Low-Investment Starter Classes

I realise that asking a question like this has a non-trivial chance at provoking an argument, but I really am just looking for a little information and guidance.

I'm hoping for a shortlist of classes which require low investment to get to a good place with. I mean this both financially - so classes that don't need to be tri-trans, for example, and aren't particularly reliant on artefacts - and in terms of knowledge. I know Achaea is very systemically complex, especially in PvP, but I figure the starting complexity for some classes must not be quite as bad as others.

So, basically I'm looking for experienced players to give me perspectives on the classes based on:

-Lessons required to be good at hunting.
-Lessons required to be good at combat.
-Reliance on artefacts for hunting.
-Reliance on artefacts for combat.
-Initial complexity/difficulty in hunting (nothing that's too squishy and requires constant running, probably).
-Initial complexity/difficulty in combat (if I need a whole offensive scripting system to compete, or have to memorise hundreds of affliction states, might be a no-go).

I know some of these criteria are bound to be subjective, but I appreciate any help you can offer.

Comments

• Sylvan is a good one for this now, as well. Your bashing and simpler pk strategy is tied up in one skill.
  • edited April 2015
    Sylvan and Druid definitely win for the most straightforward and simple pvp classes.  Monk and BM have overly complicated limb damage calculations that are a pretty severe hindrance to anyone new to the classes.

Dragon would also be an obvious contender too, but that uh ... takes a bit of work to get.
  • edited April 2015
    Makarios said:
    Sylvan is a good one for this now, as well. Your bashing and simpler pk strategy is tied up in one skill.

Are you referring to Propagation or Weatherweaving? They both seem to have bashing and PK abilities, and I don't know which one would be considered simpler because they honestly both seem slightly odd.

Edit: By which I mean neither of them is just "afflict with blah". As someone who isn't up on the intricacies of combat, I'm not sure what the high level strategy is for Sylvan PK.
  • 2H spec Runie looks pretty good for me as far as low investment/newbie friendly classes go. You don't really need all of Runelore or Chivalry, it bashes very well, it's decently tanky. The one v one seems pretty basic and something that could be learnt fairly quickly with a bit of practice.
  • Propagation is the easier method. Weatherweaving is more affliction based whereas the heartseed kill is basically all limb style stuff.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Makarios said:
    Propagation is the easier method. Weatherweaving is more affliction based whereas the heartseed kill is basically all limb style stuff.
    Is ASSUME VIRIDIAN a flat mana cost? Because it appears to be very high, and a newbie can't even utilise Propagation until they've gained enough levels by other means to have a mana pool sufficient to turn into a Viridian.
  • Its almost assuredly percentage based
  • edited April 2015
    Are you sure? I'm at level 13 with 859 mana and it the system tells me I don't have enough mana to assume viridian.
  • Oh oops. I'm sure @Makarios will fix it
  • Viridian is a flat 1000 mana to attempt plus a chunk of willpower
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    Tahquil said:
    Viridian is a flat 1000 mana to attempt plus a chunk of willpower
    It doesn't cost any willpower, or very little. However, it does raise you INT so you get an increased willpower pool after the change.