Jester, Serpent, new person?!?!?

edited April 2015 in North of Thera
So, I've learned a bit more about the classes recently. I've changed from Infernal to Jester, 'cause I'm not really a good knight. And now, I want to try Serpent!!! I've used my reincarnation to become Atavian from Troll. Pfft, I don't know what to do. What do you guys think?
''Dude, I want a horse so bad.....''
''Mhaldorians don't say 'dude'.''
''Oh.... I still want that horse.''

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Do whatever fits your character's roleplay :P I went from Occultist to Bard for that reason!

That having been said, I'd make an alt first before I decide on a direction. It's always good to know what you're getting yourself into.

• Nizana said:
    Do whatever fits your character's roleplay :P I went from Occultist to Bard for that reason!

That having been said, I'd make an alt first before I decide on a direction. It's always good to know what you're getting yourself into.
    That's what I'm thinking Imma do, meh! I'm still fleshing Aerosi out, but I do think he might be a quiet, slightly sadistic guy, and that could work with either Jester or Serpent.

With Jester, c'mon..... An evil, sadistic Jester? That has a lot of RP potential.

For Serpent?!? An evil, creepy Serpent, bent on watching all and scaring the jeebies out of random non-Mhaldor people?!?!? Lots of RP there, too.

And I live for Roleplaying. (Its why I like Mhaldor. All other cities seem...... Slightly RP boring.... A story of a creepy Jester or Serpent that grew to power from being a mere slave, when so many other novices quit because they didn't like that word....... Love, right there!)

But, when I think about it, I have a one-track mind...... If I make a new character, 80% chance I will be on the newest one all the time, leaving Aerosi to gather dust.
  • It may prove to be a unique and challenging experience to not get executed everyday as a Jester in Mhaldor.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Choose the option that you think will give you the most space to develop your character. You never know how your character might shape out to be in the future!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    Choose the option that you think will give you the most space to develop your character. You never know how your character might shape out to be in the future!
    That would probably be Jester...... Haven't seen not one Jester in Mhaldor yet, so that might be a little unique.
  • Also remember that your class does not have to justify your RP.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Jester is a great fun and rather challenging class. I'm currently one and once you get the hang of it it's a wild ride hah
  • IMO, you should try serpent before you commit to it. Leveling isn't that hard at low levels.
  • edited April 2015
    Aerosi said:
    Ruth said:
    That would probably be Jester...... Haven't seen not one Jester in Mhaldor yet, so that might be a little unique.
    Crixos and Kuy were rival Jesters to me at one point.
    It is a fun class with the sheer amount of utility, and by no means was Aquil a prankster or rather.. Very Jester-like. She was a very serious killer and avid defender of Nature, dubbing herself a 'Battle Jester.' Telling off CiJ members who otherwise were trying to give her advice to be funny and tell her to lighten up.

All in all, your class should not really affect who your character is. It can if you want it, but you don't need to crack jokes or be funny every moment you are logged in.

Past that, the combat and utility is great. You are also super valuable to your party when you master your skills. From juggle throwing bombs, to empress, knowing when to hangedman and when to aeon, using lust or going for a dry jack-in-the-box amid the chaos of a large fight.

Though you will find as Jester, you are first target always. And the cost upkeep and continual loss of experience in group combat is very discouraging.

But if you aren't doing combat even the hunting is pretty great. Magician, Fool, Priestess, and Hermit can all help you out in a pinch! Backflip ignores walls and somersault is 1 second faster than tumble!

Hope this at least covers Jester for you and my months of seriously playing it. Good luck!
  • Aquil said:
    Aerosi said:
    Ruth said:
    Crixos and Kuy were rival Jesters to me at one point.
    It is a fun class with the sheer amount of utility, and by no means was Aquil a prankster or rather.. Very Jester-like. She was a very serious killer and avid defender of Nature, dubbing herself a 'Battle Jester.' Telling off CiJ members who otherwise were trying to give her advice to be funny and tell her to lighten up.

All in all, your class should not really affect who your character is. It can if you want it, but you don't need to crack jokes or be funny every moment you are logged in.

Past that, the combat and utility is great. You are also super valuable to your party when you master your skills. From juggle throwing bombs, to empress, knowing when to hangedman and when to aeon, using lust or going for a dry jack-in-the-box amid the chaos of a large fight.

Though you will find as Jester, you are first target always. And the cost upkeep and continual loss of experience in group combat is very discouraging.

But if you aren't doing combat even the hunting is pretty great. Magician, Fool, Priestess, and Hermit can all help you out in a pinch! Backflip ignores walls and somersault is 1 second faster than tumble!

Hope this at least covers Jester for you and my months of seriously playing it. Good luck!
    I was really thinking of going as a kinda Battle Jester/Evil Prankster, being creepy and blowing people up! That will be really fun, especially when I get to higher city ranks and mess with all the little slaves :D

And it is, I've been looking at some Jester combat logs and looking through people arguing about using Jester instakills, and the challenge of making a good prep with s hindrance class sounds fun >.< Can't wait for that. Illusions sound more important to some combat strategies than I thought.

• edited April 2015
    As long as Evil Prankster isn't Shitty Heath Ledger Joker impression, we're all good.
  • Aurom said:
    As long as Evil Prankster isn't Shitty Heath Ledger Joker impression, we're all good.
    <3<3<3 Okeydokey :D
  • I've never seen the Batman movie with Heath Ledger as the Joker, whatever it's called. Is it good?

i'm a rebel

• edited April 2015
    Tesha said:
    I've never seen the Batman movie with Heath Ledger as the Joker, whatever it's called. Is it good?
    You can't have a good batman movie without a good villain. Joker was non-awesome that time.

It was the Dark Knight (2008), btw.
  • Tesha said:
    I've never seen the Batman movie with Heath Ledger as the Joker, whatever it's called. Is it good?
    It is very good. Specifically, Heath Ledger is great.

You are going to understand so much more of the internet in the near future.
  • Michael keaton batman is best batman. Jack is best joker. 

• Heath Ledger is always great, but his performance as the Joker was amazing. 
  • Jovolo said:
    Heath Ledger is always great, but his performance as the Joker was amazing. 
    Naw, I thought it was pretty weak. Ledger could have been so much more.... Joker-like.

The games, though fake, was honestly how Joker should have been in all movies. Hard to explain, but he seemed way more..... Real. In a video game.

Bane was pretty cool in erm.... One of those new movies, lol.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Aerosi said:
    Jovolo said:
    Naw, I thought it was pretty weak. Ledger could have been so much more.... Joker-like.
    You better check yourself, before you wreck yourself
  • Austere said:
    Aerosi said:
    Jovolo said:
    You better check yourself, before you wreck yourself
    I have.

Didn't like Ledger. Period. And the Batman voice..... Pfft.
  • Serpent FTW
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."