What have you performed today?

2»

Comments

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Lorielan said:
    Finally, bear in mind that this is a game, if you want people to stay with you for half an hour, give them something to do, make it interactive. 
    Shirszae asked me to cobble together some ideas, having unsuccessfully challenged others:
    • Intermission: 7 or 9 minutes (people like odd numbers), time for beverages and banter or IRL stuff;
    • Singable chorus: pass out the chorus your favorite state hymn, enforce singing, hand names of nonsinging individuals to your secret police;
    • Storytelling & Music: force accessible, fun roles on as many people in your audience as possible; public humiliation performs a necessary bonding function.
    • Don't make your performance pitch-perfect: knock a podium over, awkwardly read from the wrong note, spill the ritual blood on your brand new shirt that you just had designed last week and couldn't you just be more careful. Don't overuse this device, however, or everyone will come to expect a flub in your performance and it won't have the same effect
  • Herenicus said:
    • Singable chorus: pass out the chorus your favorite state hymn, enforce singing, hand names of nonsinging individuals to your secret police;
    • Storytelling & Music: force accessible, fun roles on as many people in your audience as possible; public humiliation performs a necessary bonding function.
    Funniest damn thing I've read in awhile. It deserves its own quote box.

Any who, I'm sure there is a Cyrenian or closet Hashani performer out there that would like to share their work. Otherwise I'm going to start boring people with more dance terminology. The collective groaning would only fuel my passion.
    Focus on results and you'll never see progress. Focus on progress and you'll see results.
  • I want to see more @Tristyn performance stuff. :)
    Lord Marshal Hasar Lichlord's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "No one panick." #2015PEACEthedream!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Man I should have logged all of that. I did not, for some reason. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Herenicus said:
    • Don't make your performance pitch-perfect: knock a podium over, awkwardly read from the wrong note, spill the ritual blood on your brand new shirt that you just had designed last week and couldn't you just be more careful. Don't overuse this device, however, or everyone will come to expect a flub in your performance and it won't have the same effect
    Slippin' Jimmy.

I know, I know
  • edited February 2015
    A question regarding rituals, performances, events, and etc. Is there a custom to stay others from raiding during it? I know each game has their own way of doing that, the last one I played had an ooc channel. I feel it is kind of OOC to say to people over tells, "hey, a**hole, I'm performing something I spent hours writing. Don't mess with my shit."
    Focus on results and you'll never see progress. Focus on progress and you'll see results.
  • Tristyn said:
    A question regarding rituals, performances, events, and etc. Is there a custom to stay others from raiding during it? I know each game has their own way of doing that, the last one I played had an ooc channel. I feel it is kind of OOC to say to people over tells, "hey, a**hole, I'm performing something I spent hours writing. Don't mess with my shit."
    Sending a tell or message that is marked to be clearly Ooc is usually the way to go. Most people do not want to mess up events and or rituals, unless messing up the ritual is part of the event. 
    Lord Marshal Hasar Lichlord's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "No one panick." #2015PEACEthedream!
  • Ast said:
    Tristyn said:
    Sending a tell or message that is marked to be clearly Ooc is usually the way to go. Most people do not want to mess up events and or rituals, unless messing up the ritual is part of the event. 
    Fantastic! I luckily haven't had an event disturbed, well except for one my graduations, so I wasn't sure how people usually handled it. I just have one of my more intricate ones happening in the future, but if OOC tells are acceptable here that will be wonderful.
  • edited March 2015
    I typically don't even bother sending an OOC message. Usually just ask for them to leave and suggest the reason is because of a performance. Every one I've ever had it with has been kind enough to oblige.

Also do it sometimes when there isn't a reason just so that they can say no sometimes without being jerks. 

• edited March 2015
    Here is a small ritual performed for my final task for graduation in my house. It was early morning, so not a lot of people were there but that was okay! It made me less nervous. Thanks @Aegoth for showing up, I literally was laughing my ass off at your OOC chatter. I felt kind of sad that you couldn't emote as a soul!

--- Centre of Silverbright Square  36:0:0 ---

The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. There are 2 Riverwall bow-maidens here. Graceful arcs of water stream from an immense fountain, in the centre of which is poised an alabaster angel.

You see Tristyn.

She is wearing:

a strand of Targossian prayer beads

a blue crystal brooch

a simple silver necklace

a hooded cloak of icy hues with the hood raised

a flowing white dress

an ecclesiastical cobalt sash

and heeled sandals of silver.

Lowering the hood of her cloak, Tristyn shakes out her beaded braids as she stands before her small makeshift altar she prepared earlier. Her solemn, grey eyes scan the general area, not looking at anyone one person in particular. A faint smile flits across her lips.

You carefully lower the hood on a hooded cloak of icy hues.

Lordoras drops to one knee.

You say cordially, "Salutations, brethren. It brings me abundant joy to see you assembled here during a tumotulous time. You may stand, sit, or kneel at your discretion. Let us begin."

Tetsuya drops to one knee.

Tristyn sinks down into a knelt position before a pyramidal copper bowl. On either side of the basin are several smaller tin bowls containing daisy petals, spikes of wheat, incense powder, and ashes. Placed to her right is a bundle of wood and a candle.

Gathering a sandalwood bundle, Tristyn lowers it into the basin bowl before producing a vial of oil from her pocket.

Tristyn presses her hands together in a worshipful manner with the vial carefully balanced between her fingers.

You say solemnly, "We are gathered here today to reflect, to let go, and to recommit."

You say solemnly, "But before we journey on, let us consecrate this time together."

Bending her head down humbly, Tristyn begins to recite her blessing, "Hail to our holy divine, Lady Aurora and Lord Deucalion. May you guide your devoted through this time of reflection and sacrifice, and may our hearts be opened for change."

Tristyn raises her eyes to meet the audience, with a resolute expression, and delicately tips the vial of oil over to douse the wood before pocketing it once again.

Taking a wax candle from the ground, Tristyn lights it with a tinderbox and presents it to the spectators, "With the flame of this candle, representing truth replacing ignorance, the time of sacrifice will have commenced."

You say gravely, "As I speak the next four lines, I would like for each of you to speak the words -May our commitments never falter- after them. With each line, I will subsequently place the offering into the fire."

Tristyn stretches her hand out over the copper basin and lights the sandalwood pyre with the candle. She snuffs the candle with the tips of her fingers and sets it to the side.

As the flame arises to consume the kindling, Tristyn takes the bowl of daisy petals in her hands. She raises it up towards the heavens as her countenance is overcome with reverence.

You chant reverentially, "Unto the Fire, we offer the symbol of innocence in tribute to that which we are to protect."

You tilt your head and listen intently.

Angellissi says, "May our commitments never falter."

Aodfionn chants in a low, growling voice, "May our commitments never falter."

Lordoras says solemnly with a Hashani accent, "May our commitments never falter."

Tetsuya says in a quiet voice, "May our commitments never falter."

Tristyn empties the pastel petals into the fire. They slowly curl into themselves before dispersing.

Tristyn deftly picks up the bowl of wheat and lifts it up between her two hands in brief supplication.

You chant passionately, "Unto the light, we offer the symbol of flourishing in reflection of the perfect state of Creation."

Lordoras says solemnly with a Hashani accent, "May our commitments never falter."

Tristyn pours the bowl into the fire as her grey eyes reflect the flames that are gradually intensifying.

Tristyn picks up a darkened bowl of ashes and sets her mouth into a grim line. She holds it steadily above the blaze.

You chant heatedly, "Unto the fire, we offer the symbol of sorrow in recollection of the wrongs committed against Creation."

Angellissi says, "But I prefer sunflowers. They smell nicer and probably have a lot more to say."

Angellissi looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

Angellissi says, "May our commiments never falter.."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement at Angellissi.

Lordoras smiles in amusement.

Throwing the ashes into the fire, Tristyn picks up a final bowl filled with incense. Her hand dips itself into the bowl as the powder easily slips out in between the cracks in her fingers.

You chant spiritedly, "Unto the light, we offer the symbol of purification in honor of the actions done to right those wrongs."

Tristyn lowers the incense into the fire causing smoke to surge from the slow burning flame. She takes a minute to allow the fragrance from the incense to waft around her.

You say in a quiet voice, "As we close this time together, let us recognize the importance of our duties no matter how small they are."

You say loudly, "Please grant us, Lightbringer and Righteous fire, the nature of perseverance. May our commitments never falter."

Grabbing a heavy lid that was set aside, Tristyn places it over the fire effectively smothering the flames and sending more smoke to billow out into her surroundings.

Tristyn bows her head in conclusion, her wild appearance marginally masked by the haze, "Amen."

Tetsuya says in a quiet voice, "Amen."

Lordoras says solemnly with a Hashani accent, "Amen."

Angellissi says, "Amen."

Setting her implements away, Tristyn steadily rises from her knelt position and deferentially bows to her viewers. "My sincerest thanks for your attendance. May light and fire always guide your steps."