Electronic Cigarettes

Comments

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    edited March 2015
    I managed to create a mint I could taste. I got hold of some spearmint concentrate, and added a single drop to my e-cig tank and now i am happy and smoking something I can taste. Hurrah!

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Sartan said:
    I was happily  vaping like @Ourania. And then @Mhaldor pushed all my buttons and I ran back to the Real Deal. It's all your fault, Mhaldor. Red Hot Cinnamon for the Blood God. 
    Sorry, but being the opportunist that I am....

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Sartan said:
    I was happily  vaping like @Ourania. And then @Mhaldor pushed all my buttons and I ran back to the Real Deal. It's all your fault, Mhaldor. Red Hot Cinnamon for the Blood God. 
    Brb pushing everyone off the cliffs before I jump myself. That should relax you better than vapes and sunflower seeds.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    My battery fell on the floor and broke. Spinner 2 is stupidly flimsy. falls right apart if you have anything heavier than an aspire tank on it. Life is good, construction is not.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    I'm actually looking into getting into vaping (not e-cigs because I don't smoke cigarettes). Like the Russian from xXx, I like smoke better than air, part of the reason I smoke cigars. So ideally I would want something with heavy vape. Any suggestions for reasonably priced setup, or would it be better to swing by the local vape shop?

• @Kresslack I'd swing by a vape shop, to be honest. Depending on how good it is, it's easier to understand what you want when you can try out different things. I ended up having to go through an online store, which was still fine, but if you can 'test drive' you'll have a clearer idea.
    Sounds reasonable. I'll have to swing by this weekend and see what they have.

Certainly go to a shop. It's harder online, because there is so much guess work. 

Other news, I now have a Nutella liquid, which has become my BFF.

• ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    Sartan said:
    @Kresslack I'd swing by a vape shop, to be honest. Depending on how good it is, it's easier to understand what you want when you can try out different things. I ended up having to go through an online store, which was still fine, but if you can 'test drive' you'll have a clearer idea.
    Yeah, shop in store for sure.  Lots of confusing things since you are going for the first time.  Internet research is always good too. Youll probably want to either get a dripper or a sub-ohm tank if you want the MAX vapor
  • edited March 2015
    My recommendation is an atlantis tank to start with. You get pretty solid production without having to get into building your own coils. Aspire makes a subohm battery for the piece but I'd forgo it in favour of a box so if you do decide that being a dragon is the place for you, you can upgrade to a dripper. My sigelli box runs just under 100 $ and the atlantis tank between 40 and 45 $. The box runs on 2 lithium ion batteries (samsung 15 $ a piece) and a decent charger for around 30 $. Also, tanks don't run higher than 35w generally, and if cloud blowing is your thing, you'll want to stick with juice that has less than 6mg nicotine or you'll poison yourself right quick.

Edit: replacement atomizers for the atlantis run 20ish for a 5 pack. You'll need to replace them frequently with the amount of juice you'll process blowing clouds. Happy vaping!

@Ourania Making your own liquid is pretty easy if you're a crafty person. Just need propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and a flavor extract (Which is pretty easy to make itself) And your optional nicotine
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Don't get nicotine on your skin when you're concocting in the lab.

It will be a while before I play with deadly chemicals.

• Trying to find the best possible deal of price vs shipping for the Aspire Nautilus mini premium kit. After enough research, I think it's the best middleroad option for someone getting their first vape. It's worth noting that I like smoking for the pleasure,  not nicotine, I might smoke 5-6 cigars or pipefuls a year. The only reason I don't do moreso is the nicotine and health concerns, which vaping seems entirely better (though not without any concern).

Khairt said:
    My recommendation is an atlantis tank to start with. You get pretty solid production without having to get into building your own coils. Aspire makes a subohm battery for the piece but I'd forgo it in favour of a box so if you do decide that being a dragon is the place for you, you can upgrade to a dripper. My sigelli box runs just under 100 $ and the atlantis tank between 40 and 45 $. The box runs on 2 lithium ion batteries (samsung 15 $ a piece) and a decent charger for around 30 $. Also, tanks don't run higher than 35w generally, and if cloud blowing is your thing, you'll want to stick with juice that has less than 6mg nicotine or you'll poison yourself right quick.

Edit: replacement atomizers for the atlantis run 20ish for a 5 pack. You'll need to replace them frequently with the amount of juice you'll process blowing clouds. Happy vaping!
    Yes, I want to be a dragon...or a walking fog machine, either or. I will make this happen.

Being a dragon is cool. Also, as I have found out in my fun, the vapour sits onto of drinks, and tables, and basically acts like dry ice. SCIENCE!

Ourania said:
    Being a dragon is cool. Also, as I have found out in my fun, the vapour sits onto of drinks, and tables, and basically acts like dry ice. SCIENCE!
    I've seen people blow vapour into bubbles, and they float around, gradually sinking until they pop and spread vapour out. It's great. There are so many great applications. In a moment of frustration, vape and blow a thick, cloudy stream of vapour from thine nostrils. I will make this happen!

I make the vapor sit on my coat. I think I look like I'm on fire. Only works with my wool coat though. :(
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    I climbed on board this bandwagon over the weekend and managed to make a hash of my first attempted refill :/
  • I like breathing
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

Beats the alternative, I guess 
    Kitiara said:
    I like breathing

Herenicus said:
    I climbed on board this bandwagon over the weekend and managed to make a hash of my first attempted refill :/
    My first refill went everywhere. I had no clue what I was doing and then promptly flooded the atomiser and just no happened. No.

Ourania said:
    Herenicus said:
    My first refill went everywhere. I had no clue what I was doing and then promptly flooded the atomiser and just no happened. No.
    If you do decide to gargle high-octane stimulants, I recommend mornings before work.
  • So I have tried these things many many times over the years and every time it is just not good enough. I end up craving a proper smoke halfway through the day and then give back the device to the person I borrowed it from to test. And every time I get someone telling me it is much better now, try it again.

So last week I was given one to try by a coworker, a device made locally here, tried it and before I knew, a week had gone by without a single cig craving. Finally bought one today and happy as Larry with it.

Current flavours I am circulating and blending are Mixed Berry, Toasted and Cinnamon. It is so weird to actually smell smoke on people again and while I realise this is not exactly healthy it is a DAMN side better than how I felt before, while still stopping me from strangling a coworker.

^

Apart from the refill mishap, this has been great fun with nicotine. We have the technology!
  • I haven't vaped in months and you guys are making me want to pick it up again. Mmmm, menthol.
  • I use a ranger, which is a 150w box mod with the atlantis tank. Much smoke. Much dragon. I have this grape tart juice right now which I hate (new juice is in the mail though!) I also have a coupon for a free VUSE starter kit (sold in 7-11, camel makes them) and a free cartridge package. If anybody is interested in trying an e-cig I would totally trade the coupons for a post card!
    I now blend my own eliquids. I have Popcorn, sweet popcorn. Double chocolate, chocolate orange, orange, triple mint, spearmint menthol. Its fun. And I cheat. I buy a bulk flavourless eliquid and concentrates.