What is the most rare/needed class in each house?

What class would instill fear in your enemies?  Would you fear to fight? Would you like to see more of in your house?  Would you like to collaborate with?  What do you think would be a creative addition to a respective house?  Explain your reasoning if you would be so kind.

Comments

• Jester

• edited March 2015
    this is funny because i created a Jester alt for this exact same reason, Mhaldor lacks Jesters and Blademasters.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited March 2015
    Making alts in the same org is kinda one of those things that I find kinda skeevy actually :/ 

I mean, you're not actually getting a new experience out of it, you're still interacting with practically the same circle of people. It's a little voyeuristic. And then there's a lot of lines that you have to be careful to not cross. 

Having said that, it really does sort of depend on the city you belong to as well. In places like Eleusis and Targossas where Necromancers are a regular opponent on the field, they might have stronger need for Bards to kill gravehands. 

Jester is very much a universal high demand class though. Shamans (currently acknowledged as broken as hell) and Runies, though not in 'high' demand are also very much valued. 

• Bards and Jesters.

You'd be surprised the uproar that happened when Lilian went from Bard to Shaman.
    Then Eleusis hearing that I wanted to go from Jester to Runewarden. >.>

When you're good at your job, and have a thorough understanding of your class in group combat. You are instantly valuable and people drag you just about anywhere.
  • Jester or Monk imo. People often quit Jester because they don't often get kills in groups and get targeted pretty hard. Unless you're pro you'd more often than not lose XP in groups.
  • I agree that jester and bard are the most under represented combat classes, but I believe the game as a whole needs more apostates.
  • Jester is amazing just take a lot of dedication and patience to get it under wraps after that point you can easily lock people with just straight handaxes
  • It's not nice to be the jester in group combat - pure support(aeon, bombs, hangedman) and prio targetted all the time.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Jester = Blademaster imo as far as support/team grief goes.

Priest if played right is quite possibly the greatest support ever. Can hands,Res,shield, drop rites, cure afflictions and everything else off you. While Also having a 50% mana instant kill. Can do tons of damage and can throw afflictions off like no ones business.

Bards are awesome high lack of bards, but at the same time Bard is going to die first because it's strong.

The class that puts the most fear into your enemies? Priest/Apostate beckons and the runewardens holding the totems and maybe Magi for retardations.

Just kidding the 500 serpents all with lupines and one dragon breaking shield is the scariest shit ever.

But me personally I can typically figure out what ways to fight with any class in my city. but would like to see more priests

• 2 or 3 apostates with contemplate sap or cath macro/triggers.

Cahin said:
    2 or 3 apostates with contemplate sap or cath macro/triggers.
    That or impaleslash + lupines = almost half mana or half mana clotted.

• Jester purely because:

A) No one wants to fight you 1v1
    B) you are pure support in group fights - no kills unless you use throttle/bop then your teammates get angry you didn't just hangedman/aeon
    C) You get targeted first a lot
    D) you start bombing on demand and then they complain you bombed them in a rush
    E) You end up putting in a shit load of effort to hinder/heal and they have a go at you because you didn't hinder when you fooled/priestessed someone

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    I think for Shield its jester/bard/monk in that order.
  • Seftin said:
    Jester purely because:

A) No one wants to fight you 1v1
    B) you are pure support in group fights - no kills unless you use throttle/bop then your teammates get angry you didn't just hangedman/aeon
    C) You get targeted first a lot
    D) you start bombing on demand and then they complain you bombed them in a rush
    E) You end up putting in a shit load of effort to hinder/heal and they have a go at you because you didn't hinder when you fooled/priestessed someone

Where did you experience that? I've never heard that kind of stuff in Targ, and people seem fine with fighting me. Jester's a blast.

i'm a rebel

• ^^Do you think it may vary with the culture/abilities of the city?  I have heard people say that many priests can help keep a team alive perhaps this mitigates the potential downsides of some classes.
    I've had people in Targ yell at me for not hamstringing people before when they evaded away while I was implaing the target that was called..

Stupid people will be stupid. and shouldn't be allowed to speak.