Seeing what adventurers are wearing

2»

Comments

• I put the theory to the test and I got @Bluef 's result. The items wound up in order of months remaining before decay, with the least months at the top.

• I find this all weird, I keep my vials in a specific order, because sanity, and they always stay in that order. This stuff is weird.
  • Ognog said:
    I put the theory to the test and I got @Bluef 's result. The items wound up in order of months remaining before decay, with the least months at the top.
    I'm an idiot. I didn't drop the items. Dropping them and picking them up in order makes all the difference. Now I see them in the order I pick them up and wear them.

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited March 2015
    Ognog said:
    Ognog said:
    I put the theory to the test and I got @Bluef 's result. The items wound up in order of months remaining before decay, with the least months at the top.
    I'm an idiot. I didn't drop the items. Dropping them and picking them up in order makes all the difference. Now I see them in the order I pick them up and wear them.

Weird indeed! I've tried this, but it doesn't work for me. Crafted items continue to appear in order of decay time with artefacts always appearing first in my appearance no matter of the order they're picked up and worn. I'm really looking forward to having slots so I can assemble Bluef's appearance with more forethought and care.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Sarapis said:
    Yeah, we pretty much decided not to do formal slots and leave them in there informally (the game already knows that shoes cover socks, etc). The changes will be mainly about organization and prioritizing showing what's important first.

Whelp, looks like I need to put Announcements on auto-refresh.

• Sarapis said:
    I've bumped this in priority and designed the system. Is being coded now. Took some inspiration from Ognog's excellent organization of items. Also going to be about looking at your inventory generally as well as someone else's description when you examine them.
    Having recently been trying my hand in Aetolia, I can't tell you how excited this makes me. <3
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    I am both excited and nervous about this.

• I'm just excited.
  • Wow! Just logged in and noticed what has been done. Great work @Sarapis and team! :)

• edited March 2015
    (The Sefyric Mariners Guild): Kenway says, "For those of you with ammo in your inventories. Do -not-
    check your inventory with the new changes."

(The Sefyric Mariners Guild): Kenway says, "You will be very sad very quickly."
    Awesome new addition, @Sarapis and company.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Put some things in packs and kitbags, Tyrannus @Ruth, it's what they're for ;)

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    THIS IS WHY I WAS NERVOUS

• Instead of wailing, may I propose some changes?

http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2431
  • We're putting grouping for stuff back in, don't worry. Just a late-night oversight.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    There's only so many containers I can wear! Also darts on hands makes it easier to darts into ships!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Can we get it changed so that you can't see what a dragon is wearing?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I'm going to have to say, the changes as they are are the most horrible I've seen in a while.

Just submitted a dozen bugs.

On the positive side, they all came back with  has been fixed. The following notes were included: Live in a moment.
    so patch incoming!
  • Instead of wailing, may I propose some changes?
    http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2431
    http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2286
    Both have clean layouts, nice and easy to read compared to what the new implementation is. The grouping would be a huge boon as well as the spacing doesn't distract the eye when trying to find something. If I was to add something I would make Artifacts a different colour or maybe have the colours configurable for inventory by type of item.

I've heard people saying that the clothing are now in wearable order when you look at someone but mine don't seem to be.
    May I suggest a priority list along these lines:

>>crowns, tiara, coronet
    hat, turban, beret, bonnet, headdress, cap, wimple
    bandana, veil, ribbon, headband, hood, snood
    >>diadem, circlet
    >>hairclip, haircomb, hairpin
    mask, blindfold
    >>ear slot for jewelry
    >>eyebrow slot for jewelry
    >>nose slot for jewelry
    >>lip slot for jewelry
    >>Amulets, collars, medallions, pendants, chokers, necklaces, locket, torc
    ruff, cravat, scarf
    cloak, cape, stole, shawl,
    dress, stola, gown, cassock, toga, vestment
    coat, jacket
    robes, doublet, surcoat, tabard, poncho, mantle, smock, apron
    handkerchief, blanket, quilt, towel
    sweater, jumper
    shirt, blouse
    >>armbands
    vest, jerkin, tunic, bodice, waistcoat
    >>cufflinks
    >>bracelets, bangles
    >>finger rings
    gloves, mittens, glove
    undershirt, bra, corset, chemise, nightgown, slip, camisole, shift
    >>NIPPLERINGS
    >>Navelrings
    Suspenders
    garterbelt, belt, sash
    lioncloth
    boxers, panties, briefs
    skirt, kilt, sarong
    petticoat
    breeches, trousers, pantaloons
    hose, leggings, stockings
    socks
    >>Anklets
    >>TOERINGS
    shoes, boots, slippers, sandals, clogs
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited March 2015
    Bluef said:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    She is a beautiful siren. Petite and fine-boned, her lissome body has an ethereal quality, giving 
    the impression that her form wavers upon the line between dream and reality. Shadowy tresses flow 
    from her head in a torrent of languid curls, framing her face before cascading whimsically over her 
    bare shoulders in gentle waves to her trim waist. Tucked behind her ear, the slender stem of a 
    violet flower twists into a velvety whorl of petals. Serene, cobalt blue eyes gaze dreamily from 
    beneath her delicate, dusky lashes and a beguiling smile of contentment drifts across her lips. Pale 
    and unblemished skin, redolent of orchids and the faint scent of crushed tea leaves, follows the 
    supple contours of her nimble physique.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    She is wearing:
    A smoky quartz ring, a graceful suit of ornamental scale mail, a swirling, dove grey cloak, a 
    delicate, smoky-grey tribal dress, a celestial sash of the ancestors, an ebon-feathered obeah belt, 
    soft grey doeskin boots, soft grey doeskin gloves, black jade bracelets, a meditation bracelet of 
    dark jade beads, and a dusky silk veil.
    Containers:
    A shamanic healer's satchel and a medicine pouch.
    Misc:
    A shadowy amulet of Urania, a skeletal brooch, ethereal black swan wings, a dark circlet of silver 
    stars, a black swan-shaped bindi, and a stygian feather pendant.

This is not at all what was discussed in the other thread. We were coming up with ideas to make people's appearance look a bit more organized in terms of how things appear in the description themselves. Specifically, what order items appear in your description. This doesn't even address that. 

Now when people look at me, they don't see an orderly array of personal items carefully arranged to give an impression. They see a jumble of what I'm wearing in categories that don't even make sense (I'm wearing my brooch, my amulet, my wings, my circlet, my bindi and my pendant...so why the hell are they labeled miscellaneous? 

The worst part of this change is that it does not in any way add to the realism of Achaea. I don't look at someone IRL and immediately categorize what they're wearing this way. I don't like this change at all. It's not only ugly and unrealistic either; it is far too lengthy (over 20 lines when I look at someone? REALLY? We were talking in that other thread about how simple is best. This is not simple. :confused: 

I hope the admin plan on making LOOK no longer forceable because someone is bound to abuse this new display system. 

I'm double posting this (from rants) because just..no. I'm sorry for being a Negative Nancy, but this is not what I think many people in this thread had hoped this change would achieve. I'm disappointed. I dislike that I LOOK like an even more jumbled hot mess of items than before. :cry: 

Edit: Can we please get a toggle to turn this feature on/off? I don't want to see it on other people or myself. I want to see things the way they were because although my items were all out of order my total description considerably shorter and easier on everyone's eyes, including my  own.
  • LOOKFULL and LOOK
    INVFULL and INV

The one with the FULL does the new version. I can see how the organization would be nice when needed.

Also, this really does not mean I do not appreciate the work, we really all appreciate the work. Game rocks.
  • Closing this as there's another thread about it in NoT.
This discussion has been closed.