Transing Priority

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
There are four skills I still need to Trans: Avoidance, Survival, Vision, and Tattoos. There are obvious benefits to each one, but I was wondering if there were any suggestions as which order transing these in might be most prudent (especially for a Serpent/Sailor/Hunter).

Best Answer

Answers

• After survival, if you plan on staying a serpent, avoidance (thanks to class abilities + presumed dex focus) can be pretty harsh in PvP against classes it's, well, effective as, and apparently useful in PvE too.

Tattoos probably aren't all that necessary for hunting, I'd think personally. Much more useful in PvP and group combat scenarios, though being able to do your own moss / boar / etc. does have its benefits. Especially moss, but moss is also super early in, so hardly a huge lesson investment.

Vision is not really useful in PvE, and I don't think it has any sailing considerations. It's mostly utility / group combat / etc. A few lessons for some early good abilities might still be called for though.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I want to say I'm at least 30% into each one. I've been weighing heavily on whether to go Survival first or Avoidance, but also would like to Trans Vision eventually so I can see and understand all the damnable shouting that goes on out at seas.

• I've never heard of Vision affecting understanding yells; as far as I know, it's just a function of distance from the person yelling. Or at least, trans Vision certainly doesn't give you any kind of perfect hearing for them.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Eld said:
    I've never heard of Vision affecting understanding yells; as far as I know, it's just a function of distance from the person yelling. Or at least, trans Vision certainly doesn't give you any kind of perfect hearing for them.

Maybe was thinking of being able to identify who the person shouting/yelling is. Can't remember if is in Vision or Survival.

• Shout name is vision. Vision also gives nightsight which is crucial for sailing.
  • He's mhun so he gets nightsight without vision.
  • Nightsight does actually help Mhun sailors. Without it, they get something like half the benefit, but it's been a while since I was a Mhun so I couldn't tell you.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2015
    Survival is super neat, Avoidance iirc also reduces some of the damage you take while bashing so that's good too.

Trans Tattoos is cool, but it's not needed especially if you have someone who can tattoo for you. and.. Vision Innersight is extremely useful in pve to keep you motivated at least imo.