Bus-sized Blunders

What's the biggest, clumsiest, most suspension-of-disbelief busting mistake you have ever unintentionally made role-playing in Achaea?

Recently, I was sitting there RPing up a storm: witty comments, esoteric knowledge, casual sharp jests, standard blademaster sword-worshipping BS; the works. All in consistent character.
Then I had a friend of mine nudge me and told me that my carapace was especially note-worthy today.
Obviously this caused a small shock, seeing as I'm a Rajamala. One "L ME" later and I felt incredibly dumb.

Not to long ago I hit level 30 and decided it was time to actually, finally complete the cultist/beast task, and then afterwards finally got the task to describe yourself, despite me already having a pretty decent, detailed description already.
So for the sake of completionism I just opened up my .txt file containing all of character notes along with descriptions, etc. and quickly "CTRL+C, CTRL+V"ed the same description I already had.

Except it wasn't the description I already had.
It was the description from a Horkval Character that I had deleted a nearly year ago.
Upon realizing this I swiftly crawled into a hole far, far away and commit BLADESUICIDE out of shame. Then set my description back to what it was.

We decided to mark it off as a freak reincarnation incident that was swiftly rectified by dying, and not worth remembering or mentioning. Ever.

Comments

• I have a gem of transmutation, so this happens more often than I'd like:

I've reincarnated from rajamala to other races and left my raja desc on, which has resulted in "She is a beautiful siren who enjoys life on all fours. (yadda yadda fur yadda tail yadda)"

It's been pointed out to me. One person said they thought that was my real siren description. I really should make a trigger to change desc on reincarnate or something, but describe is sooooooooooooooooo spammy.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Kez tried gagging the "you change your description" line? Could even replace it with a simple echo that captures the race name and just goes :  "You change your description to that of your " ..matches[whatever].. " form."
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Gagging something that size causes hiccups with my client. It wouldn't be as bad as seeing the 2 pages scroll by, but still annoying enough to be a deterrent.
  • Was on another game, but IC I was a very cordial, quiet character, and then this world message showed up I hadn't seen before. I was going to talk on a clan channel, "What the fuck was that?"

(City) You say, "What the fuck was that?"

gg

qq
  • Written as the player.

Once upon a time, in a garden far, far away, Natliya was performing one of her piano compositions. 
    Fun fact; long ago, I used an alias to activate each different composition/dance I had made.

Also fun fact; I no longer do so.

It's kinda awkward, explaining to a friend how you danced through the air with a piano you were about to play... ...Much less an entire gathering.

Thankfully, my first time in a MUD RPG has been mercifully filled with me not bringing many anachronisms in.
    Still. Dat piano.

As it turned out, no one noticed anyways, because (sadly) who even reads art in game at all? 
    It is a sorry state when people can't even bother reading a little to realize I'm dancing- not playing the piano. They'll nod, and smile, and say "wonderful music"...

-The Lonesome Willow,
                                               Natliya Cain
    I don't like long goodbyes.
  • Hmm... if I walk near Targossas I could try killing some of their Eidolons... I can always just stop walking before I get there... easy right? One lag spike later, and I am a smear on the Champion's Bridge...

Okay, poor decision. I'll just go back to bashing for a while to make sure I don't lose a level... Hmm, no Goblins, so I guess I'll just go to Moghedu, as long as I avoid the knights...

Bugger... Okay, it's only one level down, if I'm careful this time I can make it up pretty quickly, it's not like the exact thing will happen agai-

Damn it... I hate my internet...
  • ^ Oh, I totally had a moment like that the other day. Was trying to do emote that incorporated an actual mechanical action... and I forgot that you're supposed to start off with the action instead of EMOTE...

*stares at blunder*

BLADESUICIDE