More Ink Colours for Inkmilling

JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
edited October 2012 in The Golden Dais of Creation
I'm going to preface this by saying I know that this isn't anywhere near needed or high priority, but I figure it never hurts to ask.

The addition of black ink into Inkmilling was really nice. It allowed for the creation of things like black posters, black letters, even black warpaint, and since it isn't used in any actual tattoos, it exists purely as an RP device, which I really like.

With this precedent in mind, I was hoping it might be possible to expand that range a little and add a few more colours for the same purpose. What I would really want and will love you forever if you put in is either grey/silver ink (silver seems to make more sense since we have gold) but I'm sure other people can think of colours they'd like, too. I was originally going to suggest the letter colours in the Theran letter shop, but I realised they don't have silver letters (why? :( ) and I don't know why, but mixing pink ink seems really strange for some reason.

I know people generally probably don't really care what colour their letters or posters are, but little details like that really make a difference (for me at least) because I do attach some sort of significance to them. I'm sure I'm not the only one, either. 

Comments are welcome!
If you like my stories, you can find them here:
Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Comments

• XerXer Langley
    Before I got my stationary kit, I used to dye my letters red to try and make them more unique than the usual white letters I get from Mhaldor. Admittedly, I haven't done much else with it outside of Runelore, but doesn't sound hard to implement for something that has the potential to be useful.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Yes please.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I am neither for or against this idea, but it will be useful when poster colours show up in room descriptions.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    White ink, silver ink, orange ink, brown ink. Please.
  • edited October 2012
    Beya said:
    I am neither for or against this idea, but it will be useful when poster colours show up in room descriptions.
    Only to a limited degree though, since there aren't all that many ANSI colours that Achaea can use to display said posters in. You couldn't really show orange posters, for instance, and black ones would probably be displayed in dark grey to make them visible at all, which would then coincide with actual grey ink.

I guess you could use light grey for grey/silver ink, but that would just look like the default Achaean text, and not really like a "colour".

White is pretty much ruled out too, because Achaea reserves this for important admin announcements and such and doesn't allow things like illusions to appear in bold white.

Brown would be possible as "dark yellow", but they might already use dark yellow to represent gold, since bold yellow is likely going to represent yellow ink.

Mind you, I'm actually all in favour of the idea for more inks. I'm just saying that representing them visually on screen may not work perfectly for all of them.
  • White ink seems a little pointless, since letters and posters are default white.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • @Iocun So long as it doesn't work to actually become a replacement for graffiti, sure.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • edited October 2012
    Jiraishin said:

White ink seems a little pointless, since letters and posters are default white.

White warpaint is actually very common.
    /reality
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Bump! Yes no maybe?

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Hey, I just inked you, and this is crazy. Can I bump this? Yes no maybe?
    Bump again. There's not really much more that can be said on this topic!

• I like this. More ink colors would be nice, and also other uses for inks. Perhaps make-up, or the ability to make drawings?
  • As long as puce and chartreuse and other make-believe colors never get added, sounds good.
    But if we're going to need to make more inks, please fix buffalo horn's availability or yield per buffalo. I more or less stopped inkmilling because the game of 'who can get to Jingo first' got boring.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • @Xith Chartreuse is a made up color? Isn't it just the colour of the liqueur of the same name?
    As for reagents, I haven't had much trouble hunting up horn in quite a while. The scarcity of yellow chitin is significantly more limiting, in my experience.
  • Eld said:
    @Xith Chartreuse is a made up color? Isn't it just the colour of the liqueur of the same name?
    As for reagents, I haven't had much trouble hunting up horn in quite a while. The scarcity of yellow chitin is significantly more limiting, in my experience.

That's... champagne?

edited November 2012
    I wouldn't mind if this only used the colours that you can already select to envenom arrows. At present, as per AB SUBTERFUGE COLOURS:

First, one should inspect his quiver to discover how many arrows he has in it. Then, you may dye a 
    number of arrows a certain colour.

Colours you may use are red, blue, purple, green, black, white, grey, orange, gold, and silver.

Orange ink seems a little weird, but we have purple so why not. Also I like orange.

• No, it's...chartreuse.
  • And yellow should be added to quiver colors. I wanted my slike to be yellow but had to settle on gold. T__T