Should I buy an Aldar before the price goes up?

2»

Comments

• at worst they are trying to entice people to buy now.. again it's a business. 
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    I am going to be upset if the raise diadem to 900 credits or something puny. All the people i have suggested to buy. .. ouch.  Honestly, I see it going to 1600, though.  Same as all other weapons.  I do think revealing the knowledge now will relieve a lot of strain people are trying to put on their bank accounts for the purpose of "Maybe" and "if". It would be a very welcome release of divine knowledge,  but it doesn't even effect me.  I have vetoed credit buying and have both the arties.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited March 2015
    I do wonder if this means they will stop balancing classes like magi around the assumption that everyone will have diadem. . Wishful thinking probably. 

Just realized i double posted.  My bad
  • @Tecton, @Sarapis, I think this thread served its purpose. No need for this dude to be an asshat about something he's "not upset about". 

• edited March 2015
    Trey said:
    @Tecton, @Sarapis, I think this thread served its purpose. No need for this dude to be an asshat about something he's "not upset about". 
    I've stated this multiple times, but if you can't separate "I don't care if they raise prices," from, "I don't like that they're not giving the playerbase enough information to make an informed purchase in order to squeeze more money from them" then I really don't know what to say.
  • Sarapis said:
    Amranu said:
    Sarapis said:
    Amranu, if an Aldar Diadem is worth it to you at today's price, buy it at today's price. We'll announce what the price change is when it happens. We could have simply changed prices without letting you know, and then you wouldn't even have the option to buy at the existing price - only at whatever the higher price is. End of discussion really.
    As I've already stated, I don't have a problem with you raising the price on artefacts, that's your prerogative and the community will respond by buying less diadems.

But what you're doing now is extremely shady, forcing people's hand to cough up money if they ever foresee themselves wanting an Aldar Diadem without full information as to what your plans are.

Personally I see this as an extremely disrespectful way to treat your community. There is absolutely no reason for you not to be revealing this information except to put pressure on people to buy a diadem now, instead of in the future for an increase in short-term profit because they don't have enough information to make an informed decision.
    It's shady? So, you'd rather we raise the price immediately without warning, like literally almost every retail establishment in the world does? When was the last time Walmart or the Apple store or Amazon or <pick almost any retail establishment> told you, "The price of thing X will be going up 25 days from now?" You must be shopping at different stores than I do.

And yes, of course we're doing it to put people to spend money now rather than later, and thus help our loyal customers get a bonus they wouldn't have otherwise gotten. Maybe you've not been paying attention, but that is the entire point of every single monthly promo we have.  There's pretty much no reason for us to have them except for that, just like any temporary sales or promos at every other retail establishment in the world.

I'm not sure why you keep referring back to me thinking you raising the price on it's own is shady, obviously it's not. I have said that I wouldn't care if you had raised the price with no notice, that's perfectly reasonable.

Honestly, it is good that you are offering a grace period for people to buy it at the lower price - if they knew what the price was going to be raised to. Without that knowledge, you are pressuring people to spend money in a situation where they otherwise would not, because they don't have enough information to make an informed decision. This is why several people have asked for this information, and yet you continue to choose not to release it. Frankly, it would have been preferable for you to have simply had the price raised rather than to take advantage of your playerbase in such a manner. But since you've provided a grace time, there is no reason for you to not to inform us what the price is going to be raised to other than your bottom line. Considering how much money the average paying player throws into this game, including myself I am rather confused as to why you feel the need to use such cheap tricks to squeeze ever more money out of us.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited March 2015
    If you want it, buy it now while it's technically "discounted". If you can't make a decision/don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. Either way, when they change prices, it'll be upwards and more expensive anyway. I don't see what's the huge fuss.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited March 2015
    I imagine Diadem is probably being split into three artefacts of 5%, 10% and 15% equilibrium reduction at the current standardized prices, which I think makes sense. I'm just annoyed that the uncertainty surrounding the change isn't being cleared up, and is instead being used to increase profit. Honestly Diadem's at any price point aren't currently on my list, I have several other artefacts to get before I even begin to think about it.
  • Voted no because the have-nots are important to make the haves better by contrast. You pleb.
  • Amranu said:
    Sarapis said:
    Amranu said:
    Sarapis said:
    Amranu, if an Aldar Diadem is worth it to you at today's price, buy it at today's price. We'll announce what the price change is when it happens. We could have simply changed prices without letting you know, and then you wouldn't even have the option to buy at the existing price - only at whatever the higher price is. End of discussion really.
    As I've already stated, I don't have a problem with you raising the price on artefacts, that's your prerogative and the community will respond by buying less diadems.

But what you're doing now is extremely shady, forcing people's hand to cough up money if they ever foresee themselves wanting an Aldar Diadem without full information as to what your plans are.

Personally I see this as an extremely disrespectful way to treat your community. There is absolutely no reason for you not to be revealing this information except to put pressure on people to buy a diadem now, instead of in the future for an increase in short-term profit because they don't have enough information to make an informed decision.
    It's shady? So, you'd rather we raise the price immediately without warning, like literally almost every retail establishment in the world does? When was the last time Walmart or the Apple store or Amazon or <pick almost any retail establishment> told you, "The price of thing X will be going up 25 days from now?" You must be shopping at different stores than I do.

And yes, of course we're doing it to put people to spend money now rather than later, and thus help our loyal customers get a bonus they wouldn't have otherwise gotten. Maybe you've not been paying attention, but that is the entire point of every single monthly promo we have.  There's pretty much no reason for us to have them except for that, just like any temporary sales or promos at every other retail establishment in the world.

I'm not sure why you keep referring back to me thinking you raising the price on it's own is shady, obviously it's not. I have said that I wouldn't care if you had raised the price with no notice, that's perfectly reasonable.

Honestly, it is good that you are offering a grace period for people to buy it at the lower price - if they knew what the price was going to be raised to. Without that knowledge, you are pressuring people to spend money in a situation where they otherwise would not, because they don't have enough information to make an informed decision. This is why several people have asked for this information, and yet you continue to choose not to release it. Frankly, it would have been preferable for you to have simply had the price raised rather than to take advantage of your playerbase in such a manner. But since you've provided a grace time, there is no reason for you to not to inform us what the price is going to be raised to other than your bottom line. Considering how much money the average paying player throws into this game, including myself I am rather confused as to why you feel the need to use such cheap tricks to squeeze ever more money out of us.

Yes, we are encouraging people to spend now. Again, that's the purpose of every single monthly promo. Players ask to know what the next monthly promo is all the time, for instance - we don't release it. I'm sure people ask Amazon when things will be on sale too, and I'm equally sure what the answer is. 

If you feel a Diadem is worth it at the price today, I suggest buying it now. The price is going up at the end of the month. If you feel it's worth buying then, do so. If not, don't. Pretty simple.
  • @Sarapis: I think the gist of Amranu's concern as of present is just wanting to know what the new price/s(?) for the Diadem is/are going to be(the plural terms are for the speculation on whether there will be a tiered eq recovery bonus), preferably before the grace period is over. 

• I'd like to point out no one is being forced it buying it now. We're just getting forewarning the price will be raised.
     :/ 
  • Tahquil said:
    I'd like to point out no one is being forced it buying it now. We're just getting forewarning the price will be raised.
     :/ 
    Yep. If you feel like it's worth it now, buy it at this price. If you don't, don't, but it's going to be pricier come the end of the month.
  • Agreed nothing shady here. Sure it'd be nice to know the discount of current over future price, but you never really know. My gas station doesn't tell me what the new price will be or when, but it is going to change.

Sarapis already gave the regular retail comparison.

Appreciative that they warned of the change. No interest in that artefact, but it would have been worse for me if I was planning on getting it but didn't know it was going to change and then bam... Not enough credits by a long shot, when I had the gold in game to covet the existing shortfall for example.

Sorta long-winded... Sorry! 
  • So, back on topic, I was kinda thinking I should grab it too. I only have another artefact, a SoA, and I am a Runewarden, so I thought I would not gain much, but everyone says it is really good overall and maybe I get bored of my current class on my way to becoming a Dragon... :confounded: 
  • Synbios said:
    @Sarapis: I think the gist of Amranu's concern as of present is just wanting to know what the new price/s(?) for the Diadem is/are going to be(the plural terms are for the speculation on whether there will be a tiered eq recovery bonus), preferably before the grace period is over. 
    It's pretty clear they aren't releasing that. They wouldn't have bothered making the announcement if it was just going up 25 credits.

• If your class can benefit from equilbrium or plan on becoming dragon then yes it's recommended. 

If you feel it's something you will be using frequently, then buy it. 

It's generally up to you overall. 

I voted yes, because we do not know exactly what the price could be, but really we know that the price could be going up. So it's up to you to either wait and risk for possibly a lesser increase, or buy now and not take the risk. 

Honestly, I've been a majority of class and have loved having my diadem, regardless of the class. So essentially if you were wondering, yes it does help even on a general level. 

• WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Will sell my body for a diadem since I don't have the cash. Is there a pimp your body pay option?
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • Wessux said:
    Will sell my body for a diadem since I don't have the cash. Is there a pimp your body pay option?
    No, but depending on what you're willing to shell out I can probably do a loan. I've already got 5k credits loaned out already, what's another 850?

• Trey said:
    Wessux said:
    No, but depending on what you're willing to shell out I can probably do a loan. I've already got 5k credits loaned out already, what's another 850?
    You sound like some kind of evil saint...
  • Razzlo said:
    Trey said:
    Wessux said:
    You sound like some kind of evil saint...
    Interest makes the world go 'round.