Artefact Package ideas

This is a discussion of artefact packages, not new artefacts. I will definitely buy one of these if they are put up!

Brute Force $180 (same price/credit value as 'Open your mind')
Hunter's Belt (400cr)
Ogre's Gauntlets (500cr)

Quick Escape $200 (same as 'Fleet footed')
Vibrating Stick (800cr)
Armband of Celerity (500cr)

Comments

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Thanks, @Tecton, you're the best! :)
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Phaestus Toolkit
    $130
    Hammer of Forging (400 credits)
    Gilded Page (to get the master forger trait) (100 credits)
    Drinking Horn (150 credits)

Based off what I can tell everything is backing out to $.20/credit
  • Case of baby turtles. $40

-sagenod-
  • Case of baby turtle soup you mean?
  • How about some new Shop of Wonders items? =P

• Perhaps a package of 1/2/3 permanent tattoos
  • The 'Quick Escape' package referenced above is a cool one.
  • Yeah. Always wanted to be a mhun with a 4th movement step. But affordably of course.

@Tecton I don't know if this has been addressed before, but artie packages are the only place Iron Elite doesn't benefit. *nudge, nudge*
    Then again, every package seems to have a different discount percent. You guys are nutty.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I've seen discounts range from 50% to 30%. So here's my addition.

Deep Thinker - $250
    Robes of the Magi (1000), Ring of Meditation (300)

$0.295 x 1300 = $383.5
    $383.5 x 0.65 = $249.275 (35% discount)

I think I could inscribe without ever sipping again! :D

• Assassin's Dirk
    Ranger's Bow
    Viper's Coil

• edited December 2012
    The big issues I have with the artefact packages are:
    1. I already bought a ton of credits last month which I still haven't spent (I was kind of hoping for another straight discount on artefacts).
    2. I already have most of the artefacts included in the existing packages - the ones I don't have I generally don't want or aren't high on my list of priorities, and are spread across multiple packages. They all seem to be targetting people with next to no artefacts currently.
    3. Some of the artefacts I'm looking at buying are level upgrades, which aren't covered by the packages (I don't really see how that could work).
    4. The artefacts I'm looking at buying don't make any packages that make sense, and probably wouldn't be of much use to anybody other than myself (also see 1 - I have no desire to spend more money).

Not that it's a big issue; not all sales are going to be of use to everybody.

@Xith: If you buy an armband of celerity and remain Mhun I'd say you've wasted 500 credits (or however much you've spent on the armband as part of a package). The difference between not having celerity and having it is pretty huge, the difference between having celerity plus an armband and having only one of them is considerably less so.

• edited December 2012
    Maybe. I still enjoy playing a Mhun with an armband though. It's particularly nice if you regularly have to cross distances in the wilderness.
  • edited December 2012
    I don't think an armband as a mhun is a waste, it's just good instead of amazing. With auto-walking (Edit: or the wilderness, as Iocun pointed out), it's basically 33% faster instead of 50% faster. It's less significant for manual walking, but still a noticeable improvement unless you type slow or have a crappy connection.
  • edited December 2012
    Unkillable:

Lyre (500)
    Ring of Magus (275)
    Girdle of the Titans (1000)
    Ceylonese Bracelet (700)

$500 comes out to .20/cr
  • Antonius said:
    The big issues I have with the artefact packages are:
    1. I already bought a ton of credits last month which I still haven't spent (I was kind of hoping for another straight discount on artefacts).
    2. I already have most of the artefacts included in the existing packages - the ones I don't have I generally don't want or aren't high on my list of priorities, and are spread across multiple packages. They all seem to be targetting people with next to no artefacts currently.
    3. Some of the artefacts I'm looking at buying are level upgrades, which aren't covered by the packages (I don't really see how that could work).
    4. The artefacts I'm looking at buying don't make any packages that make sense, and probably wouldn't be of much use to anybody other than myself (also see 1 - I have no desire to spend more money).

Not that it's a big issue; not all sales are going to be of use to everybody.

@Xith: If you buy an armband of celerity and remain Mhun I'd say you've wasted 500 credits (or however much you've spent on the armband as part of a package). The difference between not having celerity and having it is pretty huge, the difference between having celerity plus an armband and having only one of them is considerably less so.

Ok.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Iocun said:
    Halios said:
    Unkillable:

Lyre (500)
    Ring of Magus (275)
    Girdle of the Titans (1000)
    Ceylonese Bracelet (700)
    Seven Earrings of Sinope
    I laughed at first, then I frowned.
  • Honestly though, I would buy an earring package.
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    edited December 2012
    Jet-setting Casanova
    10 earrings of Sinope

:D

But seriously, thought of a priestly one:

Devoted
    Tuning fork (200cr)
    Odyssean Mace (350cr)
    Shield of Absorption (500cr)

Healthy
    Ring of Noxtra (500cr)
    Mayan ring (500cr)
    Mayan bracelet (350cr)
  • Yeah, that was what I thought yesterday when looking through them and not really seeing any combo I'd actually buy (partly because most of the things I already have one of but not the other or whatever).
  • Cooper said:
    They should just let you mix and match artefacts that you want and then give a random discount when you go to buy that is linked to your character.

So you put in Cooper. Level 3 knuckles. Level 2 mana sip ring. *click submit*. You receive a discount of 25% and pay x dollars! Yay.
    This is a good idea.

I think more people would buy.
  • That is actually a really good idea.
  • 2-artefact mix & match (25% discount)
    3-artefact mix & match (20% discount)

Could be fair if:
    a) lesser discounts for the customisability, OR
    b) you have to prove how your chosen artefacts are related and provide a theme

Except this just ends of resembling the 30% artie discount sale they did a couple months ago, so I imagine they'll just throw one of those in half a year from now.

• Stat Whore:
    Level 1, 2, or 3 for all stats:  $(don't feel like doing the math)

Shield Whore:
    Permanent Shield tattoo, SoA, and Lyre

Artie Whore:
    All arties: $10,000

Pet Whore:  Penwize
  • Jhui said:
    Pet Whore:  Penwize
    Would pay good money for a sixth pet. :(