Furniture on Ships

I bought a boat. I have bought a house for my boat. I have furniture in the house on my boat. I would likewise enjoy dropping furniture on the Quarterdeck or Bow of my boat. 

Discuss.

Comments

• I was told at one point that this would change. I want a sapphire throne from which to fish. It has been 2 years.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    This sounds suspiciously like putting living room furniture on the front porch. Next we could be leaving Logosmas decorations up year-round. Let us tread carefully.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    People should be free to express their furniture

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Can mosquito zappers be far behind?
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    edited March 2015
    @Lideron Why are you talking about my pool like you wouldn't swim in it if it had water?

And I mean, I'd like to have a few benches or chairs or something to scatter about, maybe a chest for some of the things that get left on the deck. Regardless of the furniture, the entire boat is now more or less, my out of subs housing plot. Access to the ship has to be granted and all that,(edit:minus force boarding) like door perms for houses. It really just doesn't make sense why this wouldn't/shouldn't be an option.

• In all seriousness, it does seem to be an odd restriction.  Sure, it might be odd to have a couch on a quarterdeck, but it's really not much different than building a room with the outdoor flag set in a subs house, and dropping furniture there (assuming that is possible, never tried it).  Seems like a win/win, Rispok gets a fishing throne, and a little more gold is sunk. 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Have you tried already? I know you can at least put chests on the decks, so I'm not sure what else you might be able to place.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    last I tried you couldn't place most furniture outside of the private cabin expansion
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited March 2015
    Achaean ships aren't luxury yachts...

...or maybe they are
    Houseboats, boathouses, what have you. 
    Riashain said:

...or maybe they are

• Yes please. 
  • Kresslack said:
    Riashain said:

...or maybe they are

Is it weird that I hear Rule, Brittania?

Trey said:
    Kresslack said:
    Riashain said:

...or maybe they are

Is it weird that I hear Rule, Brittania?
    Certainly not.

• Kresslack said:
    Riashain said:

...or maybe they are

Damn, I want to get a ship now :(