best raiding/group classes march 2015

What would be your top 3 and why?

Comments

• 1) Monk
    2) Occultist
    3) Runewarden

Range, affs, hinder, synergy, zone control.
  • Sylvan is god mode in forests. If not in forests, then I'd put it below other classes.

Otherwise, I think the best group classes are infernal, paladin, runewarden, apostate, priest, and occultist. But I have difficult choosing three, or ranking them in a particular order.

Magi is easily an outcome-changing class, as well, with retardation. But that's all it has going for it, and no one really wants to -be- the magi.

• Definitely not Sentinel. A few other sentinels and I are still trying to figure it out. But, nothing great so far.
  • Sentinel has pretty wicked good potential because of it's large number of abilities and different tricks it can pull off.

Traps for utility is still great as well.
  • My favorite raid companion would be an occultist though. LoS aeon/warp. Tentacles. Aeon and the quick kill potential with affs makes it a very versatile and deadly class in any team fight. I always try to focus them down first.

Have not had many experiences fighting priests yet, but looking at their abilities, utility and potential they certainly look terrifying.
  • edited March 2015
    Occultists are really strong in group/solo combat. I'd say Runewarden is pretty effective at preventing group rushes without some form of counter-measure. Jesters for LoS bombs, hanged man and aeon. Sentinel traps and telepathy are really strong too.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Occultists are really strong in group/solo combat. I'd say Runewarden is pretty effective at preventing group rushes without some form of counter-measure. Jesters for LoS bombs, hanged man and aeon. Sentinel traps and telepathy are really strong too.
    Is LoS "Line of Sight"?
  • edited March 2015
    indeed

bombs are adjacent anyway, not line of sight
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2015
    Rangor said:
    My favorite raid companion would be an occultist though. LoS aeon/warp. Tentacles. Aeon and the quick kill potential with affs makes it a very versatile and deadly class in any team fight. I always try to focus them down first.

Have not had many experiences fighting priests yet, but looking at their abilities, utility and potential they certainly look terrifying.
    Aeon can't be used LoS anymore (I think maybe it's just hangedman that can't)

Priest is scary as hell if done correctly. but honestly done correctly has so many different variables you'd likely need to be a super boss to do it.

---
    Different situations make different classes better, imo.

Knights can do afflictions, damage, cleave, and some hindering. Runewardens get totems though.

Serpent with backstab from phase can easily hit the totem holder and then earring/travel to them makes a huge wtf just happened moment. Also snipes are high damage and I think we've all seen what Mhaldor alone can do with 5 lupines at one time. completely destroys people. but they do somewhat lack in melee combat.

Occultists afflictions,chaos rays,hangedman,lust,priestess,fool,tentacles, High damage abilities.

Apostate has instant kill,impatience,afflictions,beckon,soulspear gravehands pretty good set of raiding skills.

Priest has Instant kill,affliction clearing,Hands,Decent damage if artied,afflictions,Beckon and rites, (piety,healing,demons,cleansing,revit being the top 5 imo) can also deliver others to saftey and can res as soon as someone dies in theory.

Monks have ranged attacks,impatience,bbt,strong combos.

Blademaster has amazing mitigation,Balanceslash,Impale,can drain mana quickly or keep someone prone forever.. and if no ones impaling Voidfist with affliction classes is basically game over, and can actually put out high damage.

Jester, Hangedman,lust,priestess,fool,good mitigation,arrow catch,bombs

Alchemist does stuff not sure if it's useful or not.

Bard, would be extremely good if it didn't always die first

Shaman has amazing afflictions. 

Magi droppin retard. also extremely high damage.

Forestal classes not sure. but from the speed I saw on handaxes seems like Sentinel could do easy locks. and if you drop below 50% life they get that instant kill.

But depending on who is in your group, what artifacts you have, and the size of the groups completely change which class is good at what.

Like Runewarden is amazing to have in a group if no other runewardens are around if someone else is proping then Runewardens main function is gone. Same with Paladin and rites. or blademaster and impale.

Would totally vote serpent for spot number 1 if you had 4+ of them with lupines and a dragon to break shield. if all serpents hit at the same time.. that person dies.

• Scrubs with scrub choices. Ultimate group class is dragon with a crystal tattoo and good healing prios.

No lock, 16000 health if you crystal right and for dragon blast ftw.
  • Oh. I forgot Priest.

Priest #3 after Monk and Occultist. No doubt. A Priest changes all the rules in a raid/skirmish. 
  • What? As someone who played priest twice, I feel like I'm missing something. Rites take so much prep, you can heal one aff every so often, aura's just a stronger reflection, hands is literally weaker than priestess (24% vs 25% + los), priests can only indirectly contribute to locking, priest damage is awful even fully artied, and priests are a no-starburst class. Priests aren't mobile, and if you go for absolve, the priest needs to be alive by the time the target can be absolved. A good priest can build momentum with support for a kill in 10-15 seconds, but there are so many 5-6 second locks/kills out there (especially with the prevalence of group aff trackers) that 15 second kills are irrelevant.

Apostate is worlds stronger than Priest. Impatience + paralysis is invaluable in locking, they have soulcage, putrefaction, vigour (which can be used prone iirc), ranged gravehands... it's so good.

i'm a rebel

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Apostate is the best class in the game for everything. That's why all newbies that are reading this hsould join Mhaldor and go apostate.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Tesha said:

Apostate is worlds stronger than Priest.
    lol

for raiding though, apostates are pretty much in the same position used mainly for gravehands and beckon (which priests have as well). Soulspear into gravehands is a nice bonus and blackwind-scouting is handy in some situations when you're not raiding Targossas. good luck trying for locks/catharsis/absolve kills in raid situations.

my list would be the same as Mizik's - Monk, Occultists, Runewarden, then Apostate/Priest. hands/piety are pretty damn important
  • edited March 2015
    The only area I feel that Apostates beat Priests is infiltration. Priests are better support, have a scarier offence and their offence snowballs more quickly than an Apostates, and their ability to seamlessly switch between offence and defence for their entire group is tough to deal with. They're both similar in what they can achieve in a group, but I think Priests achieve those objectives both more quickly and more efficiently with less room for error. 
  • Priests and Apostates are both great supports, one is more offensive, another more defensive.

they share beckon, piety/gravehands, absolve/cath, sap, trace, listen, judgment/eliminate and some other useful abilities.

Priest has aura, hands, warding and healing. Effectiveness of healing has been significantly reduced, from ungodly mode of non from my allies can be locked with affs - I need to be smart now to help my allies heal.

Apostate has fury, soulspear, deadeyes and blackwind.

My list goes: 1. Team A coordination, 2. Team Cyrene Zerg Rush TM. 3. Naga Lupine squadron.
  • Ok. Going apostate until sylvan release.
  • @Mishgul @SaevaYes sir sorry sir. Apostates best class in Achaea
  • edited March 2015
    Chiam said:
    Tesha said:

Apostate is worlds stronger than Priest.
    good luck trying for locks/catharsis/absolve kills in raid situations.

What. Those are like some of the best/most often used kill methods in raids (absolve/cath only if someone bothers going for it, locks used literally all the time by Mdor and Ashtan).

Ily Chiam, but... what.

[Pretend I included a video testimonial here to support my point]

Edit: Though, priests can definitely team-lock too. Herb balance slow, double afflicting. Lock affs delivered via jab and/or chasten. I would help my group lock as priest, if that was what we wanted to do.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited March 2015
    Don't worry Xinna, I got your video testimonial right here.

when it uploads.

in like an hour apparently

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Yeezy doesn't lie.
  • ahh it was meant for the big raids where everything melts to damage in 2 seconds.

locks/cath/absolve work all the time in skirmishes
  • You can tell by the tail wagging that it really is his honest opinion.

Apostate is amazing in melees.  You don't get targetted first usually, you are tanky as hell, and you can spam contemplate/sap/cath macros through hindering (web,hanged,prone,etc) and steal kills by spamming 1 key.

That said, if you are new you should join Mhaldor and go apostate or you'll have a terrible time playing this game, catch the flu, and get fired from your job.

• For a moment, I thought that Mishgul had achieved the ability to double-like posts.
  • Its all about the serpent class.
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."