New Gold Sinks

Comments

• Well, for subdivision housing in Delos, I'd expect plot to sell initially for a minimum of 100k, probably closer to 150k. Then they'd just go up in value as players re-sold them to each other. Plus anyone who held onto their house there would have a great likelihood of purchasing servants, which could be made more expensive out of cities as well, I suppose.

I agree though; this wouldn't be a constant drain unless....the gold went to an estate tax, which was payable every year on Sarapin or the plot is lost and up for re-sale, which could be interesting! Rather like the changes to shops recently: It would encourage active ownership of property. Likewise, it would be neat if the subdivision allowed you to summon the Delosian Guards (for a fee, of course - annual security tax). 

But..then we're getting into taxes, which aren't exactly the gold sinks everyone was talking about and now I'm just rambling because the caffeine has made me so awake so I'll shut up. 
  • Actually, I think luxury taxes are essentially what most people want.

That's a rather crude and simplistic way of looking at things, but more ways for people to spend gold that they don't really need to spend, but if they've got the gold to spare, they might like to.
  • Nim said:
    Actually, I think luxury taxes are essentially what most people want.

That's a rather crude and simplistic way of looking at things, but more ways for people to spend gold that they don't really need to spend, but if they've got the gold to spare, they might like to.
    It's not unlike ship stores, which is a kind of tax to keep your crew happy though. Agreed though that it is rather simplistic and not exactly fun. 
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited March 2015
    Bluef said:
    Well, for subdivision housing in Delos, I'd expect plot to sell initially for a minimum of 100k, probably closer to 150k. Then they'd just go up in value as players re-sold them to each other. Plus anyone who held onto their house there would have a great likelihood of purchasing servants, which could be made more expensive out of cities as well, I suppose.

I agree though; this wouldn't be a constant drain unless....the gold went to an estate tax, which was payable every year on Sarapin or the plot is lost and up for re-sale, which could be interesting! Rather like the changes to shops recently: It would encourage active ownership of property. Likewise, it would be neat if the subdivision allowed you to summon the Delosian Guards (for a fee, of course - annual security tax). 

But..then we're getting into taxes, which aren't exactly the gold sinks everyone was talking about and now I'm just rambling because the caffeine has made me so awake so I'll shut up. 
    The problem I see with that concept is that unlike the real world, I don't think anyone actually buys subdivision plots as a form of investment unless they're extremely rare and limited (like out of subs plots). I suppose you could have Delos subs be like that. But in general I think that people who buy them probably intend to keep them and build on them - I strongly doubt resale would happen more than a few times.

I also don't think the re-sale thing could happen as players would only need to build one room on it to ensure that it could never be repossessed. Unless we're talking about out of subs plots, I find it unlikely as well for Delosian guards to appear in the subdivisions since they can't just walk there, which is how guards get ''called'' in the other cities.

I don't mean to pick apart the ideas and am all in support of more luxury options, but just suggesting some reasons why the aforementioned might not work - and learning something about economics in the process!

Agh also noticed that I said previously that the cheapest ship is 1.5mil - it's 2.5 (Windcutter), so even more than that. My mistake.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2015
    I don't believe in gold sinks for something as permanent as out of sub plots. Because what we are actually talking about here is that, The game generates gold and doesn't take enough away.

Assumingly Penwize likely has the most gold out of anyone in Achaea. He's the highest level by far and has likely killed more monsters that drop gold than records can keep track of. Even if we sold delos plots for 10 mil gold each. (1667ish credits at 6k a pop) How much of a dent is that actually going to put in his gold supply alone?

With the amount of gold Penwize likely has he could prob hand it out freely and completely crash the gold economy of the game entirely. 

And that's -just- Penwize (I actually have no clue how much gold Penwize has I just assume he has enough that it doesn't even matter how much he has at this point)

Point being anything permanent will get bought up quickly and may lower the total players gold supplies by 300 million . But 300 million likely isn't even putting a dent in it anymore. 

• I think you're vastly overestimating how much gold Penwize has.
  • It would be interesting to know how much he actually has, as well as how much gold is currently in circulation. 

• If you believe what he says, then he has a tendency to spend his gold on credits rather than walk around with a load of gold.
  • You copycat rangor :neutral: I already said I wanted to be a jockey.
  • Riashain said:
    You copycat rangor :neutral: I already said I wanted to be a jockey.
     I didn't read the previous posts. :/ Why you gotta have my ideas? You copycat
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited March 2015
    Rangor said:
    I want to be a humgii-racer and train my own humgii. We'll hit the tracks and people can bet on us with humgii race tickets. We'll train various stats hoping to give us an edge over other racers. We'll race against NPC's and other trainers to become the best humgii racer in the world!

Training Humgii is a costly thing of course, but if you're the best you can also win races and rewards.

This is the most awesome idea ever. :H

• Achaea pokemon? Except.... they're humgii, and you race  them rather than fight.

• I would rather have pokemon that we make fight for our enjoyment.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Achimrst said:
    I would rather have pokemon that we make fight for our enjoyment.
    Including a new consumable artie called rare candy, yes.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• It was my ides not rangors :neutral: 
    Penwize said:
    I definitely don't even come close to having the most gold.  I keep pretty much all of my wealth in credits.  I sort of doubt that I even have the most credits on hand at the moment either, since I imagine there are other people stockpiling for the next auction or new artie sale or multiclass (which will devour credits.).
    I was just using you as an example because we all know that you bash more than anyone else in this game. (or at least have bashed to the point of wtf) and there for your in game generated gold supply has to be higher than anyone elses ever. Also I was pretty drunk when I made my post I think I forgot to add in I was using you as an example.

• Shirszae said:
    Achimrst said:
    Your pet was set ablaze! APPLY MENDING!
    Achimrst said:
    Shirszae said:
    Achimrst said:
    *Burn heal

• Caladbolg said:
    Achimrst said:
    Shirszae said:
    Achimrst said:
    *Burn heal
    Here in Achaea, we call it mending.
  • TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    edited March 2015
    I am really liking the idea of auctions in game that sell actual artifacts from events long past.
    ...auctions is gold only, of course. 

I think it could even be tied into that new clan type thing on Meropis? I'm not sure, have not read much on the clan yet.

I think a grand opening where 15 one of a kind artifacts are auctioned off, each starting at 1Million gold.

Can include:
    First ax that felled tree to make Hashan.
    Fossilised egg of the dragon that terrorised Cyrene
    the branding iron that burnt Gaia
    That guy who was the first bladesmaster's favorite quill

Thing like that which would be non-decay and can be displayed in personal houses, clan estates or even kept under guard in the secret vualts of a city.

Would be pretty great to see this happen

...first auctiomncaluminating in the grand reveal of the broken handel of that bladesmaster guy's sword.
  • TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    Also, maybe have a regular masquerade ball, once every four IG years. Tickets are auctioned off 10 at a time randomly throughout the preceding years, starting at 50k and going up. 

For clarification, I mean like a popular denizen run masquerade, like when Bella hosted the Mayaween thing. 
  • I would be all over gold-only auctions and gold humgii races (with non-credit prizes). TAKE MY MONEY.
    Toll roads underground connected to near every city. For straight line travel
    Okay... so all these ideas need to happen soon... minerals are going for 4g per... gold is quicky becoming worthless
    Just curious to know, I'm pretty sure everyone will think this is a terrible idea, but it's been bugging me for several weeks now... so I might as well just ask

What if there were no credits. 

Don't get me wrong, I mean, there Will still be people buying With RL money, but they will be buying gold, not credits. All artifacts will become gold based at, let's say, 7000 gold per credit. So, a SoA, which I think goes for 350CR now, will instead go for 2,450,000gold.

Is this a really great idea? Is it crazy? I think it'll solve many currency issues if you think about it. 
    We have perfectly good gold sinks already in place... artifacts.

Call me genius or burn me at the stake.
  • Teghaine said:

Call me genius or burn me at the stake.
    Where's option C) Vivisection?