Ye Olde History: Nishnatoba, the Worldreaver, Rajamala, Horkval

I'm sure these events are much, much too old for the average player and especially of characters twice Jakarana's age or younger. But as a Blademaster, she's a bit of a History buff with a stereotypical ancestor obsession.
However, I'm just curious of the history/lore behind all of this and recent even, and the implications that I could or should have on roleplay.

To be quite frank with OOC/IRL information, I played all the way back when Shallam was still standing and I took a break as I was getting into college, found it rougher than I was expecting, didn't come back for a while and forgot my details. The whole shebang.
I come back and suddenly Shallam is underwater, Gods are dead, Gods that have vanished have shown up again, Ashtan is significantly more sane (It's amazing how peace-time cultural change and degradation is actually mirroring real life), and -Gods forbid- the CIJ is actually funny now. Everything is flip-turned up-side down.

So let me get this right, over the course of 3 years, this Worldreaver fellow was a general pain the buttocks, wrecked Shallam, killed a few gods, and got beaten down.
I get that, simple enough. Even simpler than you'd expect, considering that me and my friend just pretend our fates were decided and Maya/Thoth took us when Shallam fell.
But the God(s) being slain are kind of a bigger issue for me and could actually affect me NOW, as the main god that I know of that was slain is the god that created the Rajamala, Agatheis.
What does this imply for Rajamala? Do some of the older Rajamala feel some empty void and sense of loss that the younger ones cannot feel?

In addition, I never did look up or dig into the nature/events of Nishnatoba and the War of Humanity.
The only other race that has the same kind of God-Race relationship like Rajamala, are Horkval. Namely being commanded by a god for the sake of battle on Nishnatoba.
And while Dwarves and Elves TSOL'AA (Please don't hurt me @Sarapis) are also stated in their logs to be made by gods, they don't share the same Nishnatoba and War of Humanity trend.

Were the Gods/Races of Horkval and Rajamala allies, enemies, or neutral to eachother? Does this cause any racial tension or admiration?
How common is this knowledge and what kind of characters would know this? This could have some serious consequences on some of my current standing relationships in game and I'd like to know now if I'm doing something "wrong" for lack of a better word.

Comments

• http://www.achaea.com/the-gods-march-to-war

That one specifically talks about which races were on what side. (I'm too tired to really delve into details)
    meh

• edited March 2015
    Derp. I have no clue what I'm talking about. I'm sleep deprived and apparently can't judge the meaning of the word "With"
    Whether that means fought along side, or actually fought against, I keep seeing the phrase "fought with" being used in context where both would make sense.

And In all technically I know neither the Rajamala or Horkval weren't MADE by their "Patron" Gods, just commanded by them on Nishnatoba. But the question still more or less stands.
  • Trilliana said:
    http://www.achaea.com/the-gods-march-to-war

That one specifically talks about which races were on what side. (I'm too tired to really delve into details)

Yeah I glossed over that, and it's still got the same "With" problems, and flanking meaning either defensive or offensive flanking.
    But the other sources I'm reading are saying that Rajamala were commanded by Agatheis, who was of the Triumvirate and is now dead because of the Worldreaver
    And Horkval were commanded by Aegis, who punched the Triumvirate pretty hard. I can only assume the two shed blood against each other.

But this is Mythological times, and racism in Achaea is on the down-low compared to classism (both the original and literal meanings)
    But it still has me curious, if anyone pays any salt to this, or treats this relationship the two races have differently.

Also, dear lord. I did the math and It's been 3 whole years. Is there anything else this severe that I need to know?
    Like where did the CIJ get their jokes?
  • All of the Mythos and the rest of the stuff at achaea.com/history is common knowledge, things that it wouldn't be surprising for children to know the basics of. It's easy to imagine even the poorest farmers with no education telling stories of Lucaine to their kids, for example.

Agatheis (who brought the Rajamala) and Aegis (who brought the Horkval) were on opposite sides of the war. It rarely has any effect on relations between the races in modern times; it's little more than a story to most people.

The death of Agatheis doesn't hold any special meaning (no more than any other god dying) for most Rajamala, unless they actually followed Agatheis (though some did follow him specifically because they saw him as the god of the Rajamala).
  • Sena said:
    All of the Mythos and the rest of the stuff at achaea.com/history is common knowledge, things that it wouldn't be surprising for children to know the basics of. It's easy to imagine even the poorest farmers with no education telling stories of Lucaine to their kids, for example.

Agatheis (who brought the Rajamala) and Aegis (who brought the Horkval) were on opposite sides of the war. It rarely has any effect on relations between the races in modern times; it's little more than a story to most people.

The death of Agatheis doesn't hold any special meaning (no more than any other god dying) for most Rajamala, unless they actually followed Agatheis (though some did follow him specifically because they saw him as the god of the Rajamala).
    Thanks, I guess that handles just about everything I was asking.
    This thread might have been better as a question instead, but oh well.
    I'm sure if someone is still interested they could keep this thread rolling by talking about how they like to have their character view the situation, or how they act based on this.

I'm trying to refine my character a little bit, and was trying to consider all of the bases.
    Especially the part where I've recently found myself falling in love with a Shallamese Horkval Blademaster. Having a real hard time keeping that only IC.

I guess that because I have no clan or house because of the intent in having no obligation to higher powers, she can kinda view that as a good thing.
    Like thinking Agatheis was the God of Rajamala, but him dying before she was born meant that she was born "Free"
    And then going crazy over a Horkval with a sort of "Screw you, Dad" attitude. Or whatever the 30 year old equivalent of that is called.
    And getting really really upset she lost his flowers getting shanked in the sewer, and not because she got shanked.
  • edited March 2015
    Rajamalans certainly have a history on their own planet before they were summoned to Nishnatoba by Agatheis, heck, they may have even had their own gods. Agatheis did have a connection to the Rajamalans in general but not one so strong that they would be deeply affected by his loss. I imagine the reason for fighting for him willingly is because one, that's one hell of a buffet, and two, killing is fun. The only established connection, that I'm aware of, is just that he brought them here - the rest is due to Rajamalans' personal feelings and beliefs.

Oh yeah, and I think Agatheis' hold over us ended when he got turned into a unicorn after he lost, lol
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited April 2015
    Nicaara said:

Oh yeah, and I think Agatheis' hold over us ended when he got turned into a unicorn after he lost, lol
    lol

Yeah, I recommend starting by reading the Mythos through a few times if you haven't. It's an epic story, and really well-written.

After that, maybe take a few hours and search through events news here and there. Just read. It only has stuff after 250 AF (and the game started in like 172), but, but I think you'll be surprised at the wealth of history you come across. It really sheds light on why certain things are the way they are, and why certain things happened later. 

A casual search for 'rajamala', for example, turns up events news #271, which infers a few things about the post-war history of the race.

To my knowledge, here's very little canon actually publically written about rajamala, which is unfortunate, but racial history is probably something admin plans at fleshing out more at some point or another.

edit: for the Bal'met stuff, start with events #383 and just keep going for 100 or so posts (sorry)

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Some groups play the association with the race through. The nihilists don't allow preorder members in the trial to talk to rajas. As to just blatant racism, some characters do it. Jinsun considers mhun to be beneath him and will often say as much sometimes. He feels similarly about trolls but that's more of a classist thing based on intelligence.
  • SarienoSarieno Spokane, WA
    Jakarana said:

To be quite frank with OOC/IRL information, I played all the way back when Shallam was still standing and I took a break as I was getting into college, found it rougher than I was expecting, didn't come back for a while and forgot my details. The whole shebang.
    I come back and suddenly Shallam is underwater, Gods are dead, Gods that have vanished have shown up again, Ashtan is significantly more sane (It's amazing how peace-time cultural change and degradation is actually mirroring real life), and -Gods forbid- the CIJ is actually funny now. Everything is flip-turned up-side down.

Ashtan seems to be more roleplay heavy these days. I remember back in the day, Ashtan's CT was a horrible, horrible OOC thing, at least for the few novices I had floating around the city. Shallam sinking needed to be done (it used to be a real pit, now it's a real dive, hurr hurr). I've seen more quality out of Targossas since Shallam sank then I did out of Shallam the whole time I've been playing.

Jesters still aren't funny. Small portions of the CIJ are, but I've always found Jesters who 'act like a fool' rather than offering genuine humour to be garbage.

twitter - @spacemanreno
  • Sarieno said:

Jesters still aren't funny. Small portions of the CIJ are, but I've always found Jesters who 'act like a fool' rather than offering genuine humour to be garbage.

Humor is based off of the player, not the class. I've had several people say that Dortheron should of been a Jester when he's a Monk; I just like telling jokes. I've met plenty of Jesters (CIJ and not) that I would have liked to stuffed their unfunny mouths full of rancid gym socks just to shut them up.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!