Knight Mastery rankings: Hunting Efficiency.

From best to worst, rank the masteries on how good they are at hunting.

Also, how would you rank those masteries compared to other classes at bashing overall?

Viva la Bluef.

Comments

• SnB > Other specs

SnB > Other classes

/thread

• edited February 2015
    1) 2H
    2) SNB
    3) Dual Blunt
    4) Dual Cut
  • 1) Dual Blunt - Two attacks. 2.3-4 second balance (2.1 with L2 Morningstars). 12 percent health per each double-whirl on Sidhe (Human Con Spec, +1 Strength artie).
    2) S&B - Two Attacks, SOA. Never been.
    3) 2H - One attack, less crit chance. 2.6 second balance (with speed) with level 3 Sword. 12 percent health per each hit on Sidhe (Human Con Spec, +1 Strength artie).
    10) Dual Cutting - Two attacks, 1.9 second balance with L2/L1 Scim. 5 percent per DSL on Sidhe (Human Con Spec, +1 Strength artie).

Knight is currently best hunting class especially as the first three UNTIL Tecton gets to changing Blunt formula which he has said is upcoming. Fullplate makes you feel like a huge boss.

As 2H/DWB if I got a Obliterating or above it was an instant kill.

As Dual Cutting- Some mobs survive World Shattering Crits.

- Dual Cutting suffers from the previous change to bashing to bring everything back down to the same dps for all classes.

• I'd have to agree, dual cutting is about 10th on my list as well. 

1.) 2H is far surpreme.
    2.) S&B close second, arguably better if you have SoA as damage negation > speed of hunting bigger stuff.
    3.) Dual Blunt is strong as well, and close to on par with the other two.
    9.) Kick is nice!
    10.) Dual Cutting.  

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• edited February 2015
    While I don't have exact numbers yet for all the specs (I do have decent numbers for SnB), I'd estimate (including other classes in the comparison):

Artied Two-handed
    Artied Sword and Shield
    Artied Dual Blunt
    Artied Priest
    Unartied 2H/SnB/DB Paladin (with inspiration)
    Artied Serpent
    Artied Jester
    Unartied 2H/SnB/DB non-Paladin (or Paladin without inspiration)
    Artied any other class (including Dragon and Dual Cutting)
    Unartied Dragon
    Unartied Dual Cutting
    Unartied any other class
  • Anecdotally dual blunt does massive amounts of damage with flails. I was getting almost 2k per doublewhirl on falcon testing with 15-16 strength
  • How come 2H does well with hunting? High overall damage?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    When I was playing with it, bastard and hammer damage was extreme, yeah. Try bashing with a bastard sword or warhammer if you have the proficiency, the damage is the same for non-2H, just remember that 2H shaves off like 25% of the balance time with Focus Speed. (3.6 on bastard down to 2.7, if I recall) Most of the things I regularly hunt (Moghedu, Dun Fortress, Nuskwe, Quartz Peak, Vertani) all died in about 3-5 hits, and while you don't have the crit potential of the other specs, the monstrous damage means that a crushing crit or better will flat-out kill just about everything.

I'm not sure it's the -best- spec, but it's definitely high on the list, and it feels good. It's almost a leisurely stroll through hunting, you're attacking slower, but you're still destroying things in fewer hits than anyone else, and killing on every critical.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Now to decide whether I'd enjoy hunting with a Level 1 Bastard Sword or Forged Longsword+SoA more.

Thank you for the info all.

Viva la Bluef.

• What I don't understand considering the numbers we're seeing is why these aren't being hotfixed.  This is massively broken.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Ernam said:

What I don't understand considering the numbers we're seeing is why these aren't being hotfixed.  This is massively broken.
    Whilst I don't disagree the numbers are off, perhaps consider that you don't know what else is being worked on, and that the Garden doesn't jump to adjust everything you point out because they're busy with other things. It'll come good in the end.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Knights master class. Quiet down, plebeians.  :p

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Ernam said:

What I don't understand considering the numbers we're seeing is why these aren't being hotfixed.  This is massively broken.
    I'm more surprised that it wasn't fixed as part of the weapons rebalancing, etc. at least in regards to knights.
  • Nim said:
    Ernam said:

I'm more surprised that it wasn't fixed as part of the weapons rebalancing, etc. at least in regards to knights.

Well I think it's actually because of weapon changes, at least partially.  That said, the equations are very simple to update, all they'd have to do is change (lower) a few constants.  This wouldn't require a server restart or anything =/.

• I thought knights (all weaponry classes, and just weaponry in general, really) had pretty crazy DPS before the changes.

It looks like it might have gotten crazier, though.
  • Weaponry bashing is actually a lot more balanced now. It's just the new knight specs (not dual cutting) that got buffed even further, so they're even more insanely overpowered.

Bards are now pretty evenly matched with everyone else, they don't need any further changes. Serpents are fine too in most cases, but they're still quite a bit stronger with a L3 lash and full dex (about 25% higher DPS than all the other fully artied classes, including dragons). Dual cutting seems to only be slightly stronger than other classes now (in fact, hunting with a single weapon using plain weaponry attacks is probably stronger than DSL), but I don't have enough specific details to be sure.

Weaponry in general is still stronger than most class bashing attacks, but not extremely so.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sena said:
    Bards are now pretty evenly matched with everyone else, they don't need any further changes.
    ILY

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Sena said:
    Serpents are fine too in most cases, but they're still quite a bit stronger with a L3 lash and full dex (about 25% higher DPS than all the other fully artied classes, including dragons).
    I vote that dragon DPS be increased by 33% minimum to fix this problem.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    Putrefaction + full plate + bastardsword = awesome