Time Management

Could I get some clarity on how time passes in this game? Specifically I am wondering how it works in regards to my equipment. If I am not in game does time continue to pass for my equipment, meaning if I left for long enough some of my stuff could turn to dust? If so is there a way to avoid this?

Comments

• Yeah, time passes equally whether you're in the game or not. Otherwise, people would use alts to simply store things for them that they didn't want to decay.

There are a couple ways to preserve things from decay, ranging from being in the stockroom of a shop to being in a bag of stasis, but they are more special cases.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    bag of stasis wouldn't help alot for an extended period of absence, as the bag continues to decay normally, though I think it'd give you a what.. 30 day extra buffer?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Okay, I mainly ask because I go on vacation in a few weeks and don't want to come back naked. So, being in a stockroom stops decay? 

Side Note: I thought the alt issue wouldn't be a problem as you aren't supposed to interact with your alts.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    the items have to be physically dropped in a stockroom to stop decay, iirc
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Okay, thank you!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Tharvis said:
    bag of stasis wouldn't help alot for an extended period of absence, as the bag continues to decay normally, though I think it'd give you a what.. 30 day extra buffer?
    Yeah, but what if you Russian nesting dolled them in a bag within a bag within a bag. One decays, the other one kicks in!

(I have no idea if this would really work, it sounded better in my head)