one, or should be after monk changes. Other wise likely just disrupt stops it. and of course Death.

• Can you upgrade eagle's wings to atavian wings?
  • Yes. They're considered levels of the same artefact type, just like a weapon would be.