[HTML5][PLEASE HELP] Setting up Anti-Theft, Understanding Triggers and other features.

edited March 2015 in Tech Support
Hello

I've been playing Achaea for a good couple weeks now, and i've managed to understand a little bit of the Reflex system.
I know little about coding and im having troubles setting up my Anti-theft. the Triggers to be more precise.
I managed to set one up for putting my pack back if it gets removed, but i need further instructions on how to set a trigger for using Selfishness when someone snaps me, and how to put my sovereigns back in my pack. Also if theres a Trigger way to only use Selfishness when snaped, and after the danger is gone to de-activate it, so I can sell and stuff.

Yes I have read the client scripting manual but i dont know some parts of it seems like japanese to me.

Any help would be most appreciated, I feel that not understanding entierly the triggers, and other things like variables, aliases and functions, is holding me back from enjoying Achaea to its fullest.

Regards

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    I feel a page to @Orzaansyn would be fitting here
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Close thread, I moved to Mudlet, since apparently nobody really knows HTML5. I found someone that helped me set Mudlet.

regards
  • HTML 5 is kinda foreign land at the moment due to.majority of the people already on mudlet as is sadly. 
  • While we're at it, is there a way (and which is it/how) to set up a toggle for selfishness/generosity on the HTML5, maybe even using serverside curing?

I'm struggling to understand where to start :(
  • I used a simple alias:
    setalias XXX CURING OFF/GENEROSITY

setalias YYY CURING ON (-> which should put selfishness up because it is a defense upkeep).
    if you want to set a more complex toggle, use the following functions in your scripts:

client.set_variable(variable_name, value);

client.get_variable(variable_name);

About it, you may store a value of any type (though numbers have to be retrieved with parseInt() because they seem stored as strings). It is very useful with a boolean though, for you can simply use it like:

if(client.get_variable(variable_name)){
         //Do something amazing
    }
  • I spent an hour with him in Skype getting him up and running on Mudlet and setup. Should be good to go. 
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• Orzaansyn said:
    Hahaha. You didn't even try.

I really do not see what is hard (or japanese) into:
    1. Click on "Reflexes" tab.
    2. Click on "Add->Add a trigger" button
    3. Put your trigger text in "Trigger text" area
    4. Select "Regular expression" matching type if you want that your trigger is a regular expression.
    5. Write the command you want to send in "Send a command" area.
    6. Click on "Save changes", then "Save client settings" to save it.
    Please do not call it a "foreign land" or state "noone knows" when it's a lie to justify laziness.
    Okay... 

1) If you are going to post something, please let it be useful, this kind of mockery is unnecessary, but i'll let it pass, since you actually posted someting a little bit more useful on your second post.

2) the fact that you know how to use HTML5, doesnt mean most do, because most DONT know. And thats a fact. Just try to look up for guides, or anthing related to HTML5 reflexes or coding, and you realize that most people will say, in and out of the game "uhm i dont really know html5 I use mudlet". And again I explicity said "apparently nobody really knows" never said "no one does" wich leads me to nr. 3

3) Dont just call me, or anybody, lazy, just because I say i dont know something, im 25 years old, im a grown ass man, i spent countless hours trying to figure things out, and i couldnt, I managed to learn some things but only a small portion of what it has. I got frustrated at times but hey, i still play the game, and yes, a friend helped me set up mudlet, because not even you took the time to actually help, you just chose to post something to make me look bad. Besides, i dont see an HTML5 guide with your name on it, and it would be good if you make one, because its needed. So please try to be more careful in the future.

I dont blame you for posting that, i kinda understand, since i realized you are kind of oblivious of whats really going on when you asked me in-game if i finished my BM sword quest, and kept calling me Thrall, even though im lvl 50 and hr3 in the legates, i doubt anybody would be there if they couldnt even get the bm quest done.

Anyways maybe you have lots of thing going on, idk. Just try not to do this again, it doesnt speak well of you.

I apologize if i ofendend anyone, it was not my intention.

Regards
    Himadaen

• Kitiara said:
    I spent an hour with him in Skype getting him up and running on Mudlet and setup. Should be good to go. 
    It was Awesome.
  • Himadaen said:

Besides, i dont see an HTML5 guide with your name on it, and it would be good if you make one, because its needed. So please try to be more careful in the future.

I'll summarize my answer to your whole post with only answering this part: Not only you'll never see one, but I believe I'll definetely stop to try helping people.
  • Orzaansyn said:
    Himadaen said:

Besides, i dont see an HTML5 guide with your name on it, and it would be good if you make one, because its needed. So please try to be more careful in the future.

I'll summarize my answer to your whole post with only answering this part: Not only you'll never see one, but I believe I'll definetely stop to try helping people.
    It's quite alright, i never expected you to do it. 

Kyrra said:
    @Himadaen, if you actually paid attention to the order of posts, Orzaansyn was responding to what Aedin said:
    HTML 5 is kinda foreign land at the moment due to.majority of the people already on mudlet as is sadly. 

She's about the only person on the forums who has actively gone out of her way to assist people with HTML 5 queries that isn't an admin person, and your response to her was quite rude. She didn't have to answer you at all.

I'm not a HTML 5 user, but I really appreciate what @Orzaansyn does. Even if nobody else says it, thank you for all the knowledge that you've shared over the months.

Edit for spacing, because that quote box doesn't want to be a quote box.
    couple of things to clarify here, first, she quoted me at least three times in her first post. so no, she wanst actually answering Aedin, she only reffered to one word he said wich was "foreign land", her post was actually adressed to me. YOU should probably pay more attention to whats actually IN the posts instead of just looking at the order.

second, my response wasnt rude, it was the truth, and truth hurts im afraid, just because most people over the internet cant handle the fact that they run into some people from time to time, they THINK they can fuck with, but they shouldnt, doesnt make it rude. I never insulted her or anything like it. i just pointed out the FACT that she insulted me. And i responded, because im one of those people you shouldnt fuck with. And by the way, like i said before, i never saw her name in any of the dozens of forums i read when i was trying to learn html5, though the internet its a massive place, but i didnt even know who she was until she decided to step in this thread. So im sorry if I dont consider shes doing what you say shes doing.

oh try to leave the ass kissing for private messages.

Regards
  • She is one of my friends and this conversation should end. 
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Himadaen said:
    i just pointed out the FACT that she insulted me. And i responded, because im one of those people you shouldnt fuck with.

Proportionality is your friend. You needn't light your hair on fire just because a woman cracked wise while in fact helping you.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2015
    Welcome, @Himadaen, you're going to fit right in.

:(

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Herenicus said:
    Himadaen said:
    i just pointed out the FACT that she insulted me. And i responded, because im one of those people you shouldnt fuck with.

Proportionality is your friend. You needn't light your hair on fire just because a woman cracked wise while in fact helping you.

I do admire people trying to stand out for her, but no, she wasnt helpful im afraid, (and im the onlyone entitled to decide if she was, since i was the one seeking help) or i've would of said thanks.
    And im not lightning my hair on fire lol, it wasnt anger what motivated my posts, but as a new member of this forum i asked for help and said i dindt know much about the subject, and she replied making jokes, and mocking me. i thought that was fucked up.

the gif was funny though.

regards
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front

• lol i cant even get mad at this one, is too good.
  • Aww all these mentions of my name and no @Aedin for them lol So sad lol

:'( 
  • This appears to have run its course.
This discussion has been closed.