1484950515254»

Comments

• Morthif said:
    Lies, @Rohai will be a Kohai for life
    Kohai Rohai 5ever, naturally.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Jacen said:
    Austere said:
    Sempai reqs were always fun too. I have done then three times across characters. (Assuming they have not drastically changed)

Oh? Never been Ashuran, would you mind sharing what those reqs are, or what makes them fun?
    Have to remember, this had been a while. Go easy if I don't remember properly.  The diligence one was probably my favorite.  Back when I did it, it was 30 ranked spars of at least 7 classes, I think.  I think they cut the total to 15 now,  though. It was also incredibly easy to find sparring partners, because everyone knew at the time knew you needed a ton(everyone has had an Ashuran alt).   All of the requirements really did make you learn what they were trying to teach.

Looking up at your superiors actually made you want to try.  There were very few Sempai and above that wouldn't rip your face off in the arena(it's still this way as far as I know). My first time sparring Rennyn(first Ad for me). ..ugh.  

The way the ranks were split up,  you still had two full ranks to gain after getting out of novicehood (Kohai).  You didn't suddenly hit full member and run out of things to do.  I don't think it is even possible to be a Sempai at hr 5. They forced city ranks too. While the entire community was very tight knit,  they wanted you to interact with your city and show you were helpful in multiple fields.  Once you had Sempai,  they would just find something else for you to do.  Gunsou, Daimyo, Shikan, Renshi (almost everyone was aided). Good luck on procrastination,  Enyd would be all over you telling you to do work. It was not boring,  and the rewards for doing the requirements was respect.

The history(which you were required to learn) is also incredible.  

The Ashura was also the first house to actually explain anything to me.  My first attempt at Achaea was almost sad.  I joined a house(won't name),  the person doing my orientation(house leader) did a quick run through, mentored me mechanically and then never helped again.  I used punch until well into level 40, and didn't really learn about minia until my second char.. The Ashura always seemed like someone had the time to help you. . Loved it.  They will always hold a place in my heart(Thi is still Austere's mentor)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    You can't apply for Sempai until you reach HR4 and CR2, Sempai gives you HR5. There's still Sensei above that, but you're not pushed to work at Sensei reqs if you don't want to, meaning Sensei has a degree of exclusivity.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    You can't apply for Sempai until you reach HR4 and CR2, Sempai gives you HR5. There's still Sensei above that, but you're not pushed to work at Sensei reqs if you don't want to, meaning Sensei has a degree of exclusivity.
    Sempai :lol: Is that an actual title in the Ashura?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Standard titles are Deshi (HR1 and 2), Kohai (HR3 and 4), Sempai (HR5+), Sensei (people who have gone over and above)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Yeah... every time I see it, I think "Notice me, senpai~"
    meh

• Kross said:
    Trilliana said:
    Klendathu said:
    Yeah... every time I see it, I think "Notice me, senpai~"
    Never
    I guess no moving to Ashtan for me.. *weep*
    meh

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Finally.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Vayne said:
    Finally.
    Back in your corner until I have stollen all of @Lorielan's crystals to build a floating underground city.

• Watch it, @Ourania! I reckon I can send Hashan the way of those pesky Icons!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Ourania said:
    Vayne said:
    Finally.
    Back in your corner until I have stollen all of @Lorielan's crystals to build a floating underground city.

Mmm... stollen...