Farsight + GOTO with mapper

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a hotkey where I can farsee a target and if it gives a mapper location it will GOTO that location (the clickable link). Any idea how to make this work?

Thanks,
Noak

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    You mean like gotop austere? If you aren't in their area, i do not think it will work, though. 
  • edited March 2015
    Yeah that'd be nice if it was that easy. So currently if I use farsight on someone and they are nearby mapper echos a clickable location number that will cause mapper to speedwalk you to that location if you click it. What I want to do is automatically go there when I use farsight through a hotkey.

Edit: 
    Example: You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Morthif.
    You see that Morthif is at Rally point.  (40513)  (Targossas)

40513 in this case is clickable and will speedwalk me to location 40513 using mapper. 
  • edited March 2015
    This'll probably break for rooms that share a name with another room (like Averrone), but this seems to work for me.

You can just have the key enable the trigger and then use a tempTimer to turn it off again.

Key script:
    enableTrigger("farsee trigger name")
    tempTimer(2, [[disableTrigger("farsee trigger name")]])
    send("farsee " .. target)
    Trigger line: ^You see that \w+ is at (.+)\.$

Trigger script:
    for k in pairs(mmp.searchRoomExact(matches[2])) do
       mmp.gotoRoom(k)
       break
    end
    retired
  • Noak said:
    Yeah that'd be nice if it was that easy. So currently if I use farsight on someone and they are nearby mapper echos a clickable location number that will cause mapper to speedwalk you to that location if you click it. What I want to do is automatically go there when I use farsight through a hotkey.

Edit: 
    Example: You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Morthif.
    You see that Morthif is at Rally point.  (40513)  (Targossas)

40513 in this case is clickable and will speedwalk me to location 40513 using mapper. 
    It is actually that easy, you can farsee them and then type gotop person
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2015
    No need for auto-walking, which is what Seifur's script appears to do. For the clickable link, you need a multiline trigger:

^You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision\, seeking out the presence of (\w+)\.$
    ^You see that (\w+) is at (.+)\.$

And the following in the main window:

mmp.locateAndEchoSide(multimatches[2][3])

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Seifur, you rock!
  • Just an idea, since farsee in-area is the only way to see the room, is to have the map place a marker there the person is located.  I can't remember if I stole this or made it.

if locate_rooms then
    if type(locate_rooms) == "table" then
    for a,b in pairs(locate_rooms) do
    unHighlightRoom(b.id)
    end
    end
    else
    locate_rooms = {}
    end
    locate_rooms = find_target_rooms(matches[3])
    -- color room #351 red to blue
    local r,g,b = unpack(color_table.red)
    local br,bg,bb = unpack(color_table.blue)
    for a, b in pairs(locate_rooms) do
    highlightRoom(b["id"] , 121, 142, 33, 33, 143, 121, 1, 255, 255)
    end

-----------------------------
    @DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.

• Thanks everyone. Vadi's GOTOP works also in addition to Seifur's script. Good stuff!

• edited March 2015

I use this by just tracking the last known location of my target using essentially every location ability/command in the game (including ES <arena>), and have an alias that just expands 'go' into 'expandAlias("gotop "..target)

Works like a charm.

Some other people have "chase" scripts that do this, but I find that far too risky for my blood.
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I was a bit surprised when I noticed farsee not having the correct area if there are different rooms with the same name, but in different areas, being as the area is in gmcp and you know its the same area you're in if you're getting a room name from farsee.
  • It's not optimised just for farsee, it's for any location-using skill - feel free to improve, all mappers code is there.
  • @Vadimuses how do you stop a gotop once you've hit the command? I was running off somewhere far and "stop" didn't stop it.
  • 'gotop' uses the mudlet-mapper "autowalk" function. 'mstop' will stop it.
    retired
  • Seifur said:
    'gotop' uses the mudlet-mapper "autowalk" function. 'mstop' will stop it.
    Thanks!
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Noak try MSTOP
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."