Pittsburgh Meetup

edited March 2015 in The Wander Inn
It seems many are interested so let's set a date and place so us out of staters can plan for traveling . Pick a date and comment a place.
"Kit always gets blood everywhere."
Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

Comments

• I do not know the area so if anyone familiar would like to suggest a meeting place please do so. 

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    8-10 is over mothers day . And I need a bit of time between the decision and now to make certain I have the day/income for it.
    One vote for each. Whee.
  • We need some tie breakers XD

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Sup. Tie broken.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • My schedule's pretty up-in-the-air at the moment, but whichever weekend most folks can make, I'll do my best to make it work! Except for Mother's Day weekend, that's a no-go.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    I will be observing the 10th with performance lutheranism and eggs benedict. The other dates could work.
  • May 15-17 it looks like. 

• edited March 2015
    • Myself and @aegoth are coming in by Train. who knows the area well enough to know what place to meet in the area

• Ok may 15-17 is the official date. I'm going to get my hotel and train tickets.  If it falls through at least a took a mini vaca! ill be staying at the marriott city center if you want to meet there Saturday morning and go out from there. 

hnngh. Okay, anyone know a... cheaper hotel there that doesn't have bedbugs? That would be nice.
  • Downtown is a bit pricey but decided to drive so least I have my car.  There was a courtyard by marriot I saw that want terrible. 

• Anyone else out there coming?  

• I live in pittsburgh so this might be possible

Oh hi. Lachlan and I are planning on coming out. I work Fridays 6am-3pm EST, so we wouldn't leave until 4pm or the following morning (preferably the latter).
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Bump. i almost forgot about this.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Depending on my situation Pittsburgh is only an hour from me and I wouldn't mind attending as I am sure @Ayleth wouldn't mind
  • edited April 2015
    *presses the non-existent IDK option*

@Hhaos, I definitely wouldn't mind if I had a ride out there due to my car being totaled, unless one of our lovely New Yorkers stop in Erie, I'm a little screwed. 

EDIT: And I'll try to have off. Its definitely more than two weeks away.

Daslin is going to try to go too. Will pick him up if necessary.
    So, since 15-17th has the most votes, I'm going to say that it's set in stone now. I count as 2 because I forum for Lachlan now, apparently, and Daslin is hitching a ride with us and we need to get everything squared away with our jobs (except mine because lol all weekends off).
  • I'd have loved to join you all for this, but that weekend is no good for me. have fun!
    I was just informed that Lachlan is unable to take the 15th-17th off.
  • UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    I was scrolling down yon forums list when mine eyes did espy "Pittsburgh". Double yoi!

It is good to have excuses to visit Pittsburgh. This would be a fine one. I can probably come, if it is happening.

• As far as I know this is still happening, I have my hotel all set and my days from work taken, it'll be a long drive but worth it! I've never been before :)

• UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    Aww, balls, the Pirates are out of town that weekend and the Penguins have once again choked out of the playoffs. If you even remotely like baseball, or nice views, you owe it to yourself to take in a game at PNC Park on a clear day. That skyline. :D

• UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    As for Pixburgh...

The Warhol Museum is the tits. Basically anything with "Carnegie" in it is also. Man was an asshole but he sure knew how to spend his philanthropy buxx, gotta respect that. Duck tours along the rivers and down the streets (boss Art Deco buildings galore). Phipps Conservatory. Heinz Tower. The glass castle. Inclines. Primanti's. Hahaha Kennywood even. The local arts culture is really good, esp. considering it's an island in the middle of Pennsyltucky. I'm forgetting a whole bunch of places, but Pittsburgh is a good place to have an interesting tourist time.

• Unfortunately I realized my brother is graduating undergrad this weekend so I can't come :(

I have no way to go now, either, because my family is a bunch of assholes. Sorry guys.