Noradzeer Ratting Techniques

So I have only 225 days, (possibly only 110 because I'm curious if these shops aren't ACTUALLY selling me half-decayed stasis scabbards for 2500 despite advertisement as such; I haven't noticed my BM sword slowing decay at all over the last week) to get 1.5 MILLION gold worth of Credits in order to band CONQUERING SPIRIT so that it becomes non-decay.

As I don't really have many means of money on me, I've pretty much resorted to ratting Ad Infinium, only allowing myself to actually bash for the sake of levels or actually enjoy the game interacting with other players after reaching my ratting quota of a NET 7,300 an Achaean Month/RL Day. I haven't bought refills, or even vials to replace the ones that decayed, because money is so tight.
As of right now, That's about 2 to 3+ hours a day doing nothing but feeding rats to Liirup.  And that STILL won't be enough if these sheathes aren't actually stasis-ed. That's severely cutting into my ability to hit on this really cute Horkval while he's in the realms, and I don't want him to think I'm not interested or that I'm avoiding him.

TMI aside, I'm trying to get my Ratting efficiency up in any way up that's legal; so I can have more time for romance and real bashing that will hopefully open up a better income option to me.

Which city has the best layout sewers? Which city has the SAFEST sewers? (E.g. So far I've stuck to Hashan because Thugs never enter the West-side of the sewers.) How long should I wait before moving to the next room when no rats are showing? Is there anything I can do on the Client-side to help (Obviously nothing involving triggers or automation, I mean like Gold and Body counters)
Really, Any and all tips and help would be appreciated, even if it's on more effective income approaches than ratting.
Except Questing, screw that, I'm terrible at it. Manara alone gives me a skull-ache with all of it's named NPCs and crying slaves that respond to nothing logical.
At this point I'd be willing to let people break my legs for money.

Comments

• Skip killing rats, focus on using that time to gain levels. Will earn more money from drops than you would with the rats.
  • On city streets there will be 3 rats a day that will appear in one room while in the sewers each room will have 5 rats that will appear. I personally when I was doing this would what 10-15 secs in a room before moving on.

You could takes you horkvali friend on a ratting date, or even a fishing date. I find fishing to be easier to make money as you socialize. What client do you run so we can hook you up with some scripts.
  • I agree with Darktalon, in general, the higher level you are - the better areas you can bash in. Better areas = better gold drops. Not to mention some places have quests where you can turn in the mobs for gold.

On that same note, quests can be very rewarding as well, ask your house/city/whatever/whoever for help on that! 

But Tahquil's right about fishing + interaction. It's just that fishing can be kinda slow without high survival is all. But it's a way to do something that will give you gold while you flirt with Hot Horkie Guy. ;)

Make sure you ask if anyone's selling discounted freshwater bait first, a lot of people get loads of it for free and will either sell it dirt cheap or just GIVE it to you for free. :) 
  • Oh! Also you get like 5 bound credits when you pass certain level thresholds. -nose-
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I think questing/hunting is the better option, but if you're stuck with ratting for a reason... then you can also go ratting in the subdivision of any city you're allowed in.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I have massaged you two very useful links, Put good use of them.
  • You're big enough to find out yourself :wink: 
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    edited March 2015
    Messages aside...

If you absolutely must rat, typical subdivisions are prime ratting places, and often you'll find a spare gold or two, but watch for random portals to you!
  • I agree, dedicated questing may loot you a lot more gold (and still gain XP) than hunting though; it all depends on your level and the areas you may be bashing. 

Do BM blades decay in stockrooms? If so, and push came to shove, you could potentially throw it in someon's and then continue questing for the remaining gold for nondecay credits.
  • Learning a few gold quests will be a lot better than ratting. With the quests on Ulangi and Mysia for example, your quota of 7300/day can be reached in 5-10 minutes (assuming someone else doesn't beat you to the quests) and they can be done around 3 times per hour. That will also get you more experience than ratting, which will get you bound credits and easier hunting/questing.
  • Your House and City also offer Creditsales (or is supposed to...), which will save you much money.
  • Orzaansyn said:
    Your House and City also offer Creditsales (or is supposed to...), which will save you much money.
    Bolded is incorrect, but your point stands anyway. I probably wouldn't stay in an organisation that didn't give at least a -little- back to its members.

• Tahquil said:
    Oh! Also you get like 5 bound credits when you pass certain level thresholds. -nose-
    Its actually much, much more than this now.

Level         Bound Credits
    -----         -------------
      7                5
     10                6
     15                7
     20                8

Continuing on up every 5 levels to level 95 for 23 bound credits, then jumping
    by two at level 100 for 25 bound credits.

By level 80, which they should be able to reach by normal bashing likely before they make their first 100k ratting, they should have received 200 bound credits just from leveling.