which devotional class should I be?

CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
edited March 2015 in North of Thera
Monk is getting old and for rp reasons I want to change to priest our Paladin. Not sure which is better for someone transitioning over.

Comments

• Where's the option for sentinel?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Knights have always seemed boring to me.  Beckon! 
  • Paladin yo lol
  • Damnation kills! Show your true colors as a Targossian!
    (fkintraitorwaituntilIgetmyhandsonyou)
  • Paladin op

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Priest is awesome, but killing with a mace is boring. Swords are better.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited March 2015
    Wait... Are you going rogue or is this for an alt? I think paladins are pretty sexy. I chose priest though because I am one. :)
    Focus on results and you'll never see progress. Focus on progress and you'll see results.
  • Going to have to agree with @Trey you don't really seem happy with each fraction really and as a friend I hate to see get excommunicated for doing something you would be so devastated it's not funny.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Sounds like a sticky situation.
  • Of the two, probably Paladin.

However, as Trey said, a class without a specific alignment would benefit in how you'd keep your abilities if/when you switch factions. It's several hundred credits to re-trans, which can get pricey (especially if you switch, re-trans, then get kicked out and have to switch yet again).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Herenicus said:
    Sounds like a sticky situation.
    You have no idea. Lol

• Infernal.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Why not Sentinel? Skirmishing looks pretty sexy.

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Because Targossas.:P

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Luminary
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Being a rogue isn't all bad :tongue: 
  • Monk.

Barring that, blademaster.

Show devotion by honing your physical, mental, and spiritual strength to perfection.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Paladin looks like more fun, and if you get a Seftinesque itch, you can switch around between the weapon types to keep it fresh.

Still, I'd be super careful.  Barring a sudden (and rather permanent personality shift) I see excommunication in your future (no offense).

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Priest is prob one of the strongest classes in the game if played right. The constant nerf/buff aspect i've noticed of priest is it's to strong defensively to have that strong of an offensive but it's offensive completely sucks or it's to strong with the priest defense. and imo Defense is the leading factor of pvp not offense. Bashing wise. about the same pick which ever one you want Not sure on the damage of both but i'd say they equal out or close enough to it not to matter much.

On the other hand with the faction changing thing mentioned earlier if your not sure if you'll end up hoping factions Paladin is a safe bet. Mainly because if you do for some reason get excommed or something then your arties will transfer with you to runewarden or Infernal.

Love Paladin my self. (Most of the time) and except for maybe vivisects I say Paladin is the strongest knight in 1v1 situations and differs in group between Runewarden/Paladin for totem/rites

Oh and Runie dwc is kinda like bullshit. although Paladin can kinda tank it. not sure on Paladin dwc and how effective that would be with demon mana draining and such.

• Go paladin and join cyrene so we can further our steamy romance and start a rebellion so that BLESSSINGS can actually be useful again
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Oh and as a side note, if you do decide to go priest/paladin (snb) Make sure you buy that SoA before the price goes up. as it's pretty f'in good

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited March 2015
    Um...this is what I get for having too many Achaea forum tabs open at the same time. Wrong thread!

To actually be constructive, play whatever you think will be fun but really try to stick to one place for a while this time!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Devotion: strong attachment (to) or affection (for a cause, person, etc) marked by dedicated loyalty.

I dunno, seems like it might not be the best fit... ;)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • SNB for the guaranteed win, priest for better group. Would go Priest myself, but Pally SNB can get some serious damage from disembowel or go for the damnation.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I have a picture that says it all, when i get home from work.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae