Locks, locks, and even more locks.

I've been around the forums, and have heard a good deal on these things called locks. There seem to be multiple ones, but I can't pinpoint a discussion that actually gives info on them, sooo, I'm starting my own.

1: Venom lock. Has something to do with stopping venoms or something, right? How do you like, set up something like this?

2: Rift lock. I didn't even know this was really a thing or possible, if what I'm guessing is true. It's on something with closing of your opponents rift or something?

Comments

• Locks are combinations of afflictions which prevent certain things.

1. Venom lock (aka Softlock), is gecko, slike, kalmia. You are basically preventing, in a circular fashion, your enemy from using cures (slickness blocks salves which would heal anorexia, which blocks herbs which would heal asthma, which blocks smokes which would heal slickness) -> Counter : Touch Tree.

2. Hard lock, adds curare to the softlock. A paralyzed oponent cannot touch his tree tattoo. -> Counter: Various Survival or class abilities.

3. Truelock, adds impatience to the hardlock. The goal is to prevent the use of ability cures that would break the hard lock. -> Counter : Not much you can do at that point.

As for the riftlock, I'm not confident enough to explain it to you, but in theory, the goal is to prevent your oponent from using his rift to cure.

• edited February 2015

Can we just sticky one of the 300 times this has been asked and answered?

edit:  Not to be mean there, @aaze, it's a good question, but you should try using the search button in the forums.

• @Ernam that would be helpful.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Ernam said:

Can we just sticky one of the 300 times this has been asked and answered?

edit:  Not to be mean there, @aaze, it's a good question, but you should try using the search button in the forums.

Feel free to give an example, because searching for something like that brings up every comment in every thread that has ever had the word 'lock' used in it, regardless of content. Without the ability to refine the search, it's not a very useful option. 

Also, these things are best learned about in game, in my opinion, when you have someone who can go over them with you on a personal level and even demonstrate.

• Sent you a PM with lots of locks and their basic explanations, @Aaze.