Sentinel/Druid changes

Comments

• ^ From experience, and looking at all the abilities and how they function.. Can safely say there's no drawback to using them in a group scenario. Much the same way that there's zero drawback to using an Inferno in MKO. Defending team with them, if they have a holder of it that knows what they're doing, can rarely ever lose.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    On the clouds (indoors).
    Vines have overtaken this location. A ladder of long, soft leaves comprises a
    wispy Weaver's Fern along the ground. A nebulous water weird is here.  The
    Silver Dragon Skarash's imposing form looms.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west,
    northwest, up, down, and in.

• I'm not seeing the problem.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• It's somewhat surprisin they van be used at a place like clouds
  • Not really. I mean, you can already set traps up there (hang them off clouds?), prop totems (in what, a surprisingly-solid cloud?), and do all sorts of stuff that doesn't really make all that much sense without the "it's magic" excuse.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Sarathai, you know that propping totems isn't the same as implanted, right? It requires a person to hold the totem and it's not an independent ability like the other examples are.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    @Sarathai, you know that propping totems isn't the same as implanted, right? It requires a person to hold the totem and it's not an independent ability like the other examples are.
    You can implant them up there too, can't you?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sarathai said:
    Kyrra said:
    Negative. No implanting and no raido runes.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Sarathai said:
    Not really. I mean, you can already set traps up there (hang them off clouds?), prop totems (in what, a surprisingly-solid cloud?), and do all sorts of stuff that doesn't really make all that much sense without the "it's magic" excuse.
    I wasn't talking in terms of realism but balance. Traps are in no way equal in power to reclamation and neither are propped totems, not to mention you can't implant totems there either.
  • edited March 2015
    Kyrra said:
    Sarathai said:
    Kyrra said:
    Negative. No implanting and no raido runes.
    Didn't know that (never had totems and don't have wings to use Skies). My mistake, then - bad example.

• The "it's new let's wait to see if it's OP" is not a good stance to have when there are glaring issues with a skill's group presence. Frankly, any time one side is able to have a significant terrain advantage with little counter play (five firelashes a room is not counter play), there's an issue.

Put a limit on the number of rooms you can reclaim at one time (can even add an artefact to increase this) and make it easier for an opponent to declaim a room (one firelash if owner is not present, two if they are) will make it far more palatable.

side note: Even if every skill also affects your allies, you still have the advantage of controlling those skills. Unless there is a significant chance to mess your own group up (which there may be, pending various things), this isn't as much as a drawback as there needs to be.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    have you fought against/with this ability yet

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I love all the "that looks way cooler than my skills but I can't switch so I must jump on a bandwagon trying to get the skill nerfed so it isn't as cool even though I've no experience fighting against it nor do I even know anyone who does" comments. It makes this such an informed and exhilarating game. 
  • So five people with fire lash rings can't just all simultaneously use firelash? I mean, it's not like firelash is some super exclusive, faction specific ability. 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I always felt OOC bad about exterminations. 

Don't feel bad about exterming these vines, though. :D
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Why are there vines on the clouds? Is it like Jack and the Beanstalk? There's treasure to be had now in areas "Above the clouds"? :open_mouth: 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

@Makarios

What is the natural "decay" rate of reclaimed rooms (which begins presumably after the reclaimer has left the Realms)? I thought at first reclaimed rooms would be like wormholes, in that they stuck around until a person actively removes them, but of course now it occurs to me how OP that would be, haha.

• edited March 2015
    Krypton said:

@Makarios

What is the natural "decay" rate of reclaimed rooms (which begins presumably after the reclaimer has left the Realms)? I thought at first reclaimed rooms would be like wormholes, in that they stuck around until a person actively removes them, but of course now it occurs to me how OP that would be, haha.

Anecdotal data-- logging out for 7 hours means your reclaimed rooms are no longer reclaimed. Not sure when they actually reverted, though.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2015
    Kuy said:
    The "it's new let's wait to see if it's OP" is not a good stance to have when there are glaring issues with a skill's group presence. Frankly, any time one side is able to have a significant terrain advantage with little counter play (five firelashes a room is not counter play), there's an issue.

Put a limit on the number of rooms you can reclaim at one time (can even add an artefact to increase this) and make it easier for an opponent to declaim a room (one firelash if owner is not present, two if they are) will make it far more palatable.

side note: Even if every skill also affects your allies, you still have the advantage of controlling those skills. Unless there is a significant chance to mess your own group up (which there may be, pending various things), this isn't as much as a drawback as there needs to be.
    To be fair, I don't think Achaea is doing the let's wait to see if it's OP stance, they've been testing this and working on it for prob 2-3 years if not longer. What we are getting is the I don't think we can do much better setup.

Oh the other hand with Eleusis' main class branch being changed like this it makes the game world slightly difficult because even if something isn't over powered it still seems like it when you don't understand how it works and how to avoid it.

But unlike every other factions classes, Eleusis has 3, which all just got reworked.
    Targ has 2 and Priest is getting reworked all the time because it's to hard to balance.
    Paladin got reworked, but it's the same as all the other knights basically.

Infernal got reworked as well as Paladin.
    Apostate isn't getting majorly reworked as I have seen.

Occultist got a huge rework awhile back, with slight nerfs here and there.

that's actually it for factional classes isn't it.

• All I'm saying is entrenchment combat sucks the fun out of any group combat situation, let alone entrenchment combat that requires five people to properly combat against.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • The effects of reclamation don't discriminate between enemies and allies, except for some targetted abilities which have cooldowns, I don't think entrenchment is going to be a big deal
  • Amranu said:
    The effects of reclamation don't discriminate between enemies and allies, except for some targetted abilities which have cooldowns, I don't think entrenchment is going to be a big deal
    I don't think that sounded nearly reactionary or knee-jerky enough.  Try again!
  • Amranu said:
    The effects of reclamation don't discriminate between enemies and allies, except for some targetted abilities which have cooldowns, I don't think entrenchment is going to be a big deal
    Which abilities?
  • The AB files are posted, please tell me you're not ranting about a skill you haven't even read the ab files on when they're readily available.
  • RomRom
    edited March 2015
    http://pastebin.com/CVVLcsWe <- from Naverre
    For some greater clarity regarding balance:
    All assuming Nimble, balance only tested once per ability at the time of this posting
    Beginning and expanding takes a few seconds of balance and you have to pause all actions during both.
    Takes varying time based on environment, but it is 3 seconds of balance to expand and 4 seconds of balance to begin a fresh one.

Relinquishing takes a ~2.3 seconds of balance and can be done anywhere.

Forestwalk is about ~2.8s balance, stopped by mono.

Turning on lash takes ~4s balance, hits everyone except caster and lasts about 90 seconds. Haven't tested damage type much but I'll guess cutting, was hitting about 5%/10s on Iakimen who had a TF, barkskin, etc.

Turning on Sleepspores takes ~4s balance, hits everyone except caster with single ticks of sleep once ever 10 seconds. <-Does not hit those with BREATHING defense.

Knowledge takes ~3.1s balance, detects everyone that is standing on your reclaimed land, and can only be used while standing on reclaimed land. Have not tested with phase/blackwind.

Omniscience takes ~4.4s balance, detects and alerts every time anyone talks into a reclaimed room, PER ROOM, so it gets very spammy. You do not have to be standing on reclaimed land to sense, but you do have to begin sensing from reclaimed land.It detects souls, burrowed people, flying people, does not detect evading people. I haven't tested phase/blackwind.

Consume takes ~4s balance to begin, and will tick at intervals to consume corpses, not sure on the intervals since I have not tested.

Constrict takes ~3s balance, can only be used on reclaimed land of course. The writhe time for this is always either 2s or 3s, just like Hydra Bind. Also like Hydra Bind, it has a 12 second internal cooldown

Turning on Poisonspores takes ~4s balance, hits everyone except caster for venom damage that has hit most people for about 8%/10 likely due to their resists. <-Does not hit those with BREATHING defense.

Turning on Pollen takes ~4s balance, hits everyone except caster for asphyix damage that has hit most people for about 10%/10. <-Does not hit those with BREATHING defense.

Turning on Refresh takes ~4s balance, heals everyone including caster 10%/10s and last about 90 seconds. <-Does not hit those with BREATHING defense.

Ward is a balanceless defense that allows the reclaimed room the owner is standing in to be un-killable.

Embrace takes ~2.8s balance, and is an instakill. It can be used on your reclaimed land or adjacent to it. Requires both of their arms and legs to require restoration salve curing (full breaks!).

Wrath takes ~4.6s balance and explodes all of your reclaimed land. You have to be standing on the land to do this, and it will hit you too! I hit myself with it for 38%, and it hits through both lyre and shield.

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • edited March 2015
    it seem that most of those reclamation are useless if one does hold breath. ALso, in my opinion, I think forestwalk cooldown should be reduced...

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Embrace requirements seem a bit ridiculous. ..useful if they don't know about serverside healing or are just dumb, i guess. 
  • RomRom
    edited March 2015
    Embrace is totally doable. Assuming they are curing normally and aren't blacked out or something, then it basically requires using shatter at least once which is probably why they made quarterstaff shatter-viable. You can break head for torc, but the only way to break head realistically is using bash with quarterstaff since Hydra doesn't have a Headclamp. This makes rebounding an issue, so have to time around that if they have that option. Can get around arc too by changing up the breaks, but won't get past Basilisk gaze!
    Have to keep in mind that Druid preps very fast and can bypass parry entirely. Also note that you can use Embrace immediately after using clamp.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/833b3ae0
    ^ Example kill using most basic setup.

EDIT: Forgot to mention in my previous post that all of those reclamation abilities can be toggled off without using balance, and can be toggled off without being inside reclaimed area.

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Caladbolg said:

Oh the other hand with Eleusis' main class branch being changed like this it makes the game world slightly difficult because even if something isn't over powered it still seems like it when you don't understand how it works and how to avoid it.

Except @Kuy does understand it and how it works, probably better than most people here because he's had to deal with those same exact mechanics for years. Don't discount his experience with demesne mechanics simply because it's a new skill. His points are very valid and this kind of mechanic ha been shown to be extremely unhealthy for combat as a whole in the other IRE games that have it.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Rom said:
    Embrace is totally doable. Assuming they are curing normally and aren't blacked out or something, then it basically requires using shatter at least once which is probably why they made quarterstaff shatter-viable. You can break head for torc, but the only way to break head realistically is using bash with quarterstaff since Hydra doesn't have a Headclamp. This makes rebounding an issue, so have to time around that if they have that option. Can get around arc too by changing up the breaks, but won't get past Basilisk gaze!
    Have to keep in mind that Druid preps very fast and can bypass parry entirely. Also note that you can use Embrace immediately after using clamp.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/833b3ae0
    ^ Example kill using most basic setup.

Hot