Add Proper as a Tincture option in Heraldry

I am unsure as to why this does not already exist.  For those of who who do not know Proper is the term used in heraldry to signify a charge that is colored as it is found in nature. 

This would allow for a naturally colored Raven, or other charge to be placed over any color, fur or metal without breaking the rules of Heraldry. It also open up more realistic options in design choice to heralds and their customers.   I mean a gold bird of any kind could be argued as representing another bird.

Of course I have no idea how hard/easy this would be to code in.  So if this is not an easy thing to add might not be worth it as I am unsure of how many would jump at the chance to use it.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Ok sooo... 56 views, 7 likes/awesomes.  Not sure if this means people want this added or not.  Please leave your opinion this way I know if I should IDEA it in game or not. Please and thank you :)

If you like state why if not please state why.

• TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Heraldry is a pretty expensive hobby. It doesn't tend to sell itself except to a rather select group of folks, most of which already have their arms. That being said, I think heraldry is lacking quite a few option that would flesh out this particular aspect of the game, proper being one of them. I would agree to this change.

• Just an example of what this could look like.

• A bit late to the party, but; there are some coats of arms where  charges are left without any tincture, e.g.

Jack          Sable, a phoenix inverted and a runeblade Argent

Dello         Azure, on a base rayonny Argent, a stormcloud pierced by a runeblade and a falcon displayed Or

Batang        Vert, a chevron embattled Or between a pair of wolves combatant in chief and a rose sinister base Argent
    I'm guessing this is done by setting said charge's tincture to "1: no tincture". I haven't tried it myself, so for all I know it's no longer possible or only possible for certain charges, but I've always assumed it means the charge is its "normal" colour.

Just in case I'm right, it still wouldn't hurt to put in a bit of clarification, such as changing "no tincture" to "proper" in HE REF TINCTURE and maybe a clarification in HELP 60.3. Slink certainly wouldn't be sporting a flat sanguine-coloured fox on his coat of arms if I had noticed this in time.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Just don't put a tincture on on the charge. argument ito do it is "no".
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.