Sylvance said:
    More Like @Peak Than @Peak

• Hammer of Forging 
    • Prospero's Lesser Vault 
    • Horn of Plenty 
    • Aldar Talisman

$0.295 x 1850 = $545.75
    $545.75 x 0.65 = $354.74
    I only have the Hammer out of all of this.
    @Peak - Fixed it <3
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • What do I need a talisman for? D: feel free to buy me a vault though
  • The Gambler
    -------------------------
    Pair of ivory dice
    Cigar box
    Drinking horn (Whiskey)
  • Peak said:
    What do I need a talisman for? D: feel free to buy me a vault though
    Hammer makes you pwn stats.
    Vault means you don't need to leave the forge to get materials
    Horn means you don't need to leave the forge to eat
    Talisman means you recover eq faster so can forget more rapiers per hour
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    Peak said:
    I thought forging uses balance?
  • I'm a whole new level of forger; I forge with my mind.

Step up to my game, @Trey.
  • Arlanda said:
    Sylvance said:
    Peak said:
    I thought forging uses balance?
    Yes, but forgetting takes eq.
  • I'm glad I did a search and found this thread. I was going to make a mention of how the "Credit Packages" for Imperian seem so much better and thorough, than in Achaea.  This is the same company, so there should be some communication between to the two to sync up a little bit.

Like, I'd pay $25 for a perma tattoo (tattoo token from Imperian), but there'd be hell on earth before I bought a 400 credit perma tattoo from Achaea. There are bow/quiver packages and all around better packages. There are almost none I'm really interested in for Achaea, and thus won't make a purchase.

My non-artifactness also has to look up each one to see what it does, where some other IRE games give a brief description. I know, silly..but just another improvement idea.

(This can count as me complaining, because apparently that's all I do--this was told to me on numerous occasions)
  • I tried to get the perma tattoos reduced to a price that would make it worth the investment last classleads (or was it the one before? Idk). Alas, no go.
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Indeed, there are no tattoos worth it at the current price. Maybe a package of 3 tattoos for the same price as 400cr?
  • Yeah. It's kind of crazy that Aetolia has their perma tattoos for 100cr and give them out like free candy during events (well, the one event I was there for anyway) and they are 400cr in Achaea.

They aren't even a big deal :/ If your goal is to run someone out of ~40 tree uses or ~60 shield uses before you kill them, well...

• Aetolia gives everything away like candy from what I hear.
    But the tattoos are a luxury only. Not worth the investment, especially when you can get boar/moon/megalith/ox effects with cheaper arties. Transing Tattoos and Inkmilling makes artie tats obsolete. Just ink yourself two shields/cloaks/trees and you can get through a session of combat without a problem.

Crystal and Starburst tattoos may not be made permanent.

Let's try Tree tattoo, each of which costs 800gp in inks. And with 75 touches per, the cost is about 10 gold per activation.
    So if you touch tree 208,000 times, you come out on top. So if you fight outside the arena, and touch tree 15 times per fight, it's a positive investment after about 14,000 duels. That's probably the highest use after shield, which only costs 200gp in inks.

So I don't know who is buying them at 400cr, but I don't imagine it's many. Lower it to 250 or 300 and we'd probably see at least one new tat per RL month on average.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • If they lowered it to 100cr like the other games you would have people purchasing multiple of them, instead of like two people purchasing one each.

You could also charge different costs for different tattoos. Ox/megalith/tree could be higher since they are actually useful, etc.

• I agree that artie tattoos are too expensive, but reducing their usefulness to how long it would take for them to "pay off" doesn't quite cover their benefits. A permanent tree or shield isn't good to save you money, but allows you to use them very liberally without having to worry about them ever fading in mid-combat.
  • Xith said:

Just ink yourself two shields/cloaks/trees and you can get through a session of combat without a problem.

Takes extra prep, but won't go through 150 of any of those in one fight.
  • Yeah. I have two trees for that reason. But I tend to run out of tattoo spots even with trans inkmilling and tattoos.
  • @Tecton Any chance any more packages will be added this month?
  • Delightful
  • I would definitely get a few perma tattoos just for convenience if they were 100-150 credits each... no way in hell for 400.

Would love to see another 30% off sale, rather than packages that of course aren't going to suit everyone.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Yes, I'd love to see another 30% sale on artefacts. Any possibility of that around the holidays, @Tecton?
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Unfortunately, we're not running another artefact sale promotion until well into 2013!
  • Nuts! No problem, though. Thanks for letting us know!
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
    Daeir said:
    Please put a pack with eagle's wings up somewhen, @Tecton! I'm dying for a chance at a pair.
    There is one, Hunter's Delight.
  • So, when these additional packages are added, do we get an announce news for it?
  • I would assume yes. Now we all hold on to our money and wait
  • Would love to see a package with Diadem in it. Maybe Diadem with a SoA, collar, or sash.
  • Should call it "I want to grow up to be like Cain".
    One of my packages got approved! (Brute Force -> So Ogrepowered)