Could someone recommend a resource for teaching myself about scripts?

Hello, 
I am very much new to Achaea, and to the entire genre of MUDs in general. I understand that scripts (I think people refer to them IC as 'reflexes') making one's life far easier, but am a little nervous to start banging away at it in case I bugger it up somehow. The client I'm using at the moment is called MUSHclient. I apologise if this question has been asked before, I'm just not sure where to start. 
Thank you all in advance,
Sincerely,
Multon (aka Patrick)

Best Answers

Answers

• Thank you very much!

• edited March 2015
    Quick follow up question. I've installed the scripts from my the first link, but am having some trouble with the map. On my client its default location is right on top of where the text is meant to go... which presents a problem in a text based game...

The readme says there is a way to move it out the way, but I've been having no luck at all trying to figure it out... Generally, me messing with it makes MUSHclient go all CRASHclient on me, so for now I've stopped before I bugger up something important, and have begun praying to the machine spirits for forgiveness... 

What I wanted to ask if anyone else uses this system, or was generally a clever enough person at wizard machines to be able to help me it out? 

I would really appreciate it... I'm at a loss beyond offering it a Forsaken Child or perhaps lighting some insense... (PIC related)           
  • Okay, so I have followed the advice of most people and switched over to Mudlet.
    On the advice of @Lideron I downloaded the following UI Template and this is where I am at now...

GUI.jpg 160.5K
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Multon said:
    Okay, so I have followed the advice of most people and switched over to Mudlet.
    On the advice of @Lideron I downloaded the following UI Template and this is where I am at now...

Mother of god where do I get that

• Multon said:
    Okay, so I have followed the advice of most people and switched over to Mudlet.

Eep how can you play with a main window that small.