New Areas

AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
So who's exited for what's (from what I can tell) being hyped up as the largest area release in quite some time? WHOOOOOOOO!

Ideas, thoughts, what you'd like to see? New bashing areas, new questlines, new honours quests, anything you'd like to see for the release of these areas, or that you'd like to see brought back? Point out any interesting bits of information about them that ye've picked up around Sapience or the forums too, if ye'd like.

P.S. Eta on Fuschal/Myrinia/Crysinn @Tecton? ;)
Huh. Neat.

Comments

• I don't think anyone's hyping it up yet, though I'm glad you're excited! It's a long ways from release.
  • Wut?

(adding more text for requirement)

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sarapis said:
    I don't think anyone's hyping it up yet, though I'm glad you're excited! It's a long ways from release.
    Gonna go back to my corner and cry now. Thanks for making my day @Sarapis :D
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Sarapis : Vaguely related, are there still such things as mortal builders or were the removed completely in favour for celani/slave labour?
  • There are mortal builders, yes, but they don't look like a very active group. Last post on the forum group for them is from November. 
  • Ahmet said:
    new honours quests
    I hate time-limited ones that are "you can attempt it once at a specific time of month and if not you have to wait until next month to try again" or the like, though. Please no more of those.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Ahmet said:
    new honours quests
    I hate time-limited ones that are "you can attempt it once at a specific time of month and if not you have to wait until next month to try again" or the like, though. Please no more of those.
    Or ones where anyone can try to do part of it, and they can fail, and whether they succeed or fail no one else can do it until the next year... I'm looking at you, Istarion.
  • Sarapis said:
    There are mortal builders, yes, but they don't look like a very active group. Last post on the forum group for them is from November. 

Probably all died off.

Mortals are a flimsy and fickle folk.

• edited March 2015
    Sarapis said:
    There are mortal builders, yes, but they don't look like a very active group. Last post on the forum group for them is from November. 
    @Sarapis, do the mortal builders have a tendency to not do their jobs (i.e. they're active in-game or whatever, but not building), or is it that they're people who've mostly gone dormant?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Sarapis said:
    @Sarapis, do the mortal builders have a tendency to not do their jobs (i.e. they're active in-game or whatever, but not building), or is it that they're people who've mostly gone dormant?
    Related question: Might there be a call for mortal builders in the near future if the current group isn't very active?
  • Sarathai said:
    Sarapis said:
    I can't really comment much insofar as I've not been directly involved with mortal builders for a decade. 

I will say though that almost everyone who hasn't been involved in game development before dramatically underestimates the amount of work it takes to do anything, and so often I think what happens is people bite off more than they can chew, get dispirited, and decide to give up.

• Bluef said:
    Sarathai said:
    Sarapis said:
    Related question: Might there be a call for mortal builders in the near future if the current group isn't very active?
    Maybe. The question is more whether we have a need for them. Mortal builders aren't able to build areas on their own. It requires a lot of experienced divine help and oversight. 
    Sarapis said:

Bluef said:
    Sarathai said:
    Sarapis said:
    Maybe. The question is more whether we have a need for them. Mortal builders aren't able to build areas on their own. It requires a lot of experienced divine help and oversight. 
    Call for celani?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Soon, soon.
    Sarapis said:
    Soon, soon.
    Squeeeeeeeeee
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Naverre said:
    Sarathai said:

Or ones where anyone can try to do part of it, and they can fail, and whether they succeed or fail no one else can do it until the next year... I'm looking at you, Istarion.
    Uhh.. with a little resourcefulness, you can eliminate the once-a-year aspect to that quest. I could complete the quest every month if I wanted to.
  • Sarapis said:
    Soon, soon.
    i want hand in being mortal buildier.. I'm not ready to be celani(im still attached to my lovely character)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.