Sometimes I'm bored and want to script stuff

2»

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Ok so, I gave up on the GMCP target thing for now. I've run into nothing but bug after bug. I'll come back to it later. The forger is put on hold as well, but I'll come back to that before I hit the GMCP target thing again.

@Entaro: You mean adventurers? Might take me a little bit. I've got to make a enemy tracker (of which I already have a version) and then I have to make it read "who here" or something to actually target those people (I have a pretty good idea of how to make that work) as 1, 2, and 3. Obviously, I'll want to make it rotate so you can bypass shielding opponents (because the ricochet goes through shield).

@Achilles: I need the lines and such and it shouldn't be too difficult.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Achilles said:
    would like a falcon observe script that announces the targets (or enemy list) health (useful when sniping).
    Ohh, that sounds good. I'll take a look into it when I get home.
    gdi
    gtfo my thread. Make your own requests thread. These are to keep ME busy.

I'm kidding. :)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.

• Jonathin said:
    gdi
    gtfo my thread. Make your own requests thread. These are to keep ME busy.

I'm kidding. :)
    Haha, we can both make it and compare notes.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Really not much linewise

Here's an example

Falcon Observe:

Your falcon reports seeing the following people in its area:
    Mosr               3896 health out of 3896.
    Dannyl             7370 health out of 7370.
    Achilles           6055 health out of 5180.
  • I've got $5 on Valden.
  • I was look forward to that GMletterletter targetting script. :(
    edited February 2013
    I kept running into problems with things not being added or removed properly from the lists. There's a version of it up on the forums (or maybe the old ones) if someone wants to take a look and try to improve it. 

Basically, it would only work sometimes. Sometimes it'd add things to the list when they entered the room and sometimes it would remove things from the list on death or when they exited the room. It works if you QL before you start attacking something new, but that's not how I wanted it to work, so I'm just irritated with it at this point.

Also, if Tecton or Cardan happens to take a look at this thread: what is the possibility of gmcp.Char.Items.remove being made to be a replica of gmcp.Char.Items.add where remove has the item name and number, and not just the number?
  • Jonathin said:
    Ok so, I gave up on the GMCP target thing for now. I've run into nothing but bug after bug. I'll come back to it later. The forger is put on hold as well, but I'll come back to that before I hit the GMCP target thing again.

@Entaro: You mean adventurers? Might take me a little bit. I've got to make a enemy tracker (of which I already have a version) and then I have to make it read "who here" or something to actually target those people (I have a pretty good idea of how to make that work) as 1, 2, and 3. Obviously, I'll want to make it rotate so you can bypass shielding opponents (because the ricochet goes through shield).

@Achilles: I need the lines and such and it shouldn't be too difficult.
    Sounds good! 

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • @Jonathin I posted my GMCP room inventory tracker over here, that should help. I ran into the same roadblock with it only working sometimes, you have to track the inventory update as well as manage the add and remove events.
    edited February 2013
    I can already track inventory stuff with near 100% accuracy and I was able to list the things in the room with perfect accuracy. The problem came with gmcp.Char.Items.add and remove. Even converting the IDs to numbers and looping (the long way) through a table (filled with IDs) was still buggy.

ETA: Just looked at your script. Thanks. It actually gives me some ideas on how to display things more efficiently and hopefully I'll be able to find the bugs that have been plaguing my script.
  • Greetings. I have a request. Get back at me with anything you need. But I'd like a script that tracks which entities are actually mine. And allows me to banish enemy entities. Thanks!
  • Did you guys ever make the falcon script?
    Holy shit Old thread. I have a falcon script but I'm not really available to post it up yet I have to get home and maybe find some internet. Tethering my phone to my computer is fine and all but it doesn't work so well for mediafire Or Dropbox
  • edited February 2015
    Jonathin said:
    Holy shit Old thread. I have a falcon script but I'm not really available to post it up yet I have to get home and maybe find some internet. Tethering my phone to my computer is fine and all but it doesn't work so well for mediafire Or Dropbox
    You guys looked like you were having so much fun in this thread I felt it would be appropriate to bump it!

Edit: I also selfishly was hoping a falcon script got made. :smile: