Allow the Earring of Sinope and Bag of Sharing a once-in-a-long-while free partner change

Hi there. I was hoping to suggest this because the vast majority of times a person eventually DOES go dormant, and these items' 800 credit cost effectively necessitates an upkeep. I think this might dissuade people from buying one of these items. It becomes REALLY shitty for people like me, who own multiple copies of this item. Blowing like 1000 credits just to reset earrings whose partners are dormant becomes a really good reason not to buy many of them.

I am not asking for many such changes. Simply assign the Bag or Earring a single token, and if it's there, no further ones come. If it gets used, in like 5 Achaean years, a new token becomes available. I think this would be a more fair system for the players, and for the staff it would probably get more credits spent because the overall cost of the bag and earring becomes mostly in the purchase, not in the upkeep.

Thank you for reading my idea

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I've suggested, numerous times, that earrings of sinope actually be sold as 1 single earring. I hate how only 1 person owns the earrings, even if both people agree to go half on the cost.  In a perfect world, you buy an earring, then you tune it to someone else who has an earring freely for the first time, and then it costs credits to change your earring partner anytime after that.

Alas, its been shot down everytime I classlead it, for reasons unknown.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited March 2015
    You only pay 100cr to swap an earrings partner, assuming that you are considered the owner of the earrings at the time they were purchased. The bag of sharing has a 150cr fee to swap that partner with someone else. That's stated for both under HELP ARTEFACTS MISC or http://www.achaea.com/game/helpview/achaea/miscellaneous-artefacts.

It doesn't really cater much toward the other partner, so if the owner goes dormant it's sort of case with you being shit out of luck for the moment, but if you are the owner, it certainly won't cost you anywhere near 1000 credits unless you're trading them in and buying a new pair instead of just paying to have the partner switched.

Edit: Regarding the concept of the OP though, as someone that owns quite a few pairs of earrings and having dealt with people going inactive, I'm certainly not adverse to the idea but it likely wouldn't really happen because it's relatively cheap (in comparison) to just pay to get the items swapped to someone else. Hell, the person they are being swapped to can probably cough up that 100/150cr if they wanted as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Aktillum said:
    I've suggested, numerous times, that earrings of sinope actually be sold as 1 single earring. I hate how only 1 person owns the earrings, even if both people agree to go half on the cost.  In a perfect world, you buy an earring, then you tune it to someone else who has an earring freely for the first time, and then it costs credits to change your earring partner anytime after that.

Alas, its been shot down everytime I classlead it, for reasons unknown.
    I like this idea better than the current setup. and dislike the halfies idea. especially when alts and such gets into the mix. like if for instance say me and Draqoom went halfies on earrings, and I was the owner I decide to go dormant Draqooms out 400 credits, or worse I decide to make an eleusian alt to try sentinel and fall in love with eleusis. log back to Caladbolg and join Eleusis because although icly that's not a good reason oocly I know i'll like Eleusis better. in this suitation Draqoom just lost 400 credits on an earring or he'll have to join Eleusis to get the value of the earring back for the most part.

If we had 1 earring per person at 400 credits. and that person needed an empty earring to link them to then when I switch cities Draqoom is only down 100 credits to transfer the earring to a new person or can still trade his in. Instead of just out of 400 credits/1200 if he wants another earring. You can always trust the person to pay you the 400 credits back. but you know how that stuff works.

Btw @Dalran you still owe me 400 credits.

• support 400/400 idea.
  • They should definitely allow once-in-a-while free changes. I agree completely.

I feel like faction choices are a little too 'locked in', and don't give invested players enough room to change even if they wanted to. I'm not encouraging faction hopping, but if the only reason someone has to stay is because they'll lose 8 earrings if they move...

I feel like an IG 5 year cooldown on earring swaps would be good.

• So what should be the half-life of true love?
  • From Aetolia:
    Entwined Lockets: (250 cr)
      Artifact Power: Paired
        - Find someone with another locket, and TOUCH locket
          to locket (both must be in the same inventory). From then
          on, you can TOUCH LOCKET to travel to that person as long
          as they are on the same continent.
    Now, I'm not saying to make it this price, but this style of owning one half would be really helpful. Worst case, one person buys both, one as a gift. Then, if the original buyer goes dormant, you're not SOL, as you are now.
  • edited March 2015
    Sure, let's make it easier/more accessible to use earrings. All for it.
  • From a design standpoint, I could see making earrings two artefacts, but I feel like that boosts the utility, so it might cost 1200 instead of 800.

An example... Hashan is raiding Minia. I have an earring paired with Bambi, but she is not logged in at the moment. I change my pairing to Jhui (because he's logged in and also Hashani). Minia burns and newbies cry.

It would also be prudent, should it become a pair of artefacts, to include a somewhat severe downtime between swaps, like an IG year or so.