Your Myers-Briggs vs Your Character's

Comments

• My results on these things tend to vary quite a bit depending on my mood when I take them, but this time around, came up with INFP for me and INTP for Eld. From the short descriptions, INTP sounds a lot more like my conception of myself than INFP (which kind of goes along with the fact that as I was answering for Eld, I felt like a lot of his answers were basically mine but more extreme), though comparing the more detailed descriptions, INFP fits where I am now pretty well. I've always kind of felt like I basically played Eld as myself, but it occurs to me that it might be more accurate to say that I play him as I've often tried to play myself (although I think less so in recent years).

I'm rather amused by the list of fictional INFPs. Frodo Baggins, Anne of Green Gables, Fox Mulder, Deanna Troi, and Wesley Crusher. 
  • I have done these a few times, either for job interviews or just curiosity. Always the same answer.

PERSONALITY: INTJ        VARIANT: ASSERTIVE         ROLE: ANALYST

Arador's is exactly the same because I am lazy when it comes to RP and even if I try to make him different, I either get bored with it or it annoys me.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    INTP Assertive Analyst.
    For both.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    So I finally did this one... I've known my type for quite awhile as I hardly get a different one when I take a test.

I'm an INFP. You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm.

Jeslyn is an ENFJ. You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your determination, intuitive skills and ability to inspire other people. 
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Bluef is ISFJ
    You are one of the Sentinels - a reliable and dedicated individual who respects traditions and prizes responsibility. You are known for your caring nature, attention to detail and quiet dedication.

Famous ISFJs:
    Queen Elizabeth II Robert E. Lee Queen Mary I 
    Note: I find the second one hilarious, given that he commanded the Confederate Army in the US Civil War and...well Bluef was head of the Curia forevah.

Mine is INFJ
    You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your deep thoughts, strong will and intuitive skills. .

Famous INFJs:
    Martin Luther King Nelson Mandela Mother Teresa Goethe

• I just did Juk's.

INTJ
    Variant: Assertive
    Role: Analyst

It's lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population - it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

@Valentinus @Pathers and whoever else
    Reflect Jukilian? y/n?
  • ValentinusValentinus Los Angeles, CA
    Jukilian said:
    I just did Juk's.

INTJ
    Variant: Assertive
    Role: Analyst

It's lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population - it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

@Valentinus @Pathers and whoever else
    Reflect Jukilian? y/n?
    Probably why they get along so well ICly.

I take commissions.
  • XerXer Langley
    This is for myself.

PERSONALITY: ENFP VARIANT: ASSERTIVE ROLE: DIPLOMAT

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

And this is for Xer.

PERSONALITY: ISTP VARIANT: ASSERTIVE ROLE: EXPLORER

You are one of the Explorers - a bold and freedom-loving individual who enjoys pushing the limits and exploring the unknown. You are known for your quiet nature, technical skills and ability to improvise. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I got the same result for me and Draqoom:

Personality:
    INTJ
    Variant:
    Assertive
    Role:
    Analyst

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and impressive knowledge.

• Incidentally, I got ENFP. Which illustrates the above point pretty well because the last few times I took a MBTI test I got INTJ.

Tael has been shelved at the moment, but as the most developed character I've played, I tried it for him too: ENTP.
  • edited November 2014
    Never have I seen so many INFJs in one place. It's probably a curse of playing too much Achaea. No one understands you, but you understand everyone else.

I've roleplayed Antreus so much that it really is line bluring at this point. It could be said that I didn't have a personality before Antreus, before him I just mimicked people.

INFJ personally, but Antreus has kinda forced me to pick up some INTJ. This character gets odder and odder the longer I play him and becomes frisson with some wild, frenetic energy that I can't comprehend. Unicorn.

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Hey, girl."

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Are you an Apostate? ..because you just tore my heart out."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited November 2014
    me: 

PERSONALITY:INFP   VARIANT:ASSERTIVE  ROLE:DIPLOMAT
    You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm. 

tharvis:

PERSONALITY:ISTP   VARIANT:ASSERTIVE   ROLE:EXPLORER

You are one of the Explorers - a bold and freedom-loving individual who enjoys pushing the limits and exploring the unknown. You are known for your quiet nature, technical skills and ability to improvise. 

(that last one doesn't seem too right)

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I've taken this sort of test a few times and I'm almost always the same: ISFJ. This test said a turbulent variant and sentinel role. I readily agree. Especially the "too altruistic" weakness lately.

Arie, on the other hand, is an ISTJ with the same variant and role. Fairly accurate. I laughed when reading it because it did sound a lot like her. Especially the blunt, stubborn nature. I'm pretty sure those are two of the first things that anyone who knows her would use to describe her. And that whole bit about losing patience with indecisiveness takes me right back to Cyrenian Senate meetings.

• edited April 2015
    This is really accurate to who Adaele is!

ENFP PERSONALITY (“THE CAMPAIGNER”)

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for - and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool - for love - for your dreams - for the adventure of being alive.

Oriah Mountain Dreamer

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD WITH JUST AN IDEA

More than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected - but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.

ENFPs are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom.

Many other types are likely to find these qualities irresistible, and if they've found a cause that sparks their imagination, ENFPs will bring an energy that oftentimes thrusts them into the spotlight, held up by their peers as a leader and a guru - but this isn't always where independence-loving ENFPs want to be. Worse still if they find themselves beset by the administrative tasks and routine maintenance that can accompany a leadership position. ENFPs' self-esteem is dependent on their ability to come up with original solutions, and they need to know that they have the freedom to be innovative - they can quickly lose patience or become dejected if they get trapped in a boring role.

DON'T LOSE THAT 'LITTLE SPARK OF MADNESS'

Luckily, ENFPs know how to relax, and they are perfectly capable of switching from a passionate, driven idealist in the workplace to that imaginative and enthusiastic free spirit on the dance floor, often with a suddenness that can surprise even their closest friends. Being in the mix also gives them a chance to connect emotionally with others, giving them cherished insight into what motivates their friends and colleagues. They believe that everyone should take the time to recognize and express their feelings, and their empathy and sociability make that a natural conversation topic.

The ENFP personality type needs to be careful, however - if they rely too much on their intuition, assume or anticipate too much about a friend's motivations, they can misread the signals and frustrate plans that a more straightforward approach would have made simple. This kind of social stress is the bugbear that keeps harmony-focused Diplomats awake at night. ENFPs are very emotional and sensitive, and when they step on someone's toes, they both feel it.

ENFPs will spend a lot of time exploring social relationships, feelings and ideas before they find something that really rings true. But when they finally do find their place in the world, their imagination, empathy and courage are likely to produce incredible results.

• My RL personality is, according to this, an INTP "The Logician." Assertive variant, Analyst role. Seems fairly accurate.

Aurom, however, is ESTJ "The Executive." Assertive variant, Sentinel role.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I'm an INFP

PERSONALITY: INFP ("THE MEDIATOR")   VARIANT: TURBULENT   ROLE: DIPLOMAT

And Kyrra is apparently an ISTJ

PERSONALITY: ISTJ ("THE LOGISTICIAN")   VARIANT: TURBULENT   ROLE: SENTINEL

I find that pretty intriguing. I thought my character would be closer to my own personality, but it's surprising that she's remarkably different. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited April 2015
    My soul is INTJ, my character is INTJ. I'm not sure I have the mental capacity to play anything with E, F, or P. Especially not E.

Well, if my soul plays Achaea while drunk then Ognog might be ENTJ.

Intravert + Alcohol = Extravert :)

• This was fun to do actually. Quisse is such an extremist, and I am so much more moderate.

Me: INFP: The Mediator- INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. 

Quisse: INTJ: The Architect - It's lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population - it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

That's somewhat creepily accurate for Quisse. Cool test. Glad this was necro'd!
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    The Giver: ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They live in the world of people possibilities. More so than any other type, they have excellent people skills. They understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others. ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support, and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting, and encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this. 
  • ZarlaZarla Somewhere deep within Mhaldor...
    I've always been INFJ in those Myers-Briggs quizzes. So surprise, surprise, in this quiz I am:

PERSONALITY: INFJ "The Advocate" 

VARIANT: Turbulent

ROLE: Diplomat

My character:

PERSONALITY: ISTJ "The Logistician" 

VARIANT: Assertive

ROLE: Sentinel

This is so interesting! I appear to have difficulties shedding off that I and J. I wonder if my character will change later down the track, if I took the quiz again then.

I'm surprised by how many INFJ's there are on this forum. And happy too, because apparently we're the least common type!

• I am an INTJ:

"Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance - for themselves and others."

Kitiara is INTP:

"Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical."

I would agree with both of these!

"Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• For me the result came out as ENTP:
    The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.
    For Multon... INTP
    The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.
    Not too sure about the result for Multon, just because Multon thinks like a logician, does not mean to say that he is intelligent in any general sense. Beyond abstract thoughts and books and the like, I generally see Multon as being fairly unimpressive most of the time, hopeless at all things practical, and having somewhat sub-par social skills, generally lacking in tact and nuance.
  • Me: INFJ PERSONALITY (“THE ADVOCATE”)

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Aereidhna: ENFP PERSONALITY (“THE CAMPAIGNER”)

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

More than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected - but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.

ENFPs are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom.
  • @Aereidhna your characters profile is the same mine ig! :D
  • Okay first I apologize because I'm doing this on my phone since I can't sleep... Which means who knows what typos or formatting errors will show up.

for ME I found this really accurate:

I still remember - Blackmore's Night

INTP PERSONALITY (“THE LOGICIAN”)

Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road crossed the chicken depends on your frame of reference.
    Albert Einstein
    The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

THE UNEXAMINED LIFE IS NOT WORTH LIVING

INTPs are known for their brilliant theories and unrelenting logic - in fact, they are considered the most logically precise of all the personality types.
    They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. This makes it ironic that INTPs' word should always be taken with a grain of salt - it's not that they are dishonest, but people with the INTP personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.

This may make them appear unreliable, but in reality no one is more enthusiastic and capable of spotting a problem, drilling through the endless factors and details that encompass the issue and developing a unique and viable solution than INTPs - just don't expect punctual progress reports. People who share the INTP personality type aren't interested in practical, day-to-day activities and maintenance, but when they find an environment where their creative genius and potential can be expressed, there is no limit to the time and energy INTPs will expend in developing an insightful and unbiased solution.

WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER

They may appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but INTPs' thought process is unceasing, and their minds buzz with ideas from the moment they wake up. This constant thinking can have the effect of making them look pensive and detached, as they are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads, but really INTPs are quite relaxed and friendly when they are with people they know, or who share their interests. However, this can be replaced by overwhelming shyness when INTP personalities are among unfamiliar faces, and friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized.

When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea. Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it's ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms.

The reverse can also be true when people explain their thought processes to INTPs in terms of subjectivity and feeling. Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork, taking in every fact and idea possible, processing them with a heavy dose of creative reasoning and returning the most logically sound results available - this is how the INTP mind works, and this type has little tolerance for an emotional monkey-wrench jamming their machines.

LET THOSE WHO WOULD MOVE THE WORLD FIRST MOVE THEMSELVES

Further, with Thinking (T) as one of their governing traits, INTPs are unlikely to understand emotional complaints at all, and their friends won't find a bedrock of emotional support in them. People with the INTP personality type would much rather make a series of logical suggestions for how to resolve the underlying issue, a perspective that is not always welcomed by their Feeling (F) companions. This will likely extend to most social conventions and goals as well, like planning dinners and getting married, as INTPs are far more concerned with originality and efficient results.

The one thing that really holds INTPs back is their restless and pervasive fear of failure. INTP personalities are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they've missed some critical piece of the puzzle, that they can stagnate, lost in an intangible world where their thoughts are never truly applied. Overcoming this self-doubt stands as the greatest challenge INTPs are likely to face, but the intellectual gifts - big and small - bestowed on the world when they do makes it worth the fight.

For Shimi... Eh. One of the big things they push is the "morality" of her stance. But I RP her having a very grey moral compass. She doesn't lie because it's too much bother. She has no real compulsions against theft, and not a lot against murder. The only truly correct thing I felt they got was the E and J. She is very much an extrovert and she is incredibly judgemental.

ESTJ PERSONALITY (“THE EXECUTIVE”)

Good order is the foundation of all things.
    Edmund Burke
    ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

ANYONE WORTH THEIR SALT STICKS UP FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IS RIGHT...

Demand for such leadership is high in democratic societies, and forming no less than 11% of the population, it's no wonder that many of America's presidents have been ESTJs. Strong believers in the rule of law and authority that must be earned, ESTJ personalities lead by example, demonstrating dedication and purposeful honesty, and an utter rejection of laziness and cheating, especially in work. If anyone declares hard, manual work to be an excellent way to build character, it is ESTJs.

ESTJs are aware of their surroundings and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts - the surety of their knowledge means that even against heavy resistance, they stick to their principles and push an unclouded vision of what is and is not acceptable. Their opinions aren't just empty talk either, as ESTJs are more than willing to dive into the most challenging projects, improving action plans and sorting details along the way, making even the most complicated tasks seem easy and approachable.

However, ESTJs don't work alone, and they expect their reliability and work ethic to be reciprocated - people with this personality type meet their promises, and if partners or subordinates jeopardize them through incompetence or laziness, or worse still, dishonesty, they do not hesitate to show their wrath. This can earn them a reputation for inflexibility, a trait shared by all Sentinels (SJ), but it's not because ESTJs are arbitrarily stubborn, but because they truly believe that these values are what make society work.

...BUT STILL BETTER ARE THOSE WHO ACKNOWLEDGE WHEN THEY ARE IN ERROR.

ESTJs are classic images of the model citizen: they help their neighbors, uphold the law, and try to make sure that everyone participates in the communities and organizations they hold so dear.
    The main challenge for ESTJs is to recognize that not everyone follows the same path or contributes in the same way. A true leader recognizes the strength of the individual, as well as that of the group, and helps bring those individuals' ideas to the table. That way, ESTJs really do have all the facts, and are able to lead the charge in directions that work for everyone.
  • Mine:

PERSONALITY: ISFP ("THE ADVENTURER")

VARIANT: TURBULENT

ROLE: EXPLORER

http://www.16personalities.com/isfp-personality

Makaela:

PERSONALITY: ESTJ ("THE EXECUTIVE")

VARIANT: ASSERTIVE

ROLE: SENTINEL

http://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality

• Me and Trilliana:
    YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
    ADVOCATE (INFJ-T)
    http://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality
    meh

• Makaela said:
    Mine:

PERSONALITY: ISFP ("THE ADVENTURER")

VARIANT: TURBULENT

ROLE: EXPLORER

http://www.16personalities.com/isfp-personality

Makaela:

PERSONALITY: ESTJ ("THE EXECUTIVE")

VARIANT: ASSERTIVE

ROLE: SENTINEL

http://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality

Iiiinteresting! I wonder if this bodes ill or well for Shimi and @Makaela in future interactions. Having scored similar (matching) personality types I wonder if it would lead them to get along, or if they'll end up disliking one another due to being alike... I can't wait to find out!  Planning on gettin back in touch with you about the Truths later if nothing else!
  • We will just have to rp and find out.