In your opinion, which city is going to be the strongest ten achaean years from now?

edited March 2015 in North of Thera
This forum is relevant to city PvP, and as most know, Ashtan has been the top dog for many years. But Eleusis seems to be on the move to usurp the throne, with Mhaldor and Targossas hot on their heels. But will Ashtan make a come back and maintain their dominance? What do you guys think?

** Considered making the poll anonymous so people wouldn't just vote for their own city, but I decided it would be interesting to see who picked what.. So pick what you actually think!

Comments

• @Nim Cyrene isn't even active in combat, so I don't think they will be exerting their dominance in 10 years. 
  • Ashtan was dominant went I started playing 12 years ago and they're still on top. They seem like a safe bet for both Year 688 AF and 2025 AD.
  • Hashan you're making yourself look worse when all your votes come from your own citizens :)
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Eleusis. We can beat Mhaldor and Ashtan. With a little more training and coordination w could be the strongest..plus...With the new houses, I feel or unity will be greater now.

• My second choice is Anergost, but there are few of us who recall what that was supposed to be.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited March 2015
    You stop stomping on cities for less than a week and people think others are about 'usurp the throne'.

Ridiculous.

#ATeamY700Champs
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• RuthRuth Singapore
    I believe in the day of atrocity!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited March 2015
    AAAAAA
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I'm a traitor to my own cause :( 
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Who is silly enough to think this isn|t the beginning of the revolution

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    I foresee Tecton hitting big red buttons.

• By Ashtan we probably mean the A-team, but even if they all change city, it's still the A-team that's dominating. Anyone that disagrees should wait until the next CTF for a brutal reminder and then get back to me.
  • Hashan is going places. All over the places. Their muscles will not be contained.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    The last CTF was hugely enjoyable, thanks to balancing and self-restraint. You'd have loved it. 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Overwhelming by sheer numbers and turtling (lol)

I recently learned that in vetinary speak, turtling is when a dogs poop keeps going in and out. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • I foresee a genius programmer will join the ranks of Hashan and will give all Hashani godlike scripts, then they will F1 all other cities to death.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    As interesting as it would be otherwise...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

No one seems to have any faith in Targossas

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Our day will come
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Wow...no votes for Targossas.. poor Targ.

Every party has a pooper thats why we invited Daier.

Party pooper

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited March 2015
    Caoimhaen said:
    Wow...no votes for Targossas.. poor Targ.

Cities that let you do literally anything you want are always going to beat RP heavy cities, because that's where all of the lazy combat-only folks are going to go.  If IRE ever wanted to bust the monopoly on combat, making Ashtan RP something other than "hey guys what's up?  Wanna go kill <insert city(s)>?" would be the best start.