Hammer of Forging and Master Forger trait

Hi there!

I know the forging system has been changed radically, but is there any chance we could get these two things back, in some form, with some function? Many trade skills, such as butchering and inkmilling, have an artefact associated with them, some have traits. Weaponsmithing and Armorsmithing are very important and expensive but they don't. I am totally open to ideas what the trait and the hammer should do now. But it just feels weird to be on top of forging and unlike the other trade skills it has nothing like this associated.

Maybe allow up to 5 items to be made in a string like Medallion of Enchantments... or allow a modest but significant reduction of comms needed for a modifier... or a small stat boost. Kinda like what the mighty butcher cleaver or golden ink mill does for those trade skills. Especially the reduction in comms would be incredible for hammer or trait, even if it's like a 7-10% reduction.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Comments

• TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Hmm. I'm pretty sure forging in general is meant to be one of Achaea's gold sinks, thus why we can't collect forging comms any way other than the comm stores. Considering there is already a chance for a reduction in comms needed to forge something, I doubt adding further reduction would be entertained. Also, aside from leveling blacksmith, I haven't seen many people forge great numbers of the same items(anyone may correct me if I'm wrong), so having it randomly pump out multiples of the same item might add unneeded clutter. The stat boost, again, is also something gained from leveling your blacksmith and descriptor levels.

I'm not one to just simply shoot down an idea without adding something constructive. Perhaps, the hammer would allow for a single custom descriptor to be added in place of one of the other two(I'm not sure the exact extent of what is currently available at the higher levels of forging to know if there is really anything someone could want that isn't already there @Ellodin) or the ability to remove the 'bears the distinctive mark of "..target, and replace with something like an actual registered trade mark of some type (would have to be fleshed out somehow) but that would piss the jewellers and tailors off and they would want it to so it would almost need to be a general crafting trait. I don't know. I would like to see more life pumped into forging, but the very nature of it as it sits doesn't leave a lot of room for substantial improvement. 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I feel like a gathering comms tradeskill (like mining) was going to be a thing at some point, Sarapis said. Just not here yet.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Yeah, I suppose if mining comes in...it would be the skill that got the artie. Like harvesting getting the artie versus the making of the elixirs. 
  • 10/10 would spend all my disposable income. Especially for a comms skill.
  • It's probably nothing like what you're envisioning though. You could call it a gathering skill but it isn't anything like harvesting, for instance.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Will you get randomly attacked by denizens of the dark while mining, facing potential landslides that kill you almost instantaneously like those relic dig sites? 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I am definitely intrigued and interested!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Sarapis said:
    It's probably nothing like what you're envisioning though. You could call it a gathering skill but it isn't anything like harvesting, for instance.
    @Sarapis : is there any chance of us getting Master Forger or Hammer of Forging back, or is that a definite no? Thanks!
  • Skye said:
    Will you get randomly attacked by denizens of the dark while mining, facing potential landslides that kill you almost instantaneously like those relic dig sites? 
    Only if you're one of the lucky ones. The rest....ouch.

• Silvarien said:
    Sarapis said:
    It's probably nothing like what you're envisioning though. You could call it a gathering skill but it isn't anything like harvesting, for instance.
    @Sarapis : is there any chance of us getting Master Forger or Hammer of Forging back, or is that a definite no? Thanks!
    "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible." - Miley Cyrus

• Sarapis said:
    Silvarien said:
    Sarapis said:
    "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible." - Miley Cyrus

@Sarapis : I don't get it. I am sorry. :(
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    @Silvarien She came in like a wrecking ball..

• Nooo another Trade skill ima end up getting to add to my addictive collection!  J/k add more i wants all da trades.

• Titonus said:
    @Silvarien She came in like a wrecking ball..
    @Titonus : I still can't tell if @Sarapis is saying we'll get the Hammer artefact and the Master Forger trait back.

I hope I am not coming off as hopelessly dense, I am just having trouble with this one, though everyone else seems to be seeing it just fine... X_x
  • You're not dense. It was my way of not answering you. ;)
  • Sarapis said:
    You're not dense. It was my way of not answering you. ;)
    @Sarapis : oh, okay, sorry to have wasted your time. X_x I am gonna go scurry along now. X_x