Make Mudlet like HTML5?

Hello. Im just getting started in Mudlet and I have a few questions.

1) I would like to set up Mudlet to look and act Similar to HTML5. Meaning I would like my map on the bottom left. Room and object information on the top left. A chat-box on the bottom right. And whatever you call the box on the top left that displays skills, Quests ect. Is there a way to do this? If so how would you recommend doing it.

2) I would like to have a personal picture in the background (Though not where game text would be.) Is this possible, if so, how?

3) Is it also possible to save multiple different settings depending on the character. I want to create and alternative Paladin in the future and would like to quickly load different settings depending on the charecter. Is this possible, if so, how?

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2015
    1. Yes, using Geyser windows

2. Yes, using Geyser windows

3. Yes. You should create a separate profile for each character - each profile has its own settings.

It's quite a lot of work to set it all up, but when you've done it, it's quite satisfying.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I have just begun using Mudlet. Is there anything I should look into to learn how to use it, before I get into Geyser?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    The links above take you to the Wiki for Mudlet, that's as good a place as any to start

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Thanks Klendathu. I have successfully started using Mudlet. Ive got the Mapper up and working and all my triggers and aliases working the way I want them to. Now I wish I had more guidance on how to make it look more like HTML5. Im going to start looking into Geyser tonight, Any other tips you can give me. Like how to set up a chat-box? Health bars? Thats not covered in the basics. 
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Klendathu said:

3. Yes. You should create a separate profile for each character - each profile has its own settings.
    Honestly,  I slightly disagree with this.  I run the same settings on every single character profile that I have(this doesn't include svo or wys, which are too character specific).  I manually save a package(using package exporter) and move it between mudlet profiles before I change characters (it's a pain,  but better than having to write six triggers that are identical for all of your characters.  I use gmcp to enable/disable class specific things on login. Changing class for Austere requires me to fire a script to decide what needs enabled(I got tired of writing shaman aliases every time I decide to pay with dolls)