Can we just delete torc already?

Comments

• No, go away.
  • Yes, it makes sense.
  • inb4 cynical comment regarding anti-torc barrier pendant artefact and also anti-barrier torcs and they go as high as lv99 but auction lv100 versions will be sold. this is not that comment, just a tribute.
  • Torc has interesting applications that don't involve making certain class' offensive capabilities explode.  Rather than deleting it, just slow it down.
  • I'm buying a torc naow.
  • It's probably weird for me to say this, but I don't mind artefacts giving new options - as long as they're well balanced against existing options.
  • The difference is torc divides the pvp playerbase between those that can hinder and maintain momentum while hindered, and those that cannot.
  • Actually monk class does that. Torc expands who can.
  • Monk isn't stacking afflictions for much other than hinder - torc allows classes like Serpent, knights etc to maintain any stack afflictions while hindered.
  • If the eq on it was increased to something like a 3s base that would be fair.
  • Pretty sure you mean Torc plus Diadem.
  • Nobody in this game has a torc without a diadem. Be realistic.

• My bad. If you want I can just derail this whole thing into another discussion about how pirates are assholes?
  • Kinilan said:
    Actually monk class does that. Torc expands who can.
    No they don't. Monks don't use affliction pressure. 

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Add another vote for just slowing it down. It's an interesting artefact that has powerful (but not overly so) defensive options, it's the offensive applications that step out of line. 3.5s or so (3s with a Diadem, under with QW) sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Torc is such a broken artefact. The implications of giving some momentum classes ~1 second balance stupidity or paralysis while prone/paralyzed/entangled through shield/rebounding really breaks some classes. I think this applies to occultists the most.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited March 2015
    Would rather see it completely removed than nerfed to the level suggested.  Removal would also reduce classes relying so heavily on it, such as magi, and make them easier to balance across the board.  While impurity was introduced,  i still use torc for paralysis and stupidity because of all the benefits associated. 
  • XerXer Langley
    How else am I going to stop Caladbolg's cleaves while prone and in piety and ret and being rekt?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • It's a pretty overpowered artefact.

It's really good for momentum affliction classes.

Also, torc completely breaks shatter/behead/etc.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Xer said:
    How else am I going to stop Caladbolg's cleaves while prone and in piety and ret and being rekt?
    Use your credit refund to buy earrings. 
  • Remove the ability to use it prone, slow the balance to at least 2.5 seconds, fixed.
  • XerXer Langley
    I already have 12 earrings. I could use 11 more, but meh. Also, earrings doesn't stop you when you're prone, paralysed, with broken legs to stop him from cleaving some other nub.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • edited March 2015
    Jovolo said:
    Remove the ability to use it prone, slow the balance to at least 2.5 seconds, fixed.

This seems fair, but is not an adjustment as much as it's a total redesign of what it does.  What you're suggesting is essentially a completely different artefact.  If it was "tweaked" (as has already occurred half a dozen times), that'd be one thing, but I (like many others) bought it for exactly what it does (allow ways to stop cheap crap in retardation or behead/shatter during partial locks), which would absolutely no longer be what it does at all.

In fact, what you're suggesting would essentially be useless.  

I would absolutely demand a refund if this went in.  Not saying it is a bad suggestion - but I would definitely no longer want or need it, and would feel very cheated if I wasn't offered my money back for what would essentially be a shade of gray away from deleting it entirely.

As for classes working torc into their offense to stack affs, I thought this was already "fixed"?  It can't be chained with anything (that I'm aware of) and has a significantly slower affliction rate than basically every class in the game's class abilities offer (most [if not all] of which include paralysis).

This would also pretty much require some class balance considerations, as currently the existence of torc is assumed for high-end combat balance, and without it, a lot of setups that used to be survivable become essentially guaranteed kills.

Roll out Torc deletion (or "fix") with multiclass, and offer a refund.  I'd be too busy being ecstatic about going back to serpent to be pissed off about Torc, and I'd have some extra credits to help fund the change-over.
  • Torc just needs deleted. It's absolutely broken for some classes offensively, and broken defensively for any class against timed instant kills.

• ^ agreed completely
  • Deletion vote here
  • Rezzing because torc is dumb. Please kill with hellfire.
  • Deleted. Thanks for pushing this :D, this makes my life such easier.