Bring Back "LOL" Button?

Re : title. While "LOL" can indicate sarcasm, I think it's a way to convey something is funny in a genuine manner, instead of "likeable" and "awesome".

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    To be honest, it's my first reaction to when people post stupid ideas after the disagree button went away. I'm not sure that we'd ever get the lol button back.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• This idea is laughable.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
  • In seriousness, though, I agree. I miss being able to quantify my hilarity.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    lol

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • This forum community isn't mature enough for that. There's a lot less snark already, it was a good change.

i'm a rebel

• Might as well get rid of reactions entirely if we can't have the full range.
  • Kyrra said:
    To be honest, it's my first reaction to when people post stupid ideas after the disagree button went away. I'm not sure that we'd ever get the lol button back.
    Bring back the LOL button for everyone but @Kyrra.
  • I miss being able to laugh. :(
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    lol

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• If it's slowed down posting tempo in any way, that's another huge positive - it helps negate our "popcorn, hit F5, turn small drama into epic flamewar" tendency. 
  • I truly started playing the forums in worst possible timeline...
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    @Jules ...As usual, you don't really know what you are talking about. A dead or slow forum is never a good thing for any game, as it is likely to make people think that the game is likewise slow or empty and pass on it.  Activity, whatever activity it may be, is more likely to make someone who was on the fence take the plunge. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    @Jules ...As usual, you don't really know what you are talking about. A dead or slow forum is never a good thing for any game, as it is likely to make people think that the game is likewise slow or empty and pass on it.  Activity, whatever activity it may be, is more likely to make someone who was on the fence take the plunge. 
    That's so Shirszae
  • but laughter is the best medicine :c
  • edited February 2015
    Achimrst said:
    Shirszae said:
    That's so Shirszae

I need to start using openers like "As usual, you don't really know what you're talking about" in my responses.  I think it might be the missing piece in my forums repertoire!

EDIT:  also an absolutely classic example of why I didn't even think Ernam's little thing was so bad.  There are *far* more smug, self-satisfied characters playing the forums.  They just have the knack of getting away with it most of the time. 

• Jules said:
    Achimrst said:
    Shirszae said:
    That's so Shirszae

I need to start using openers like "As usual, you don't really know what you're talking about" in my responses.  I think it might be the missing piece in my forums repertoire!

EDIT:  also an absolutely classic example of why I didn't even think Ernam's little thing was so bad.  There are *far* more smug, self-satisfied characters playing the forums.  They just have the knack of getting away with it most of the time. 

You'll find you can 'get away' with being smug and self-satisfied if you're actually funny or personable in some fashion.

• You're so right... that totally explains our resident WTF-bot (sadly forced to retire in her WTF-ing prime).  It's her winning personality and charming, bubbly humor that make you feel like you're laughing right along with her!   
  • Herenicus said:
    You're both pretty. Now stop it.
    That's so Herenicus
  • Achimrst said:
    Herenicus said:
    You're both pretty. Now stop it.
    That's so Herenicus
    Actually it might just be the nicest he's ever been and I sort of want to make sure someone hasn't body-snatched him, but I'll take it!
    edited February 2015
    Don't push it.

• Herenicus said:
    Actually it might just be the least passive-aggressive she's ever been, but I'll take it!

That's what the 15min guilt timer is for.
  • Shirszae said:
    Truth. If I hadn't continued to play the forums a bit while I was gone, or checked news and messages, I know when I was debating to come back,  I wouldn't have if there was no activity on the forums. Even the rants, because it gives insight as to what all is going on in the game to either watch out for, stay away from, or try to fix. Certain people are definitely reasons I want to just stop coming to the forums, but in all honesty, if I stop coming to the forums, there's a high chance that I won't be back in game either.
    meh

• Only reason I ever got on forums is because I was metagamed and wanted to see if that was the typical behavior. It is.
  • Yeah... the other games' forums aren't necessarily dead, but there isn't the frenzy of activity we have here.  The slower tempo means that if some drama happens, it has more chance to cool off, that's all (and that does seem to be what happens).  Also, as we know, only a small portion of players use the forums at all (though there's no easy way to know how many lurk or how often). 
  • Jules said:
    Yeah... the other games' forums aren't necessarily dead, but there isn't the frenzy of activity we have here.  The slower tempo means that if some drama happens, it has more chance to cool off, that's all (and that does seem to be what happens).  Also, as we know, only a small portion of players use the forums at all (though there's no easy way to know how many lurk or how often). 
    According to whose online, there are only 31 people on forums and 212 in game. Math? @Sena can figure out what we do with these numbers? Anyone? I don't want to have to go all racist and say asians but, asian?
This discussion has been closed.