which gods/orgs are the most active and most fun?

2»

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2015
    Skye said:
    Silas said:
    Klendathu said:
    Vastar's mortal Order head is a xoran
    This is kind of disappointing. Show some pride and buy a dagger.
    ^

One thing I've loved about Neroes and Deuc is how they imposed certain things on their members to keep strongly with the belief and cultures of the Order. It was a grand day when Maeander finally said something about the Atavians in the Order and forced them to reincarnate. No more birdies! 

It's really amazing how many people will actually chafe at having to give up something so cosmetic though. I mean, you'd fight, kill, murder and die for your God but you hesitate when he tells you to do something like cut your hair or not be a certain race because it's offensive to him. Really. 
    1. Not something that Klendathu's ever been asked to do, by Vastar or anyone else
    2. Changing race from xoran is nowhere even close to the same thing as cutting one's hair, especially to me, who has RP'd a xoran for over 300 IG years, built up an identity and personality that has xoran ingrained through it.
    3. Neraeos and Vastar were at war, it makes logical sense for Neraeos to ban atavians from His order, they're a creation of Vastar, but there's no analogue - xoran weren't created by Neraeos.
    4. Vastar's teachings remain consistent, focusing on personal and collective freedom, forcing a change of race is contrary to that

Nakari said:
    A downside to Vastar is that his order is pretty much restricted to Ashtan these days, I believe, so he's a pretty factional god, too. Ashtan's less restrictive then Mhaldor or Targossas, of course, but it is a limitation.
    There are Farethi in Eleusis and Cyrene, although a minority. There are things afoot to open membership if the pre-order to everywhere but Targossas and Mhaldor, but it's a deliberately slow and cautious process.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited March 2015
    What Silas and I are getting at is that it's not so much there being an 'analogue' to Nereian racism against Atavians. It's more like it making sense that there would be a race bias for Vastarians towards Atavians as his 'chosen people' so speak. Look at those poor sods up on the Seat of Vastar walking around with their fake wings. Man they'd probably *kill* for a dagger. 

Of course race change is a 'deeply personal' decision for some, but I guess in my mind, you may keep your personal and city/house life separate, but the Order and religion is a different matter altogether. If I knew that my God abhorred/preferred a particular race, I'd be selling myself on the corner for credits. 

edit: But we're veering off topic here so... yeah. 

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Personal merit transcends race

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Kyrra said:
    I'd have stayed in Selene's Order regardless of how active she was if she didn't get nuked because I cared more for what the Order was about and I didn't care for progression or attention. However, I've never been in an Order that was focused on progression and required a lot of divine attention and interaction, and guidance in order to do.. well, anything at all. I can see why people would jump ship and faction hop a lot in order to fulfil their needs, but I personally would question the commitment of someone who keeps flitting between different organisations just for attention. A few people come to mind who does that frequently as well.

I just go off what I was told by former members, some of whom were high ranking and I take those words at face value. The current members don't really go around saying how awesome things are so you only get left with the one impression.

//end quote//

This is what I am concerned about, I don't want to do this (and I wouldn't intentionally) but, I have to vet the groups I am a part of (just as I am sure they wish to do) to make sure it is a good overall fit.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Kaijin if you're stuck in the quote box, press the html icon </> and drag your text under the last <\div> (someone should really post fixes like these in a pinned post, somewhere)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• @Orzaansyn: I bet that lake is actually made of blood. And the forest in the background is actually made of impaled corpses bunched together to look like trees in the distance! You can't fool me, Sartai! I'm on to you, see!

• edited March 2015

Twilight seems to fit you the best, to me. But I have never really interacted with him or his order much, so I can't entirely be sure. The city most associated with him is Hashan.

I know they always used to be philosophical and talk about transcendence, etc. Shaman or monk would probably interest you, as a class.

• Actually, the Sartai are also about transcendence and philosophy.
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    If only @Thoth was active...you could have so much fun RPing Death. No city requirements, except Cyrene. They still seem to be pissed about something that happen ages ago that most of them don't even know about.

Obligatory tagging of @Sarapis and @Tecton to make it happen!
  • They're waiting for an apology for a temper tantrum attack on Cyrene by the deathgod. From Him specifically. They wouldn't unenemy an adventurer without them paying the fine, why let Thoth get away with it? #endderail#justhistorythings