Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

In your opinion, which city is going to be the strongest ten achaean years from now?

124»

Comments

• OgnogOgnog Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Ashtan
    Actually, the Tsol'dasi Ur'Vampires from Istarion will raise an undead army and conquer all of Sapience.

NimKaijinValaria
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Hashan
    Mishgul said:
    Who is silly enough to think this isn|t the beginning of the revolution
    Agreed

Exelethril said:
    I foresee a genius programmer will join the ranks of Hashan and will give all Hashani godlike scripts, then they will F1 all other cities to death.
    Hashan already has one. But to be fair she's usually busy taking selfies.

---
    Ten years from now is a totally different subject. As far as the cities go, Ashtan has been in power most of the game from my understanding. While other cities have had certain times of power in and out.

But 10 years totally different subject.

Classes are going to be completely overhauled.

New class or classes are likely going to be added.

People are going to stop playing. Some people are going to die and never come back from dormancy.

Gods will go in and out of dormancy/be replaced entirely.

People will get bored and switch cities for a new lease on the game.

Houses will likely get a huge change by 10 years time.

--
    With how the games been changing so much lately. I honestly think the only reason Ashtan has stayed in power/is still in power is just the people that have joined it and the people who want to play with them. If for instance Half of the Ashtan fighters decide to go to Mhaldor then Ashtan's not only lost alot of there power. but at the same time Mhaldor just gained it.

Targ, Personally I see staying in the middle of the power struggle with it's up's and downs Because it's Team good. Which means it's a strict city with strict rp.

Ashtan Will top the list hit about middle or turn into Cyrene. Personally I think as someone posted earlier about all the Talent Ashtan has. If they left and joined another city Ashtan would be the same as Eleusis atm.

Mhaldor I don't think Mhaldor will ever be the top of the cities. It might have it's brief moments but cities like Mhaldor (and Targ honestly) have this huge problem of. If the god goes dormant than the city sucks.

Cyrene I have come to the conclusion that Cyrene is Ashtan with out the combatants. You have the people who will try but in general the people there just want peace and to play the game. Could of course completely change with the right leadership and the willingness of the citizens.

Eleusis Hit and miss. Eleusis could top Ashtan with a few more good combatants, time zones play a huge factor from what i've seen in Eleusis though.

Hashan My choice. Personally I have problems deciding if Twilight is the coolest god in the game or the lamest. With Twilight around, Personally I think it will draw in more players. Depending on how long Twlight is around is a huge factor here as well. The Kharon/Black Lotus/Whatever it's getting turned into has also been one of the best houses in the game and may draw folks in. but the main reason I pick hashan is because I personally see alot of Talent in Hashan that is lacking guidance if some big combatants joined and taught and people learned. put focus into combat Hashan could easily be the top city in the game. The problem with Hashan though as I see it. Is the city in general is completely set in it's ways. With a little ump here and there I can see Hashan prosper. with the renaissance coming soon I think hashan might get the ump it needs.

On the other hand in 10 years I think Achaea will have completely turned into automated combat. thus Combat will have to be completely reworked in some way to stop automation from being used. I don't know if that's plausable or not but I see something like this happening in the future.

For the future no one really knows what will happen, to many Variables. the safest bet would be of course Ashtan, but im going to go on a limb and put my money on Hashan. 

KaraiAlcinae
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2015
    Eleusis
    Caladbolg said:
    Eleusis Hit and miss. Eleusis could top Ashtan with a few more good combatants, time zones play a huge factor from what i've seen in Eleusis though.
    At least once a week there's a point when there's only about half a dozen people online (counting me), often less. Then during the 2AM-8AM period everybody is around, but a month or two back I think I was the only person online during quiet time for what was probably an hour.

(Although it's been good recently, since the Renaissance is resulting in more people online.)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Exelethril
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Hashan
    Sarathai said:
    Caladbolg said:
    At least once a week there's a point when there's only about half a dozen people online (counting me), often less. Then during the 2AM-8AM period everybody is around, but a month or two back I think I was the only person online during quiet time for what was probably an hour.

(Although it's been good recently, since the Renaissance is resulting in more people online.)
    Yeah targs about the same way. few more people online, but at the same time I think alot of those are alts trying paladin/priest out.

Which eleusis may have the same for sentinels/druids/sylvans

• RomRom Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Eleusis
    Caladbolg said:
    Some stuff!
    The title actually questions 10 -achaean- years from now, which would be about mid-July.
    I misread it too, should have used a real life metric! :s
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    Hashan
    Real life metric is much better for speculating on something like this.

Otherwise...

I HAVE FAITH, HASHAN
  • ComitisComitis Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Eleusis
    I have confidence Eleusis will rise up in power. 
    edited March 2015
    Hashan
    Rom said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Some stuff!
    The title actually questions 10 -achaean- years from now, which would be about mid-July.
    I misread it too, should have used a real life metric! :s
    Oh Ashtan all the way then.

if we're going till like july why is this even a thread o.o

AchimrstAedin
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,131 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ashtan
    I had assumed the thread was talking about 10 irl years, too

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

AchimrstAedin
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,314 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hashan
    The timer on this thread resets everytime someone opens it.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    AchimrstShirszaeTectonValaria
  • VeldrinVeldrin DenmarkMember Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Shirszae said:
    T'was a joke you missed  :p
    fraid I did too, not like a coat is gonna help you much at the bottom off the sea.
    edited March 2015
    Hashan
    Sartan said:
    @Twilight I'd accuse you of shrine envy. But there is that massive phallus you erected in Hashan. 
    True, but are you sure it's not your massive phallus that brings all the ladies to Mhaldor that he does not envy?

I want my Xinna back :(

AchimrstXinna
  • XinnaXinna Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 2015
    Mhaldor
    Caladbolg said:
    Sartan said:
    @Twilight I'd accuse you of shrine envy. But there is that massive phallus you erected in Hashan. 
    True, but are you sure it's not your massive phallus that brings all the ladies to Mhaldor that he does not envy?

Rofl.

<3. But you're not getting me back. Sry. (Are you even still playing?).

Also, Mdor's gonna be on top obv. Hasar may be the Lord of scrubs, but our scrubs are getting pretty good.

Edit: The last option in this poll is inherently flawed, because we all know the renaissance still won't be finished ten Achaean years from now.

• ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,350 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2015
    Hashan
    This poll should be renamed to - "Which city will have the most combatants with enough free time/bother to log in 10 years from now."

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    AchimrstAedin
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,724 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mhaldor
    This poll should be renamed to - "Which city will have the most combatants with enough free time/bother to log in 10 years from now."
    I just assume that by then you'll have gotten bored and handed off back to the pale shirtless kid.

• ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,350 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hashan
    Naw, I meant that a city's power is proportional to the amount of combatants that are logged in at a certain time as opposed to having a large pool of combatants but barely log in.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KaijinKaijin Member Posts: 29 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Sarathai said:
    Caladbolg said:

When is quiet time in terms of gmt?  (Sorry for quote box my phone is annoying)
    Hashan
    Xinna said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Sartan said:

Rofl.

<3. But you're not getting me back. Sry. (Are you even still playing?).

Also, Mdor's gonna be on top obv. Hasar may be the Lord of scrubs, but our scrubs are getting pretty good.

Edit: The last option in this poll is inherently flawed, because we all know the renaissance still won't be finished ten Achaean years from now.

Yeah just  log in like midnight or so

• JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    Hashan
    Around 10GMT and onwards for a few hours for quiet times online, I think.
    Kaijin
  • ValariaValaria Member Posts: 400 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Eleusis
    ten years from now, we would be wielding god-like powers and all denizen are our followers. we waging war over the ownership over the said denizens. "mine! mine! all mine!".

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • HalosHalos San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,463 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ashtan
    Valaria said:
    ten years from now, we would be wielding god-like powers and all denizen are our followers. we waging war over the ownership over the said denizens. "mine! mine! all mine!".
    Been there, done that.

Nim
Sign In to Comment.