Rivalry between Friends, Family, Lovers

With how rather lax Thoth is at his Job and Domain, I think It's perfectly sane or understandable for some of those who are friends through shedding blood together to want to occasionally have a sparring match outside of the Arena. Maybe casually jump out of the trees and trip and impale them to mock their lack of Awareness of their surroundings. You know, THOSE kind of friends.
Beloved would make this kind of relationship absolutely wonderful since it means you can track them down.

And it makes even more sense in the case of Blademasters.
Remember that time the Blonde Siren Blademaster hit her Mhun mentor with Deathstrike because he was testing her preparedness?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NL7nLSSSWjw

So the question here is: Are you able to Rival people such as your friends, mentor, family, and lovers in the traditional sense of rivalry we see in Pokemon?
Or is this just exclusive to people who you vehemently hate? as some of the Help files imply.

Best Answers

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Accepted Answer
    I used to rival Florentino, back when I was in Eleusis. We didn't take too much advantage of it and just jumped each other occasionally and bothered each other often. It was fun! Of course, it was removed since going to Mhaldor.

Since it does make you open PK to the person I'd be iffy on using it on anyone I didn't trust OOCly (because lets face it, I am not the best combatant), but definitely wouldn't mind using the system more as appropriate. Probably the only person who comes directly to mind right now would be Tahquil.

Maybe more in the future. But considering how sides can change, I don't think using the rival system is limited in any way!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby

Answers

• It's mostly an OOC mechanic, you can use it for whatever you want.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    You have formally acknowledged the following rivals:
    Deacon Aodfionn Wintermourne, Sentinel of the Ivor
    See RIVALS R[EQUESTS] to see outstanding requests to or from you.

Interviewing for more rivals.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Sena said:
    It's mostly an OOC mechanic, you can use it for whatever you want.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    You have formally acknowledged the following rivals:
    Sir Ariye Alinoe Rian, Hammer of Phaestus
    Dji "Jim" Danials the Rat Catcher
    Sir Antonius Agarwaen, Inquisitor of Heretics
    Latus
    Manu
    Dominatus Mirko de Soulis
    Keriko Fauscht Tav'Elaon, The Rua Koha
    Lukan 'Lucky' Vastel, the Professional

well, now -I'm- sad.