New Forums

12346»

Comments

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited December 2012
    I have suddenly gone from having 17 wtfs to 252 wtfs. Not having posted anything quite that inflammatory, I'm assuming this is some kind of bug?

Edit: oh wait. It looks like Bonko has gone back and wtfd a large number of my comments for no apparent reason. Does this count as abuse and do I get my points back?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Was tempted to WTF just on principle, but then I lol'd, because @Bonko made me lol. Who else would care enough to go back and find -all- of your posts? That man is dedicated to his work.

• @Jiraishin Nope, the admins don't care. Peak's gotten a ton of uncalled for WTFs too and I've gotten a ton of uncalled for disagrees, but as far as the admins are concerned, it's totally fine and we should just deal with it.

@Trey Many people, actually. Achaea forums is filled with people with too much time on their hands.
  • @ @Alyssea: to be fair, forumrank means absolutely diddly for anything, afaik, unless Tvistor isn't full of BS and you really get credits for being Epic. All you're basically doing is the equivalent of complaining about someone going 'I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you!'. Which can be obnoxious, but being (mostly) adults here, we should be able to handle it without parental supervision.

• @Trey But getting forum-phase is important.
  • Don't actually care that much about forums rank (unless you get credits, which I kind of doubt), and wouldn't've posted here if I hadn't thought it was a bug initially.
    Really puzzled as to what prompted this though, since I can't remember the last time I interacted with Bonko either IC or OOC.

• edited December 2012
    @Jiraishin: I sent you a message IG before I WTF'd your posts. As for the reason, you're exactly right - to my knowledge we've never interacted IC or OOC - but that didn't stop you from making decisions about me/my character and judging me. Sucks, doesn't it?

I was going to go through and undo it (as I did with Peak), after I had made my point but that obviously isn't possible anymore :P
  • Lol, I guess the admins proved me wrong. They care enough to ban Bonko and his alts apparently, but not anyone else who has done this same thing. How fair.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited December 2012
    Wait, what message?

EDIT: Just checked my messages, ok. Somehow from your post I thought you meant you had sent a message in the past and I somehow wronged you by not addressing it. I also thought it was an IC message.

Even if you are banned, I very much hope you can read this. If I judged your character and made decisions regarding it, I did it less from "secondhand knowledge/information", which is a valid way of learning about something, and more from firsthand observation. If I could not do that without interaction, I doubt I would have had a spymaster job very long. It is probably worth emphasizing that I am referring to IC observation, information, and decisions. The lack of IC/OOC barrier here is so infuriating I don't even know what to say, except that if I were judging your character based on OOC information my newly acquired firsthand knowledge would hardly improve my opinion.

• I am actually tempted to go like Jiraishin's posts on principle. Just because, stalker-vibes or not, I actually got someone to talk to me on the forums. Beyond 'That's a bad idea', anyway.

Unfortunately, I've very tired, so you'll have to make do with just the ones in this thread.

I had an on-topic thing to say but nevermind, that wouldn't work.
  • edited December 2012
    Alyssea said:
    Lol, I guess the admins proved me wrong. They care enough to ban Bonko and his alts apparently, but not anyone else who has done this same thing. How fair.
    Including you? LOL. I did a few as a joke and then you did a ton right back at me and others. The way you victimise yourself yet do the exact same thing is bloody hilarious. Guess just like you don't command kick guard right?

Cool cool.

• Garao said:
    Alyssea said:
    Lol, I guess the admins proved me wrong. They care enough to ban Bonko and his alts apparently, but not anyone else who has done this same thing. How fair.
    Including you? LOL. I did a few as a joke and then you did a ton right back at me and others. The way you victimise yourself yet do the exact same thing is bloody hilarious. Guess just like you don't command kick guard right?

Cool cool.
    The hell are you talking about? You, Vaehl, and the forum-alts you guys created gave me over 100 disagrees. That's not "a few as a joke," and the only response I gave you from doing that was PMs. I gave Vaehl like 10 disagrees and then we came to an agreement and removed the disagrees. I've never gone around flagging anyone's posts with abuses, WTFs, or disagrees just because it gives me some weird kind of satisfaction to see people's precious forum-points go down for no reason. 

And unless you can provide a log of me forcing someone to kick a guard, shut up about it. I wouldn't have ranted if I did the same thing to other people, but I don't, and I've searched my logs for me snapping people, and none of them were to kick guards.
  • LOL, no.

• Hrm, one forum issue:

When I go o a person's profile and click "Comments" to see the person's posts, there's a link at the bottom of the comments display that says "More Comments". One would assume that by clicking this, one would get to see more posts of that user. However, it simply shows me the same posts as above once more, making this absolutely pointless. Is it like that for everybody else too?
  • @Iocun Yup, has been since the inception of the new forums. There are probably a couple comments complaining about it buried back in this thread or one of the similar ones.
  • Oh, I see. Guess there isn't terribly much IRE can do about it, since it's not their forum software.
  • Wat I don't use any of my alts.
  • Jiraishin said:
    Don't actually care that much about forums rank (unless you get credits, which I kind of doubt), and wouldn't've posted here if I hadn't thought it was a bug initially.
    Really puzzled as to what prompted this though, since I can't remember the last time I interacted with Bonko either IC or OOC.
    Have you not yet received your rank-up credits? You may want to shoot @Sarapis an e-mail - sounds like your forum account isn't properly synced up to your character.